1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rafael Stone is a god send

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ball king23, Jun 29, 2022.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Stone is older than Morey by months. Time is truly ticking away.

One is President of Bball operations in the East, the other is still trying to build his first contender.

At least Stone is not Silas of GMs......hmmm.

2. topfive

topfive CF OG

Did Stone do something horribly wrong in the last week, or is this surge of FIRE HIM! postings just a reaction to us losing to better teams lately?

Swear to god, I think most of you would be much less stressed if you had just accepted before the season that this year we would be better than the last few years, but still not very good. Did you honestly think we'd jump from bottom-dwellers to a playoff team in a single off-season during which we brought in ZERO superstar talent?

#82 topfive, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
  3. fattz

fattz Member

I think we better than this. I truly believe we are still so much better than we have shown so far this year. It seems like we play with a glass ceiling. A lot of non growth happens over and over.

If Green was benched and then buried in favor of Amen or Cam a lot of the small things it takes to win would start happening. (They are both rookies).

If Smith was moved to the 3 and got Green”s touches good things would start happening. Smith is fundamentally sound player. That would be a mismatch to our favor most every night.

Sadly a role player with a skill set of our former player Garuba is all that is needed. Just let the other players get theirs. 3 & D, protect the rim & rebound then keep everyone honest on offense with the corner three. Coach never got a chance with him. Better yet he never got a chance with Coach. When Silas used him; he responded well. There is a place for him in the NBA.

PeterKingX likes this.
  4. YOLO

YOLO Member

yes a whole lot of folks did especially when I was told FVV was a top 20 player and Dillon Sucks was awesome

jordnnnn and topfive like this.
  5. the shark

the shark Member

If Green was blossoming into what they'd hope he'd be when they drafted him the future would look a lot brighter (obviously). However he's been (in my opinion) a bust. He's not getting better. It was thing when Silas was the coach. Not the case anymore. From what I see I don't think this kid has the mental make-up to be a star.

Anyone thinking this team would do any better then .500 was smoking the hopium pipe. They have some young kids to build around, but come on, none of these kids are the guy to build around, they don't have that guy yet, but having Alpi, Cam, Thompson, Eason and Smith are all good supporting players. NO WAY I'm extending Green. Flip him for whatever you can get. Still keeping an eye on how those those Nets picks will play out. Stone has this off-season to get this ship pointed in the right direction, and if not time to cut bait.

DVauthrin likes this.
  6. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We have to develop ROCKETS CULTURE
    Which won't tolerate slackers

Rocket River

7. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

What is the difference between Morey and Stone? Morey draft and trades for Stars and Championship and Stone draft and trades conservatively and we are becoming a Washington Wizard and Sacramento Kings franchise

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

9. TimDuncanDonaut