1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

2. conquistador#11

1/17 from 3pt range in the 2nd half.

cml750, noppeper and AroundTheWorld like this.
  3. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

5. invocux

invocux Member

Even if you have Kareem in your line up if you are shooting below 30% from the perimeter you can't win an NBA game in 2024 i guarantee you that. People ask him to be better in the paint but it will not effect the outcome of the game because while this team is good enough to make it a 5 point game with their hustle but they are incapable of doing beyond that. It stays as a 5 point game for a minute or two then their shooters show up and make it a 20 point game. This is the game in 2024. But we played good defense so we deserve to get the W (crying Soyjak with glasses) no you deserve it only when you shoot well from the perimeter. People should shut the **** about his defense until we become a good shooting team. We are Vikings, sweat and tears, we breathe on their necks, they **** their pants when they look at us okay but that's a .500 team at best. To be a playoff team you need shoot.

HardenReturns likes this.
  6. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

8. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

I would if I were him. They are the exact opposite of us. We have a dumb FO and dumb fanbase. Where would the Rockets be without Sengun this season.

9. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Depends on who we replaced him with

10. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Im pretty sure his replacement is on the Hawks bench. You know because he's a lob threat.

maypk likes this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Not surprising. I am getting this feeling as well (hence my thread a couple of weeks ago: https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...-franchise-player.322263/page-4#post-15053738).

I am getting strong Kevin Love at the Timberwolves fibes from this situation. When he was a young player the front office also didn't believe in him. And he really got frustrated as a result of it. That beig Said I believe Sengun will be much better than Love was, so it would be even worse if he gets frustrated and gets traded.

It was sad how Sengun was wasted the last 2 years while we invested in the development of Green and KPJ. We really wasted 2 years of development. I do believe Udoka does believe in Sengun. So my main hope is that Stone gets fired at some point and our new GM does see what we have in Sengun.

13. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

As it stands, Sengun is clearly ahead of his teammates in terms of ability. However, I'm not convinced in this day and age, that you can build a team around a big that is average at best defensively. Unless that player is Jokic level, can a Sabonis type player really be the best player on a championship level team?

14. Buck Turgidson

Why does he need to be the "best" player on the future Rockets?

Amen/Tari/Jabari/Sengun/Cam + some quality vets and new picks is not a terrible place to be

15. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Amen and Cam - the look on their faces tonight towards the end of the game.

They say a picture speaks a thousand words and by god were they dropping 5 hour monologues with those scowls.

Sengun to Amen and Cam: *insert James Franco.first time gif

If this incompetent front office doesn't rid this team of Jalen Green this offseason, more than Sengun is at stake of walking when their rookie contract ends,.

Why in the world would Sengun want to re-sign here right now. What has this team done for him except constantly throw him under the bus.

16. Buck Turgidson

Drama...meet Queen

17. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

What I don't get is, how can people already determine whether or not Sengun can be the best player or not? He's shown improvement all 3 seasons he's been in the league and he's still barely drinking age. Why can't we wait to see what he becomes when he gets near his prime in his age 24 season or so? Same thing with Jabari.. he's improved a ton over the last season and yet so many people are overconfident in writing him off and he's just 20 yrs old... Contrast this with Jalen, who has regressed each season and for whatever reason, just never shows any competitive desire.

Like you said, there's nothing wrong with a core of Sengun, Jabari, Amen, Cam, Tari and I'd roll the dice with those guys any day... who knows what they'll become 3-4 yrs from now. Just because other teams seem to be ahead or have their "guy" doesn't mean we have to abandon ship and start all over again to search for some "franchise player" - odds of us starting over and finding a franchise player is probably worse than finding a franchise player within the young core that we already have. Why can't we just focus on maximizing the talent that we have accumulated and help the guys that we have determined to be our keepers to reach their potential?

On another note.. finally got the chance to see some Reed Sheppard games... the boy can play ball and would be awesome if we could somehow draft him.. feel like we could have our own little Jokic/Murray combo with Sengun/Sheppard.

18. Buck Turgidson

Did you see the last minute+ of the MissSt vs Kentucky game?

Yeah, the boy can play...dedication, devotion...

#12458 Buck Turgidson, Feb 28, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    sefril, cml750, cmoak1982 and 2 others like this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

Little Bit and Buck Turgidson like this.
  20. Buck Turgidson

Have queen, will trevel?