1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[OFFICIAL] Shaq wants to see Alpi on the Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 27, 2024.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with this opinion.
    I don’t necessarily agree with it but I can understand it.

Salvy likes this.
  2. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I can see where you're coming from. While Sengun does have some physical limitations, I think they are a bit overblown. He has other physical attributes that are actually quite special. Anyway, he is a 3pt shot away from being a #1 option on a contending team.

A lot of people compare Sengun to Jokic. I think he is more similar to Sabonis than to Jokic. Obviously Sabonis is not on Jokic's level. But Sengun, IMO has higher ceiling than Sabonis because of his low post scoring ability and a slightly bigger size. Sabonis is not a good 3pt shooter and he is already in his prime. If Sengun develops a 3pt shot, he will be a top 10 offensive player, maybe top 5.

cmoak1982 and Strawberry Gum like this.
  3. YOLO

YOLO Member

Sabonis is a great rebounder and an above average passer, especially for a C. Sabonis is very good not because of his offensive but bc of his versatility. A league leader in trouble doubles that most people wouldn't think of

HardenReturns and Easy like this.
  4. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

And I'll forever call you a fake ass fan. Supporting opponents because you like a player? Might as well go buy the jersey.

5. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

This front office has been low on Sengun since year 1, judging by how Silas treated him and how we tried to sign Lopez to start over him the past summer.

I would not be that surprised if Stone trades Sengun if he finds a good deal.

Personally I think he should be here to stay but his defense is concerning. He's fallen off the cliff on that end as of late and his touch around the rim has also seem to regressed. Also he has yet to show he can hit jumpers consistently which we desperately need him to do on this horrible shooting team.

That said tho, I think he's developing at a good rate unlike a certain teammate of his.

HardenReturns likes this.
  6. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

The Rockets desperately need to add Point Guard Assistant Coaches. The Playmaking, Dribbling, Shooting and Lateral Defense has been terrible this Season.

Fred VanVleet has been terrible since returning from his injury.

Fred had the worst Minus last game.

7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Dobbizzle and OkayAyeReloaded like this.
  8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yes, I think Sengun has the same kind of versatility with better scoring capability. If Sengun never develops an outside shot, he will be at about the same level as Sabonis.

kspires999 and HardenReturns like this.
  9. burlesk

burlesk Serious business
    Supporting Member

nm

BamBam likes this.