1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Shut Down Alpi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roslolian, Mar 3, 2024.

1. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

What? This isn't his tooth, it's his back, he's playing sports. It's physical, it hurts. When I do a lot of running my ankles and my knees hurt. There's no injury involved, they just hurt because I'm running a lot. I am sure a lot of players have a sore back, sore arms, sore legs, sore knees, or whatever, you wake up the next day and it hurts. This stuff is cumulative, he's played 60 games. There's a difference between being sore and having an injury. So no, I don't think he's making anything up. I'm sure his back hurts. I don't think that necessarily means he has a back injury. Maybe he does or maybe he doesn't, I don't know. But unless someone says he's actually injured, I have no reason to believe that he does.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

fify

3. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Well as someone who played basketball in high school and college. Playing with a bad back is extremely dangerous. It ****s up your game and its best to sit out than to make it worse. If he is in that state and he gets hit the wrong way he's ****ed and we'll be asking "whats wrong with alpi" as they announce he's out for next year and needs surgery. I agree with the op a wrap helps you heal but how tf are you healing if youre still playing and we arent doing **** this season so he might as well heal.

roslolian likes this.
  4. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

impressive-very-nice.gif

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

You think playing a with a sore back isn't dangerous? You want to wait till he has a major injury and needs surgery a season long recovery time before he rests up?

A lot of injuries start out as minor ones but then the athlete played thru them and aggravated their injury. If we were playing for something then I can see the argument of risking it for the biscuit but RN even playing is out of reach already. Sengun should be given at a least a week off and if his back is still sore then he should get xrays and what not.

Tari is a good example the doctors said it was a pain mgt issue Tari tried to play thru it for a game and then apparently he got an undiagnosed benign tumor that only got discovered a month after he got sidelined. You don't want Sengun to be Tari 2.0 esp when you aren't playing for anything.

6. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

It seems like he has an issue with his lower back, which is usually related with muscle soreness. I am not saying that's the case and it might be more serious issue but if it is the muscle soreness, the only way to address it, stretching exercises and strengthening hamstring and back muscles, meaning Alpi gets rid of the love handles! ;) @harold bingo

7. roslolian

roslolian Member

Alpi does splits every game so I think he has the stretching part covered.

Old School74 likes this.
  8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

You think playing full NBA basketball is the same thing a rehab?

9. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

I am not following. Could you please elaborate?

10. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I guess the simple answer to your question is no, I don't think it's dangerous. Like I said before, there's a difference between something hurting and being injured. It is possible for my knees to hurt without having a knee injury. Obviously I'm not a doctor, according to what you guys are telling me here, it is not possible for your back to hurt without having a back injury. I have never heard this before, but if it's true then yeah I guess sit him down.

11. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

if his injuries were concerning and he's playing through pain, i wouldn't think he would b able to put up this type of performance

BaselineFade likes this.
  12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Tsk tsk tsk.

It was so "short-sighted" of the Rockets to play Alpi tonight against the Spurs. He should have been shut down for the season and cheered his teammates from the bench.

45/16/3/5

He shouldn't have been out there "risking injury". This game shouldn't even count for him.

The Rockets insist on abusing their best player instead of appreciating him. Shameful!

Guys, what would we do without the armchair doctors and mind-readers on the forum that give us the real scoop of what's going on behind the scenes?

#72 A_3PO, Mar 5, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2024
    AKVerse47, pmac, Rashmon and 2 others like this.
  13. Shark44

Shark44 71er
    Supporting Member

Shut down this thread! 45/16/3/1/5 is an insane stat line.

TheRealist137 and BaselineFade like this.
  14. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

- Luis, how did Alpi play tonight?
    [​IMG]

#74 hajkov, Mar 5, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2024
    topfive and Joe Rocket like this.
  15. invocux

invocux Member

His spine was broken in half and still scored 45. Imagine if he wasn't a quadriplegic.

apollo33 and Joe Rocket like this.
  16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

OP is the worst poster on CF.

BallSoHarden likes this.
  17. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Did the rockets play tonight?

18. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

[​IMG]

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Of course I told my guys to shut down Alp, congratulations on getting paid to ask that question.

- Gregg P, Bexar County

harold bingo likes this.
  20. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

Um no he wasn't misdiagnosed but he was told to play on his injured leg which developed HO
    So was tari told to play on his injured ankle? Was he misdiagnosed? You have no idea bc your an idiot which everyone on this forum already knows lol
    But please bless us with your wonderful armchair doctor wisdom based on a two word blurb reported by the rockets
    We are all waiting with bated breath what you think!!!