1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

State of Union 2024: What are your Expectations?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocket River, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

What's the Over / Under on getting a YOU LIE moment?

Rocket River

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

With reports that maga speaker johnson instructed his fellow maga republicans about "decorum" I suspect its a only 50-50 chance that large marge and boobert pull a stunt. Maybe stefanik since she is still hoping for a vp offer.

[​IMG]

3. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I want to know the odds of Trump and Biden passing within the same week. A prop bet with ramifications.

ROCKSS, Nook and Rocket River like this.
  4. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I expect it to be a dull affair.

Nook likes this.
  5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Prediction - Biden will say something wrong or awkward at some point. MAGA will then remove any and all context and play it on repeat in attempt to make Biden seem incapable of using his mind at his current age.

In the background some people will talk about the issues brought up and points made about policy but it will be mostly drowned out by talk about age.

Also Biden will make some pointed comment tinged with humor and carrying the subtext that his mind still works great or he couldn't have come with such a great zinger.

6. HTM

HTM Member

Biden will talk about his first term and his accomplishments because the polls show they aren’t resonating with people but he feels like if he explains if to them they’ll get it - they won’t.

Also, Biden will look and sound real old despite his best attempts.

Rocket River likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

They look like the bar flies that you played slam pig with 10-15 years go ..... you move out of town, you comeback to see your parents, stop at your old favorite bar and they are still there... hooting and hollering and way worse for the wear. You look at one and you squint your eyes as think "well if I am rolling and that drunk, maybe I bring her back to my truck and do her in my truck bed at 2:30 am behind the bar - but the other one now looks like a weird lion/human mutation and you feel a sense of shame realizing you have had your penis inside her, even if it was over a decade ago.

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I expect Biden to be loaded up on a ton of uppers so he can get through it.

Nook likes this.
  9. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

MAN! I keep trying to not have those kinds of thoughts
    but
    Then What?
    Nikki Haley versus Kamala Harris?
    The results of that would be A-MAZING (Mr. Moral)

Rocket River

ROCKSS and Ubiquitin like this.
  10. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

He needs to hammer home the legislative accomplishments passed by the democrats under his administration. Whatever they give him better put some pep in his step cause I wanna see him fired up for a change.

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

never paid attention to any of them

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

This probably sums it up.

People would be stunned or indifferent to hear the economy is actually doing very well, thank you, because all they know is peanut butter costs at HEB now what it cost at Randall's just a few years ago. And the cost of peanut butter at Randall's in 2024? Fuhgettaboutit. And they'll think Trump will fix that. Because they're stupid.

Biden can point out that inflation was worldwide after the pandemic and even worse in other industrialized nations, in large part thanks to price gouging, but he won't, and no one would listen to him anyway. Because he looks old and he talks old. And this administration is SO BAD AT MESSAGING.

Never mind that Orange Jesus' verbal gaffes lately are far worse (Trump: "I was just kidding"). His base (Evangelical and/or working class and/or just plain venal) wants someone to tell them what to believe (see also: Church, Sunday morning). No equivocation. No critical thinking.

Add in the fact that so many Democrats will easily not vote for their main candidate if s/he doesn't walk on progressive waters and we just might have our first convicted felon as the leader of the used-to-be free world.

#12 ROXTXIA, Mar 7, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2024
    Andre0087 and ROCKSS like this.
  13. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Democrats lose because they are so divided
    Biden doesn't use the proper pronouns. . .
    "I'm not going to vote
    I can spend the next 4 yrs with the President grabbing people by P****" - Ultra Liberal Democrats

Republicans are big picture folx. Their Big Picture is WIN!
    So what if Gay Republicans lose Gay marriage . .they don't mind as long as they get to be winners
    So what if poor states start losing their welfare money in Appalacha. . . as long as dem other folx lose more
    So what if black republicans have to sit in the back of the auditorium . . .as long as they are the favored pets

Pick ANY Identity politics you want. . . in the Republican party they are REPUBLICAN 1st, 2nd and ALWAYS

Democrats will cancel their best and brightest for a picture taken 30 yrs ago
    Replace them with an inexperienced and unknown person who says the right things
    has the clear background. . . but no idea how to get the f***ing job done

Rocket River

Andre0087 and ROCKSS like this.
  14. NewRoxFan

Like reeko, I don't watch SOTUs. But Biden's SOTU's have generally been well-presented, and despite maga efforts to inject that hatred and insanity, generally pretty dull. I think that's what is needed... a sober review of the past year and a somewhat hopeful view of the next.

15. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

So you don't watch but others tell you about them and you share that opinion here.

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Randal’s just closed on Braker Ln in Austin

17. NewRoxFan

Do you believe I am a reporter or journalist? I am flattered, but unlike the inevitable "spin desks" that provide their slanted view of the speech, I wait and see it afterwards. You can choose to then read my posts, or not. *shrug*

btw, most "immediate" reporting is easily predicted... but to help you out: CNN and MSNBC will say it was a strong speech, forceful at presenting his accomplishments and highlighting the danger of trump. fox news, oann, newsmax, and all your youtube channels will highlight Biden's age, hesitations, and stutters, and how he didn't name the woman killed by an illegal alien because of open borders.

After you watch the SOTU you can decide how many of these points I hit...

ROCKSS likes this.
  18. NewRoxFan

maga house member luna trying to get trump to notice her...

19. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Biden is going to announce establishment of an aid port in Gaza tonight.

20. NewRoxFan

boobert warming up for tonight...