1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sengun Injury Thread (UPDATE: Severely sprained ankle, bone bruise knee)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BigMaloe, Mar 10, 2024.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. Pretty clear this is going to be a devastating injury. Very demoralized by this.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Guess the hope right now is that it's not as bad as it seems

Hyperextension + ankle sprain

[​IMG]

3. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Glad to see someone that knows more than me say a tibial plateau is unlikely. Though I'll hold my breath till that and an ACL/PCL is ruled out.

Best case scenario is a hyperextension with or without meniscus.

Still, I'm not super worried about his ankle.

joshuaao and maypk like this.
  4. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Why can’t we have nice things?

theDude likes this.
  5. invocux

invocux Member

Knee and ankle could be career ending. Like if you torned your ACL and broke your ankle at the same time i don't know how you could come back from that and still be an option in NBA. He would be lucky to be a bench warmer. Watching him sitting on the bench, getting 5 minutes at best would be painful as a fan. All that talent in the world but sitting there and watching inferior players getting minutes over him for years and years. If there's a god he won't let him go out like that.

tagedieb likes this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

This is very unlikely to be a career ending injury. Nor would a fractured ankle and torn ACL be a career ending injury.

Far worse things have happened to players. See Shaun Livingston if you want an example.

7. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That would seem to be the best case scenario from what the doc laid out.

8. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Doesn't believe the hypertension is that bad, but difficult to predict.

Shark44, IvanLCPM, BamBam and 2 others like this.
  9. SORF

SORF Member

Damn, the NBA needs to provide what are called "Tall man" wheelchairs at the games. They have a tall back and they can recline. They also have leg and foot braces on them. Any man over 6 feet needs the tall man wheelchair. That would cover all team mates in today's NBA. A good one runs about $700. I have one that was my husband's. I plan to keep it for myself even though I'm 5 ft. I love the adjustable reclining ability of it as well as my husband did.

10. invocux

invocux Member

Or career altering. Still bad for us and for him. Honestly he can't come back from both and become a 26/10/6 kind of player.

11. OkayAyeReloaded

Supporting Member

Saw it live, damn. Get well Sengun. Take your time and fully recover no rush.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. Two Sandwiches

He will likely be fine.

I doubt he has a broken ankle. From what I saw, it looks like a sprain. Maybe a bad one.

It's the knee we should be worried about. I'd be most worried about his tibial plateau, as it would have the most chance of impacting his career. He could have injured his PCL, with a small chance of his ACL. While these could potentially affect his career, I would say it's unlikely, considering his lack of complete reliance on athleticism, his age, and modern medicine.

Most likely this is a bad hyperextension, probably with a decent chance of meniscal tear, in which case, he'll be fine. They're even working to make an artificial meniscus, as well.

The sky is not falling. This is likely a fairly bad injury, but also likely not as bad as it looks. Hopefully, at least.

IvanLCPM, joshuaao, Radricky and 7 others like this.
  13. CertifiedTroll

Feel bad for Sengun. Sad sight to see.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. maypk

maypk Member

Well, that's kind of the point. "A world-class medical city" or "A world-class medical staff" would bother.

Excuse me, but I'd love it if the biggest star my country has raised in decades got medical care from the medical staff that actually bothers to do neccessary checks.

BamBam and Ankara1923 like this.
  15. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Yes he can. You are overreacting a bit. A bad ankle sprain combined with a knee hyperextension is not career altering. If there are broken bones or significant ligament damage to his knee then yes that could be career altering. Let's hope for the best.

16. invocux

invocux Member

That's what i'm saying. ACL and broken bones together is career altering.

17. invocux

invocux Member

18. bro2044

bro2044 Member

19. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I am sure Hedo "Turkish Basketball Federation President" Turkoglu might ask to some people for proper diagnosis/therapy.

BamBam likes this.
  20. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

I know, I'm agreeing with you. I don't think it's the city though, it's more likely the team. Can't put that on the city. If I was Tari, I wouldn't trust the organization and would have my own 2nd option.