1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Gaming] Helldivers 2

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by MystikArkitect, Feb 20, 2024.

1. MystikArkitect

Anyone playing this? Supposed to be a throwback to those old Halo type days mixed in with Starship Troopers. Getting a lot of buzz.

2. cdastros

cdastros Member

I am playing it. It is a fun game when the servers are working. Currently rank 11.

3. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

I'm so disillusioned with modern gaming. Everything seems to be these big hype waves and then games just disappear.

I'll check it out if it still has an active playerbase and developer support in a year.

Uprising likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I picked it up, IMO it's really good. Will I feel like that 6 months from now? Who knows, but for now it's a lot of fun and it's not even a full price game.

At a time where you can buy full price trash like Starfield, a half price game that you'll gladly pay twice as long is a breath of fresh air.

MystikArkitect and TexasTofu like this.
  5. MystikArkitect

There's still a few. Elden Ring was a masterpiece and the DLC looks incredible. Tears of the Kingdom was really good though not as good as it's predecessor. Cyberpunk for all of it's faults seems to have cleaned things up. And Helldivers appears to be a throwback to when games were just good for the sake of being good. Rewarded you for playing them.

TexasTofu likes this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

This game is fun.

Has anybody experienced chest hemorrhaging and not being able to use a stim? Health bar just stays in the red and player is just coughing up blood and still no way to heal

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Do you play with friends or just solo?

8. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

I've just joined randoms the times I've played. Maybe under 2 hrs now and level 5, I think.

9. donkeypunch

I'm soloing right now with quick plays and harvesting medals to level up before I embarrass myself with friends that have been playing way before me

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I've played mostly with randoms, but I have formed some parties with randoms I've played with a few times that were good.

I'm kind of wondering at this point if there's a reason to keep leveling up after 20, it seems the perks stop there.

11. Poloshirtbandit

A coworker keeps trying to get me to get this game but I don't have the energy right now to start an online game.

12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Every video I see looks so damn fun.

But it's always multiple people playing together.

Don't have any friends who game unfortunately.

Not sure it's a game I could enjoy as much playing solo.

13. donkeypunch

You can. You can join in any match and it'll set up you with a group. Sometimes you get a really crap group and you can exit out at anytime. Sometimes you get a good group and can just keep playing with them, if you hold up your end in the rounds. I recommend it.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

My thing is... I HATE playing against bots. I want to beat real people. This game transcends that issue somehow? Does it feel like a REAL challenge?

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Downloaded it like a week ago but have not played yet. It puts you into a forced tutorial mode. And forced cut scene.

NOTHING I hate more about video games than that.

Seriously I might never play it again. I cant do a ****ing tutorial after it takes an hour to DL the game.

16. PhiSlammaJamma

Dina Meyer has been in video games before. If she shows up here. That's pure gold.

Liked the movie. The game though, it doesn't look like my type of game. That said, if everyone seems to like it, it's probably good.

17. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I completely agree. It’s extremely short though for a tutorial.

Ziggy likes this.
  18. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

First world problems.

19. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Fun how in America you can have either 1st world or 3rd world problems. Truly diverse place.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Are you a Carmel High graduate?