1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1st time in Houston

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by IVFL, Mar 4, 2024.

1. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear the 5th ward area is nice.

Bono likes this.
  2. tochiee22

tochiee22 Contributing Member

How can we forget.. have to visit Timmy Chans on Scott… super sketchy . Would highly recommend drive thru.. it’s a htown thang..

Wing dinner with rice and gravy. Ask for hot sauce cup.

( kidding but not kidding. lol

3. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

you ******* ****ing liar.

5. body slam

body slam Member

If you're doing NASA just as well go to Buc-ee's exit 17B.

6. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Feedback - review on your trip to Houston?

tochiee22 and IVFL like this.
  7. IVFL

IVFL Member

We had a great time. Such a cool city. I have teenagers so it was a little hard to please them but Houston made that possible. We went to the mall (huge but meh for me, great for the kids), Natural History Museum (Great), Nasa (Great), the Rockets game vs the Blazers(2 free Margaritas for my wife and I so really great), and the crown jewel for my kids Buc-ees. . . . . . . . It really is the simple things people.

We stayed in the Montrose area so all the food recommendations kind of went out the window. There was so much good local food there that we didn't really venture more than a mile from our place. We did hit a hole in the wall BBQ place down in Seabrook, when we went to NASA. That place was good. It was pretty easy to get around and I thought people were super nice. When we first arrived I had a University of Idaho sweatshirt on and got a ton of funny comments, just an FYI I am over 100 miles from a potato field. Idaho is more than Potato's, we also have grains. . . . . I am sure we will be back, my wife and I would love to go back just as a couple and do all the things we want. So much you can do.

My only critique would be the parking/driving on Westheimer rd. Can you just make one lane on each side instead of 2 and not have people parking in the outside lanes. A little confusing for this country bumpkin. My family critique would be that I didn't make it to Whataburger. . . . . They always wanted to go somewhere else, and those places were so good that I was never hungry enough to get a burger on top of my meal. Oh well, next time I suppose.

Mango, K mf G, Buck Turgidson and 2 others like this.
  8. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

On these two items. Converting Westheimer to one lane each way was the plan, but current mayor doesn't like road diets, so thats probably off the board for another few years.

Regarding Whataburger, Texans love talking this **** up. I'm from here and I think the burger sucks. I'll eat it if I'm in a hurry, but we have way better burger spots in this town than to waste time at Whataburger as an out of towner.

IVFL, donkeypunch and Xerobull like this.
  9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Bro, that's part of the H-Town fun. The streets suck.

I like it, but agree, there are better burger places. But Whataburger, much like Buccee's, is a cultural thing. I was hanging out from a guy from Dubai this weekend and he said that the two places he wanted to visit in the states were Buccees and Wall Drug, which I found out was a thing. We were on the shuttle to the airport in Montana and he took a picture of a 'huge' gas station with like 15 pumps and I said hold my beer, have you heard of Buccees, which then sparked the conversation.

IBTL, IVFL and ElPigto like this.
  10. Buck Turgidson

If you have time to eat a sit-down burger, there's no reason to go to Whataburger. If you're doing drive-thru, you can do a lot worse. Patty Melt is the winner there.

They have a "limited time" jalapeno-cheddar biscuit for breakfast, and at my local one it is so ****ing good. I don't eat there often at all, but I've had a egg/meat/cheese sammich on those biscuits twice in the last couple of weeks.

11. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Is there anything more American than two dudes in Montana comparing gas stations they've been to?

Buck Turgidson and Xerobull like this.
  12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Tell you wot

ElPigto likes this.
  13. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

"Welcome to Houston!"
    [​IMG]

Ottomaton likes this.
  14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Love me some Whataburger. Sounds like you hatin so much, Passion of the Christ needin a sequel.

15. Buck Turgidson

16. Buck Turgidson