1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cougar Basketball

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Progs, Mar 14, 2014.

Tags:
  1. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

YOLO is one of the biggest clowns on this board. I don't have to sit by and take his ****. **** that guy.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

Nobody cares. Boooooohoooo stfu. You’re so damn pathetic you’re actually trying explain yourself LOL

you got a problem. Do something about it then loser. Oh wait you would never. Wack ass bittch

you’ll sit there and take whatever I say and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it. Hilarious to me. Coming in here when nobody was even talking to your dumbass.

3. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Anyone know anything about the NIL deal announced today between Jamal Shead and Exxon Mobil? Is it possible he may be coming back for another year?

4. solid

solid Contributing Member

Really surprised that Kansas has dropped so much in the standings. Thought this season was going to be a fight to the finish between UH and Kansas.

5. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I didn't hear but I think its a given

MadMax likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

Their best player has been out and they have the worst depth bill self has had in years. Iowa St is the real surprise. Nobody saw them being this good and they are legit

#8106 YOLO, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    Jake Tower, MadMax and solid like this.
  7. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

non coach speak, but...
    I'd like the Coogs to win the conference. To win shows we mother ****in belong in this conference, after our football team said we didn't!

But once in the Big 12 tourny, I'd be happy to lose the first game and get a week-10 days rest. We get a bye, so we would probably be losing a decent team. Every Big 12 team, but one, will end the tournament with a loss, so I don't think that would kill our ranking. I mean how many other teams would be 28-4? Short of something weird, UH, Uconn and Purdue are each getting a #1 seed.

PS: Coogs won the chip first year in the Southwest Conference...and second and fourth!

8. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

I was there during that time. Graduated Dec 80. Especially enjoyed and was there in Austin when we thumped UT 30-0. Probably my favorite game during that era.

9. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

[​IMG]

11. Houston Native

Houston Native Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I was at the game last night. Their place was pretty electric as OU was playing well, shooting unreal.The OU fans I sat near were actually very nice; one fan thought it was the best OU had played all year. When they tied it late, their fans were going nuts; when Shead hit the game winner, you could hear a collective gasp, with the air going out of the building. It was awesome! Kudos to our guys for gutting out the W, literally on 1 arm and 1 leg.

Kelvin Sampson got a nice ovation during the introductions, as did Quannas White, Hollis Price, and Kellen Sampson, with Kelvin getting the loudest cheers. I didn’t hear any boos. Very heartwarming.

I met LJ Cryer’s mom at Hobby before departure to the game. Very nice lady. Another UH fan asked her if LJ was happy at UH, which she said yes. I asked her if she taught him to shoot, which she said sort of. I told her she did a good job. The UH fan asked if LJ would consider coming back next year; she said it would depend on how things went this season and his draft status, and that he was eligible to come back due to the Covid year, and he would leave his options open.

Was a very enjoyable weekend (other than our injuries).

#8111 Houston Native, Mar 3, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2024
  12. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

I did not realize LJ had another year too. It would be crazy to see him and Shead decide another year with coach. Who knows maybe NIL help make a pull to stay. Roberts has a year for covid too.

Houston Native likes this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

14. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

The guy in the cowboy hat with his tongue out is hilarious

dc rock likes this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Not giving up on this yr, because Lath look strong on the boards BUT he has to run the court and get back on defense quicker. Trevon Mark would be instrumental right now.

However, if they all comeback next yr. THEY WILL BE RIDICULOUS

16. Nook

Nook Member

Time will tell.

Luck and timing play a larger part in the NCAA tournament than any other major sporting event.

Tuggler is a really big loss, but I am not counting them out.

They are the hardest working team I have ever seen.

They will have to play a little different now, but there is offensive talent that hasn't been consistent, and now will have to step up.

They are the #1 team in the country with 90% of the votes for #1 and they have won 90% of their games in a very tough conference.

No one is going to want to play them in the tournament.

MadMax and dc rock like this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Said it when the initial news broke out before the OU game, Tugler is a huge loss. He's a even bigger loss than TA just bc they don't have the depth at the frontcourt position. Lath is no where near ready to play consistent rotational minutes. He again wasn't even supposed to play this year. But he'll have go grow up real fast because they need him to play 5-10 minutes every night. That and/or Dunn/mylyk will need to step up if UH decides to go small

The rotation is just ultra thin now and the force UH plays with every game for all 40 mins just doesn't coincide with the lack of depth and all the injuries they have this year.

It is what it is. Beat UCF wednesday and clinch the B12 title. Cruise through saturday's meaningless game vs Kansas and just get those bodies as healthy and ready as possible for March Madness

a bench of wilson, Dunn, Lath is just a lot to overcome. Sucks the injury bug hit Sasser at this time of year last year and they came back for UH again this year on multiple core rotation guys.

#8117 YOLO, Mar 4, 2024
    Houston Native and Nook like this.
  18. seemoreroyals

seemoreroyals Member

Just saw an article released an hour ago ESPN's computer model gives our Houston Cougars a 29.2 chance of winning it all in the NCAA tournament, nearly three time greater than second closest team Purdue with a 10% chance. That's a huge amount of respect for our starting 5 and what is left of our bench. With surgery confirmed for Tugler it is going to be a huge challenge.

I am sure CKS is in the lab as we speak concocting a formula to continue our winning ways. He is a genius. The latest formula is more offense. Offense that many of us thought did not exist. It will be interesting to see if we go back to smothering defense and dominating the boards. With no Tugler in the equation it appears our style of play has changed. Four games in a row we have been outrebounded. But we are still winning. What CKS is doing with this years team is unbelievable. And it speaks volumes about the quality of our players. And their ability to but there egos aside and play as a team.

ETA: Looks like we are still renting the #1 spot again in both polls. Fun times.

#8118 seemoreroyals, Mar 4, 2024
    Madmanmetz and MadMax like this.
  19. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

I hope Kevin Harlan calls a tournament game. I want Cryer to hit five threes in a row and hear Harlan yell “he’s a flamethrower!”

Madmanmetz, seemoreroyals and MadMax like this.
  20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Or when Shead goes off and they go to commercial with this: "THE LITTLE GUY!!!!!"

Madmanmetz, dc rock and seemoreroyals like this.