1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka after loss to Suns, Jalen's 34, Sengun's ejection

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 29, 2024.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Can you point me to an example of Udoka criticizing Jalen (or Jabari) by name in a postgame conference?

2. duluth111222

duluth111222 I.D.I.O.T

Be careful. Clutch is collecting receipts.

3. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

The team just can’t shoot the three very well, would be better suited to run the high post through Sengun and Jabari either shooting midrange or hitting cutters.

4. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Didn’t Apli publicly and explicitly say he wanted to be coached hard? I don’t think Alpi minds, he wants this, he wants the smoke. He wants the motivation. He doesn’t care about everyone else getting coached hard. His fans shouldn’t baby him because he doesn’t want that either.

saleem and harold bingo like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't mind Udoka holding Alpi and other players accountable. I was just responding to that post where the poster made up some stuff about people applauding Udoka for criticizing Jalen and Jabari in post-game pressers. To the best of my knowledge, Udoka has never criticized them by name, so I do think that post was factually incorrect.

cml750 likes this.
  6. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

so?

7. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

:D

AroundTheWorld and Old School74 like this.
  8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Sengun has his worst game of the season and gets ejected...

JALEN AND FRED SHOT 16-44! UDOKA SINGLES OUT SENGUN AT THE PRESS CONFERENCE!

solid, Crashlanded19 and Dobbizzle like this.
  9. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If the Rockets ARE planning big changes this summer, maybe we wait till the new bodies are onboard?
    Maybe keeping the current player status gives time for some guys to redeem their value?
    Maybe what Ime wants and what Stone wants are not the same thing?

Whatever the case, we seem stuck in purgatory until the summer trading season opens up.
    A shame to put the team in stasis just when they are struggling the most.

I can only guess that what they do or fail to do now is somehow positioning for their summer agenda.
    This is the only way what we see makes sense.

#49 jim1961, Mar 1, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2024
    conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Funny, I just went through this entire thread again and there is not a single post from anyone who said what you posted. Not a single poster had an issue with Ime criticizing Sengun at the press conference. Not one.

cml750 likes this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

I think Al-P was not just frustrated with himself, also at the refs and his teammates for bricking everything for the last 30 games.

Feels like as a team we've been shooting 30% or lower every road game in 2024.

I just hope when Shaq was saying Al-P to the Lakers doesn't actually come true in the future if Stone keeps failing to add legit shooters to this team.

12. conquistador#11

This new mission about shooting 40 three pointers per game ain't it when our shooters are our shooters. But even in the last interview with RV, Ime said they're catching up Sengun on shooting threes. I guess we're going to see close to 4 attempts from him from that range in the near future. I just can't.
    [​IMG]
    40 threes at a 29% clip. Transition D gonna go limp.

maypk, Patience and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. solid

solid Contributing Member

Overall, the Rockets aren't accurate shooters. I think Whitmore has the best form. Smith was a "deadeye" shooter in college.

14. cml750

cml750 Member

If he want to ban someone for calling out his blatant bias then the old adage below comes to mind:

[​IMG]

BamBam likes this.
  15. cml750

cml750 Member

They need to bring in an assistant familiar with the Adelman style Princeton offense.

groovemachine and Easy like this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think Clutch will ban people just because they disagree with him. What will get you banned is being obnoxious to him or to anybody to a point it's unacceptable.

AroundTheWorld and cml750 like this.
  17. DeBeards

DeBeards Member

WOW

BamBam likes this.
  18. groovemachine

groovemachine Member

Yup, hit em with the Webber/Divac high post game

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  19. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Just watched this game. Jalen played more attentive defense than he has in previous games. Not great, but more focus and effort. And he seemed to drive more aggressively to the basket. Maybe just because Nurkic sucked and then Nurkic was gone.

Whitmore was meh. The guy I really liked, and have liked in damn near every game I've seen, is Thompson. You can see in him the will, focus, and competitiveness that can make a talented player a great player. Imagine Jalen playing with that kind of fire. He would be special.

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]