1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Debt to GDP is at 120%. No, we are not able to handle everything. Bottom line, this is what matters the most. That number needs to come down but all indicators point towards that number going up.

Do you even budget, bro?

tinman likes this.
  2. HTM

HTM Member

Bro you don't know what you're talking about, government debt isn't like household debt we can have a $100 trillion dollar debt and it'll be fine. :rolleyes:

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

These Jeremy Lin fans think when Lin throws up an airball it's 2 points.
    I wouldn't trust them to budget coins for a carwash

@Os Trigonum

4. Space Ghost

Biden has always been a war monger.

Here he is suggesting we should invade and occupy south American countries.

LosPollosHermanos and tinman like this.
  5. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Agree. Cede Ukraine to Russia. Make Russia Empire Great Again.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

With global warming, the Arctics will be an inevitable battleground between the west and Russia. They're already at work building more bases there.

Some of their hardliners want Putin to take back Alaska in response to the West freezing his assets and subordinating the spirit of the financial system we set up.

It's a yuge and bigly pipe dream that after letting Ukraine go, we'll be closer friends with Putie and ride bareback across the Caucasus....

WTF are we even entertaining the thought of leaving NATO? To let the world burn and watch the show on an opioid and fried twinkie binge?

astros123 likes this.
  7. astros123

astros123 Member

It's so weird how somehow ending a 20+ year war knowing you're going get bad headlines means nothing to the anti war folks. Biden has ended 95% of all drone strikes from Trump era. We dropped over tens of thousands of drones in Somalia/syria/iraq/Afghanistan which Biden has stopped but none of that counts.

People's brains are utterly destroyed. You may hate Biden nd that's your right but claiming he's a "war monger" by supplying weapons to UKR just shows how broken yalls brains are.

It's so sad how everyone in America is so utterly brainwashed

8. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

9. Nook

Nook Member

That was 35 years ago... a really long time ago.

Bush Sr., Obama and Trump all kept the troops in Afghanistan - it was Biden that got them out.

I don't know that I would call him a war monger honestly - I wouldn't call Trump one either.

Invisible Fan and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. Space Ghost

Think about this for a minute. He wanted to put together an international task force to invade a sovereign nation south of our border. What do you think will happen? Do you think our enemies would say 'oh cool. not our problem' or do you think they would start funding the opposition?

We have been very fortunate there has not been any wide scale war in South America. This kind of stupid thinking would lead to a higher probability of this happening.

tinman and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  11. Invisible Fan

Working with this line of thought, Biden hasn't carried out younger Biden's call to action against Mexico or South America.

Trump has threatened to attack Mexico for the same reasons younger Biden listed, with GOP cronies goading him for a full-on invasion
    https://www.nytimes.com/2023/10/03/us/politics/trump-mexico-cartels-republican.html
    I guess the current difference here between the two parties old fogies is:
    Kang - Invade unilaterally
    Krodos - Invade with an international coalition

I'll choose the coalition like NATO, but who you got?

Nook likes this.
  12. Space Ghost

A couple thoughts - Trump is an idiot. I don't hold him to any standard. I expect nothing but nonsense from the guy. We are not attacking Mexico with our military force. That said, it is possible we could elect enough stupid politicians to approve this, but if we get to that point, these are probably the politicians we deserve.

I was more so reflecting that Biden has a history of suggesting poor foreign policy decisions. Biden administration has not put us in a better position with foreign affairs.

Nook likes this.
  13. Xopher

Xopher Member

Look man. Presidents should not be allowed to change their minds 35 years later. They need to have lifelong consistency in their views. At least Donald Trump has always been consistent! Especially his views on abortion, except when he was for choice, and he has been a LIFELONG Republican, except those years he was a registered Democrat from 2001-2009 and the other 4 affiliation changes. Maybe it is 5 now because he said the GOP is no more and is now MAGA. Either way Biden has to be consistent!

Nook likes this.
  14. Invisible Fan

Even a guy known for rambling drunk memes 15 years ago can learn new tricks like delivering a sotu with rest and prep.

