1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green’s frustration clear in the building - Iko

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

He's a troll and one of the few Jalen stans left which is why it has to be like a Jalen relative or something lol

REEKO_HTOWN, HardenReturns and cml750 like this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Today he played well. Guess he just need Beal to hit him in the face and push him to get motivated. Never seen him hustle so much in 3 years.

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Is this why Jalen has shot .274 on uncontested 3's for the season? Sengun makes Jalen miss?

4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

He showed some balls tonight. I didn't know he had it in him!

5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

It affects the whole team's offensive struggles, not just Jalen

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

agreed. I always watch him without the ball. Tonight I didn’t see much standing around without the ball; he was constantly active.

I’m never gonna buy the shot or his finishing at the rim until I see a full season of it, but the effort was there tonight and he defended well. Glad the shots were falling. Too bad the Suns aren’t really a trade candidate in the offseason ;)

REEKO_HTOWN, clutchdabear and Plowman like this.
  7. cml750

cml750 Member

No excuses!

BamBam and harold bingo like this.
  8. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I agree 10,000%.
    Jalen has everything he needs to be a franchise guy, but he has to mature and grow the hell up. His biggest obstacle is between his ears and that’s the scary part for the Rockets, will he ever get it? It’s not physical ( though he needs to stay in the weight room), it’s maturity and a better shot selection.

palmsnbananas likes this.
  9. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

The sad thing is that his mentality was what they used to explain why they drafted him..

palmsnbananas likes this.
  10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

34pts 9rebs 4 assist is not a excuse

11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

He's 22yrs old lol. You guys are the ones not mature enough to allow him to grow up. You have to give him time to develop

Bo6, glimmertwins and Carpe82 like this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

It was his best game for sure but sadly only an anomaly. I however was not talking about this game. I was talking about you blaming all of his bad games, you know the 95+% of them, on Sengun. Quit making excuses for him.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Every good game from Green.

His haters:

"Glad green had the best game of his career"

I don't think this was the best game of his career. He's had other games where he was running around with effort on defense and also putting up efficient 25+ or games in a win.

Dobbizzle, Carpe82 and A_3PO like this.
  14. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Moving him to the bench kills any amount of compensation we could get for him this off season.

15. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

yeah!!!

17. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

To be fair though this may have been the best game of his career. Based on EPM it's the second best game of his career (+9.0), the best game of his career was last year against Minnesota (+9.8). And it is his best game of the season. It was a really, really good game.

18. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Wow - didn’t know the EPM confirmed the eye test. He won that game for us - best offensive player through 4 quarters and made a few key defensive plays down the stretch that prevented the Suns from coming back. I thought the most encouraging part was that it wasn’t necessarily the most efficient game but he was being aggressive enough that he was making a mark on the game literally from the tip…and he really is starting to piece together games where the defensive lapses are rarer than the solid moments and the above average defensive plays. To the points above - you also see he is starting to get a little more nasty to his game - no doubt rubbing off from his teammates…and frankly he needs to adopt that mindset of ‘taking it’ rather than ‘winning it’. This is really the Udoka way all these guys need to buy into to take it to another level.

harold bingo likes this.
  19. cml750

cml750 Member

Quit making excuses for him.

BamBam and Joe Rocket like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was also a weird game from the Suns in which Nurkic exited due to friendly fire, Grayson Allen wandered around like a headless chicken, Beal was in a fighting mood, every guy in the stands was fired up watching Amar'e and not the game, they were shooting 29-31% from 3 and took a ton less 3s.

Like nobody in the stands cared about this game and the Suns.