1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun Injury Thread (UPDATE: Severely sprained ankle, bone bruise knee)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Mar 10, 2024.

1. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Also, hasn't anyone ever nervously laughed or smiled in a bad situation before?? Idk what actually happened, but cmon man.

JumpMan likes this.
  2. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Just finished the game and I'm so sad. We get a great win, but lose Alp with 30+ seconds.

Praying this is not bad and I get to see him play on April 9th. First game I've been too in Toyota and since I moved back 4.5 years ago.

Get well soon Alpi!

3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Even best case scenario, he's done for the year. They've got 18 games and just over a month left.

I wonder if it's worst case scenario, how that would impact the front office's decision on whether to extend Alpi this summer. Before tonight, it seemed like a virtual certainty that they'd give him an extension.

4. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

I have high expectations for this guy's future. Forget about this season; I just hope with time he can make a full recovery.

Deckard, clos4life, BMoney and 9 others like this.
  5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

6. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

7. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It’ll be closer to worst case than best case that is for sure. Devastating.

8. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

If I were a doctor making injury diagnoses and predictions on Twitter or YouTube I'd kill myself

9. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Yeah. Absolute best case seems like Grade 2-3 ankle sprain and knee hyperextension. He'd still be in a boot for a week or so with at the very least a couple of weeks after that before he's putting any remotely serious athletic impact on the ankle. But if that's what it was (PLEASE BE THE CASE) he should be fine in plenty of time for next season even though his ankle is probably going to feel kind of weird for a while.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

I'm fairly certain the Brooks photo was taken right as the game was over. Dude was smiling because he and his team just won a hard fought game against an opponent higher than them in the standings.

Some posters are just weird, man.

11. carl_herrera

carl_herrera Member

Premature to talk about this, but a significant injury would do the opposite -- it would make an extension more likely to happen.

Rockets aren’t giving a full max extension this summer no matter what, because they plan to have cap space next summer and Alpi’s low cap hold is extremely important for that. Same plan as Tyrese Maxey.

But a healthy Alpi wouldn’t take a less than max extension this summer, as he shouldn’t. He’d wait to get the max. So no early extension would be the outcome.

However, in a world where Alpi has a big injury (fingers crossed he doesn’t), Alpi has more incentive to secure money this summer at less than the max, which the Rockets may be open to.

Either way, this summer will have some huge decisions for this front office.

BMoney likes this.
  12. ChillyPete32

ChillyPete32 Member

Orthos clear at least ~$500k and often seven figures...

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  13. cheke64

cheke64 Member

There's an epidemic of acl tears. Nobody is training the knee flexion preventative muscles. Leg curls and tib bar raises to bulletproof your knees.

14. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

they play 3 games a week... so in the best case, he can come back.

May not be the worst thing to rest him the rest of the way anyhow!

15. Nook

Nook Member

I am not a doctor - but the Rockets are going to be conservative with the knee and ankle of their best player.

I think his season is over- and that is fine. He had an exceptional season and I expect him to be even better next year.

Rockets have some young players to plug in and go from 20 minutes a night to 30.

Deuce, Shark44, Patience and 7 others like this.
  16. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Can we update the thread title with the update when it comes? I don't enjoy reading all these complete guesses about it and just hope it's nothing that will impact his career.

17. prs325

prs325 Member

We can now test the theory that Bari can be a future 5
    And not an oversized wing

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Damn, I didn’t watch the game but saw the score I was so excited, until I watched the highlights…

JumpMan likes this.
  20. Coach AI

Coach AI Contributing Member

a depression that feels too familiar as a rockets fan

Here's hoping it works out ok...

Hank McDowell and invocux like this.