1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green’s frustration clear in the building - Iko

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Pringles

Pringles Member

Not resigning Ariza after the 2017/2018 season was so stupid considering he only got a ONE YEAR DEAL.

Even if Ariza had regressed, we could have still gotten some talent and/or picks at the deadline for his expiring contract. Unfortunately, our owner had to save some luxury tax money and tried to tell us that we'd be competing for championships for years to come and have to worry about the repeated tax penalities. Jokes on us fans, because we haven't gone over the tax once 6 years later.

2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Regardless Sengun's one legged wounded flamingo shot was clearly a fluke, he also can't shoot free throws. Jalen's a slasher and needs a bigman that can draw his defender out to open up the lane. The spacing on this team would improve with a stretch big besides Jabari

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  3. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

This entire situation is the doing of Stone and Tilman. Yes, Jalen has improved very little, and has arguably regressed in a key season. And yes, Udoka might not be the right coach to bring out the best in him. The on-the-court (and off-the-court) reasons have all been well documented. However, Stone's inability to have a plan regarding roster construction, as well as his inability to broker a deal that's actually beneficial to the team and its assets plays just as big of a role in the regression of JG. And to top it off, you also have an owner who has no clue how to build an environment where people are held accountable, and the right culture is prioritized. It's a bad combination of many factors, but unfortunately the leadership at the top does not possess the requisite skills to navigate out of this right now.

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen is a slasher who often gets blocked, loses the ball, or misses the basket. I'm ready to just slash him from the team. I'm sick of catering to him. Let's replace him with someone more efficient all around when it comes to shot efficiency and ball handling.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

We don't really know what happened. KPJ isn't going to jail, so this was all apparently just a little lovers' tiff.

DD

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The ironic thing is that it was Dadakota who actually posted the video of Kysre not able to walk or stand upright.

7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Still Stone’s fault.

8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Most the catering actually goes to Alperen. Ime just said he was hiding him from guarding Chet against OKC. Why hide your starting bigman from guarding another bigman? I'm sick of the excuses Sengun gets. Let's replace him with a physical big with range that can guard Bol Bol & Valanciunas

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

Even the Fantasy Basketball world is ready to pull the plug on him LOL

Currently ranked outside the top 200 in per-game fantasy value, there’s no need to roster Green any longer. Revered for his scoring and three-point shooting, he doesn’t offer elite value in either category to compensate for his atrocious efficiency and lack of peripheral contributions. He’s averaging 17.6 points and 2.0 triples per contest, and he’s not even worth a look in points leagues. Green posted a juicy 34/5/2/3 line in Thursday’s loss to Phoenix, but don’t let that fool you. He’s liable to post a dud in his next game out. If you can get good value in a trade, use this game to move on from Green.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

[​IMG]

11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Again, doesn't matter if you don't have the context of the video.....

SIGN KPJ to a minimum contract in the offseason !

DD

12. Nook

Nook Member

Riiiiigggght.

This was a little lovers tiff.

"Tell me you hit women, without telling me you hit women."

13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

@Clutch What’s your opinion on DD’s idea here ??

HardenReturns likes this.
  14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I can’t speak for Clutch, but I hate it. There are other stones to turn over without going back to that guy…we don’t need that crap around. Immaturity is already our calling card…let’s not double down

15. backwardhead

backwardhead Member

Seriously? I've got some cognitive dissonance going right now...

GOATuve and topfive like this.
  16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It makes more sense to replace Green. There are 39 shooting guards ranked above him in player efficiency. Sengun is ranked 7th in player efficiency among centers. I don't have a problem drafting another big to come in at certain times, or a good 3PT shooter, but replacing Green for a more efficient SG is just smarter.

charlieaustin and backwardhead like this.
  17. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

9.9 **** take.

this man cares zero about posting anything reasonable and cares 100 about terrible **** takes.

18. DaDakota

I just like his talent, I don't care about the off court stuff, this team needs talent, and I think Ime would help with the other stuff.

But it is whatever for me.....tbh.

I know it is highly unlikely but Tillman and Stone both love the guy.....so......

What is your opinion on it Pele?

DD

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

If he had the talent without the other stuff, I'd be fine with it. But the other stuff gets in the way of the talent.

JayGoogle, GOATuve and AroundTheWorld like this.
  20. DaDakota

Not for many NBA players - over the years......lots of them were in trouble and matured - and at a minimum contract, seems it MIGHT be worth the risk, and yes, I know it is not a popular opinion.

However this team is severely lacking in a 2nd creator that can finish in the paint and create for others as well as shoot the 3ball effectively, and he does all of that - without the other stuff, he is a perfect fit.

So, I would be willing to roll the dice, again - not like you are gonna piss off too many fans that they won't fill the arena - if you start winning they will come around......sports are littered with players who came back from brushes with the law.

And in the end, he pled guilty to a misdemeanor, while guys like Jason Kidd, Warren Moon, Miles Bridges, all did way worse and came back from the brink....

But not everyone forgives, and I can respect that....

DD