1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Jalen will be a superstar better than MJ

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Francis3422, Feb 21, 2024.

1. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Game is the same for all of us. I’m a Rocket fan and a lawyer and I’m reflecting that in my own novel way right now by making fun of myself. Hats off to me! ;) But mostly hats off to @ima_drummer2k and the Dream that remains of EarthQuest Adventures!

Ubiquitin and glimmertwins like this.
  2. Ratman

Ratman Member

What in the…what are you….wait so let me get this straight….we can flip edwards for jalen green??? Hell i said that years ago. Get on it stone!

3. cml750

cml750 Member

Maybe we can trade him for an Anthony Edwards trading card although we may have to throw in a few draft picks.

Ratman and OremLK like this.
  4. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

I never said that. I said the NBA won't, can't, use Anthony Edwards as the face of the league.

TV rating would continue to plummet. He is too ugly.

When do you put a product in an ugly package and expect to make money? No, you find a nice
    wrapper or package.....if the NBA expects to turn this around.

Presentation is everything.....and ultimately it's a business. I guarantee you as soon as Jalen Green
    leaves the Rockets he will flourish. Refs will give him every call....even phantom calls. Spot him
    10 points each game off 12 FT attempts, defenders will give him some matador defense because
    they don't want to foul out. Giving Green more clear paths. Like Harden the extra FT's make
    them seem more efficient.

We all remember when Magic Johnson said you can't get too close to MJ or it will get called a foul.

#44 ApacheWarrior, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    kpdark likes this.
  5. J.R.

J.R. Member

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Cringe.

I have never heard anyone try to sound like a rapper so hard. Shameful ****.

7. kpdark

kpdark Member

could also be a three-team with GSW.....Boston gets Klay....GSW gets JG4....Ime gets his guy

Jalen Green will continue to start but with limited minutes to avoid injuries....where ever he may end up, it'll surely be on a big market--and ends up the MIP for starters....seems to be NBA's plan since Edwards can't generate appeal--was even featured on FIBA Team USA but can't get tracking, even with the no.1 team on the West can't get him[Ant] votes high enough to be considered a face of the NBA

ApacheWarrior likes this.
  8. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

@Jontro
    @Os Trigonum

I hope he does better than Marcus Jordan
    On and off the court

daywalker02 and Jontro like this.
  9. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Wut?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. OremLK

OremLK Member

First I heard the "Anthony Edwards is an uggo" take, you learn something new every day. I don't see it myself...

[​IMG]

11. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

Yes, correct.

Edwards is a good basketball player, but appeal and appearance is everything.

I'm not homo$exual, but
    MJ was seen as a good looking man or appealing. [ see movie:;Air ]
    Kobe was seen as a good looking man or appealing.

Before them, Jerry West was had his image used as the logo. Why not Elgin Baylor? Baylor entered the
    league two years prior and averaged 38.3 points per game, West in his best year averaged 31.3 points.
    Both at age 27. It's because mostly whites played and watched the game back then.

Michael Jackson would not of made nearly as much money if he didn't alter his appearance.

For the record I'm in favor of the Rockets trading Jalen Green this off-season. Quit wasting his
    years in Houston if the NBA is not going to prop him up as long as he remains a Rockets.

As far as the trade FVV/Green x Jaylen Brown. Works because I doubt the Celtics want to
    pay Jaylen Brown $50+M per season starting next year.

And the Rockets more than likely want to start Amen at point guard. It's hard bringing FVV
    making $40+M off the bench. Jrue Holiday is expected to exercise his player option.

Even Bill Simmons knows.....bad mouth Jalen Green while in Houston but is ready to
    promote Jalen Green as soon as he is a Celtic. Simmons knows the game....behind the game.

And if people think Joy Reid's hair is truly blond...then I have a boat to sell you.
    It's named the Titanic.

#51 ApacheWarrior, Feb 25, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
    JumpMan and kpdark like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is no way he could even do that.....

14. Ratman

Ratman Member

I think thats good banter. How many times did players tease harden on the same court as him??? Which happened in houston by the way.

15. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

You’re weird bro.

Ratman and GOATuve like this.
  16. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

And I'm saying the league dictates a lot that goes on in the NBA.

That situation was more about breaking up a dynasty in OKC than expecting a 6th man in Harden breaking out in Houston.
    Most of the media pitted the dilemma of keeping either Ibaka or Harden, when most of us were saying keep both and get
    rid of Kendrick Perkins who i believe was non guaranteed at the time.

League allowed Harden to get foul calls but they never let us get over the hump,
    denied Harden multiple MVP's, put a target on the Rockets backs as the NBA world
    would complain Harden travels every play.

League was never going to let us get past their golden babies in Golden State.
    Refs biased their calls in favor or the Warriors, let them perform moving screens,
    Allowed Durant to take two or three steps out of bounds and not get called for
    being out of bounds.

So things often happen by matter of importance. Now Curry, Klay, Durant, LeBron, Dame and others careers
    are coming to a conclusion. League needs to find a new face of the league.....Harden was never going
    to be allowed to be the face of the league. The beard was not appealing enough.

As viewership of NBA games keeps dropping, the NBA desperately needs to pass the torch next year.

Can it be Doncic? Maybe, like Harden gives you no defense.

Can it be Giannis? Lacks the outside shooting. hasn't increased views over the years. League has rigged LeBron outside
    shooting in recent years.....they could start having Giannis making outside shots.

They gave it to Jokic last year, but viewership keeps dropping. Before the finals I said
    that the Heat will make the extra pass and that corner 3 would be available all game long.
    Miami failed to take advantage of Jokic playing drop coverage and not popping out to defend
    that corner 3 which was a available all game long.......a Miami team that had the same
    Pat Riley and Spoelstra that made a living off the corner 3's with Battier and Ray Allen
    in NBA finals lore vs the Spurs. Somehow the Heat couldn't do it.....Sure.

Wemby, SGA, Morant, Ant, Cade.......are all auditioning.

Jalen Green if he can add 10 pounds next year and trim his hair....moved to another
    team will be catapulted to the top as the refs then give him all the calls. You'll see
    him advance defensively. MJ got all the calls, players would strip him of the ball
    by getting All Ball and get called for fouls. MJ would hack players on the forearms
    and get No Calls.

Houston won't be bad with Jaylen Brown. The deal that works is:
    Jalen Green/FVV (expiring contract) x Jaylen Brown/Sam Hauser
    around $55M x $54M.

Media will proclaim Houston the big winner of the deal initially, but long term
    Jalen Green would be propped up as "one of the greatest"

Boston moves on from Brown's contract as they are gifted FVV expiring contract and Tatum
    gets all the attention - Porzingis draws the opposing teams big man out to the perimeter.
    Jalen Green has monster games by using his speed and agility.....and help by the refs.

Houston would be nice with:
    Amen(PG) / Jaylen Brown (SG) / **Dillon(SF) / Jabari(PF) / Sengun(C)
    .....................Hauser....Cam Whitmore.....Tari Eason........*Steven Adams

*Hard to play both Sengun and Steven Adams together as neither shoot 3's....but they can try.
    **move Dillon.

Just my take. 1% of the world are 7 footers so many don't associate with Jokic/Embiid/KAT.
    No 6-foot and under has led a team to a championship as #1 option.
    Most of us are around 5'10 and project ourselves as those 6'5"-ish players. MJ, Kobe, ?Jalen Green?

League would like Green vs Wemby.....but spreading them out brings in more views.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

MJ
    Derrick White
    Jalen Dub Williams
    Mikal Bridges
    Nikola Jokic

Caruso
    Royce O'Neal
    Hartenstein
    (Naz Reid)

That is a take on how to build around Jordan in today's league.

18. TimDuncanDonaut

Who's more of an uggo? Ja or Ant.

Ant looks like he has better hygiene. :D

19. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

How did the league rig lebrons outside shooting? How is that even possible?

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Magnetic rims. Haven't you heard?