1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Season's Pretty Much Over - Thoughts moving forward?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MystikArkitect, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Until injuries last year were best in the West and had best record in the NBA.

2. Nook

Nook Member

He is like a super charged version of JJ Reddick to me. He can defend most players, but there are some that are just too quick - and at 6'3" he is going to end up guarding almost all guards. It isn't the end of the world as he works hard, and he has good instincts so I think he can be "okay" long term.

The question I have for him and taking him near the top of the lottery - is whether he will be able to translate successfully to shooting a higher volume of shots.

Astrosfan183 and daywalker02 like this.
  3. Rochut

Rochut Member

[​IMG]
    just sayin'...

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Be honest, how many attempts?

AroundTheWorld, jayhow92 and Rochut like this.
  5. MystikArkitect

Stone would **** up both picks.

6. Rochut

Rochut Member

Probably around 10-12

7. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Not as bad as I thought

8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Ha, imagine we get both Risacher and Sarr. Just kidding, the basketball gods would never be that kind...

Rochut likes this.
  9. Rochut

Rochut Member

It would be funny as hell that we get our lottery luck in the year we don't tank after 3 years of going for the ping pong balls!

Y2JT likes this.
  10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

https://barttorvik.com/playerstat.p...l&minmin=10&start=-11101&end=all0501&minppg=1

He's in pretty good company among freshmen with his box plus minus. I'm sure that will be higher after tonight's game. I agree with you on the usage and quickness questions, but the kid can certainly shoot.

Nook likes this.
  11. DVauthrin

DVauthrin Contributing Member

The Rockets need to figure out how to land a really good shooting guard that can space the floor. Jalen Green plus picks should be used to land that player. Honestly, Mikal Bridges is a good target, if the price is right. The Nets need to rebuild, and the Rockets control their draft for the next few years. Figure out a way to meet in the middle on compensation.

They also need a better backup center. Dillon Brooks is not going anywhere and neither is VanVleet (he could be traded at the deadline if the team isn’t in the playoff mix because of his team option in the third year of the contract).

Cam Whitmore should be the microwave bench scorer off the bench, with Amen Thompson and Tari Eason each getting at least 25 minutes off the bench next year, too.

12. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Using Sam Vecenie’s words, verbatim: “He’s so smart. He’s so skilled.” Those players seldom fail.

13. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

watch Stone trade both picks to save his a$$

Rochut likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

He is just a really good player. Ten to fifteen years ago he would be limited to a bench player that hustles and hits open threes.

With the league rules changes over the last 20 years, with players not being physical and with teams running open offenses - it is very possible he proves to be a star and 20+ a game scorer.

God knows the Rockets can use shooting, scoring and smart/confident players.

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Make no mistake . . . I don't mean to over-rate him but .. . I cannot help but think we miss TARI!!

I think with Cam and Thompson . . . . that second unit would be legit

I think the youngster I have the most hope in are: Sengun - Jabari - Eason - Cam - Thompson

Holiday can be a solid bench players

Jeffy/Dillion/Fred - temps and we need upgrades when the youngsters mature

Rocket River

DaDakota likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This is such an atrocious development situation that they might also just fumble away good young players like that.

17. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

We need to trade for Mikal Bridges or sign Miles Bridges. I know team will shy away from Miles Bridges because he beat up his wife, but his wife has forgive him, NBA has forgive him and he need to bite the bullet and sign him. We do not have enough talent on this team. Miles Bridges can average 20 points a game and can shoot outside.

18. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

lol how many times did you have to refresh to get that?

Rochut likes this.
  19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

We need a Shooter - What's joe Harris doing about now???
    We need a Rebounder - SOMEONE TO KEEP PEOPLE OFF THE OFFENSIVE GLASS!!!

Rocket River

Rochut likes this.
  20. Rochut

Rochut Member

I should have counted but it was around 10ish, perhaps a dozen.