His diplomatic response is still graded as incomplete, but you haven't had mass resignations in protest of American policy. I think that count will rise wrt the bag we're holding with the Gaza shitshow, but it's not bipolar (both mental and geopolitical) like it was with Trump and sometimes Jared,, who Trump loved sending overseas while Ivanka sat on his lap wishing of foreign trademark approvals as her gift for Jewish Xmas.

Anyone can cook up DERP STATE and vast "Soros" conspiracies, but we have several flashpoints around the world while Venezuela and N Korea is simmering for their turn.

I don't think Trump will solve any of this while Biden seems to be doing his best to hold up an old order not many, domestic and abroad, feel convicted enough to fight as hard as we did 2 decades ago

#15634 Invisible Fan, Mar 11, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2024
    Nook likes this.
  15. Nook

Nook Member

What do I think? I think that was nearly 40 years ago… that is what I think.

He also didn’t do it.

Joe Biden - especially when younger, had a big mouth and 40-50 years ago wanted to be viewed as tough on crime. So not shocked he said what he said.

What I do know is that he got American troops out of Afghanistan… has so far he has provided Iraq enough support to prevent it falling to Iranian backed forces. He has also called Russia’s bluster and still kept American troops out of war with Russia. He has threaded the needle with Israel and still pushed for humanitarian aid and has kept the IDF from doing more harm.

He is very old. He sticks him foot in his mouth. He doesn’t always do a good job of articulating the positives of his positions… but he has been largely successful, especially coming off COVID.

There are lots of things I want addressed - and he isn’t perfect, however he is vastly superior to the piece of **** that the Republicans will cower to and nominate.

16. Nook

Nook Member

Putin has been a terrible leader. If you look at his reign from a quality of life standpoint, he has led Russia into the Somalia/Sudan territory. Men in Russia have a life expectancy in their 50’s. The health system in Russia is crumbling at an alarming rate, the infrastructure is the worst in Europe. The rates of alcoholism, domestic violence, diseases all have gone way up…. The economy has absolutely been terrible under Putin in Russia, corruption is way up, as are the level of people in prison in Russia… maternity stats are worse.

Putin has objectively been terrible for 95% of Russians. The numbers are staggering. He has been left to try and instill false pride and bravado hoping Russians over look how shitty their lives and country is since the mobster took over.

He had a perfect situation to modernize and move Russia into the light with the rest of Europe when he took over - but being the corrupt POS he is, he did the opposite to line his own pockets.

Deckard and deb4rockets like this.
  17. Invisible Fan

All these old authoritarian states withering away in power/influence while clutching onto their nukes like they can take it, and everyone else, to heaven with them.

Good thing the West didn't arm Saudi Arabia, though they can still get them within a year or two.

Nook and Space Ghost like this.
  18. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't recall Pappy putting troops, or keeping them, in Afghanistan. Could you elaborate?

Nook likes this.
  19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Just a reminder for all those calling Biden a warmonger. He didn’t start the conflict in Ukraine. Russia invaded Ukraine. Russia was already arming separatists in 2012 and annexed Crimea in 2014. It’s the sovereign government of Ukraine that is fighting g back against Russia. The US isn’t forcing them and they are the ones asking.for more arms from the US. In the meantime other than volunteers no US troops are actively fighting in Ukraine.

Many make it seem like Russia was forced into fighting and are defending themselves. That Biden is forcing the Ukrainians to fight and that US troops are bogged down in a quagmire in Ukraine. None forced Russia to fight and all this could be over if Putin just withdrew. Ukraine doesn’t want to be part of Russia are asking for the means to defend themselves.

20. Nook

Nook Member

I mean't Bush Jr.

Bush Sr. did not keep troops in Iraq. He did what he sat out to do and then got out.... we can quibble over some of the sanctions he and Clinton did - but largely, Bush Sr. was a good President, he just wasn't dynamic and was at the end of 8 years of RR and people wanted something new.

It is interesting - at the time Bush Sr. was viewed as out of touch and out of date, a nice man but a relic of the WWII generation - but he was actually not as bad as people felt he was at the time.

He wasn't perfect, he was a serial sexual assaulter and harasser, but he also was measured in what he said and he had a lot of reverence for the office of the President - that has been lacking.