1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rumors: JG4 refusing to be sixth man and believing him not being properly used

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DeBeards, Feb 21, 2024.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

You know, I thought about that and let Amen play the SG.

Also, I wished they would sign Nerlens Noel.

Jontro likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Come on. That's the worst analogy I've ever seen on CF.

There are several teams with non-PGs who grab rebounds and regularly push the pace. Probably every team has guys who do that. Even giant Jokic does it. There are zero teams that tell their best dunker to dunk every possession. That was ridiculous, man. You can do better than that.

Also, I'm not saying we shouldn't play faster. I'm saying that I'm not so sympathetic to Jalen's complaints because I'm seeing other people on our own team playing the way he apparently thinks he should be playing.

3. MystikArkitect

There is a really good chance Jalen genuinely believes they'd be better if Silas was the coach.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

Exactly. Udoka needs to give him 7 -10 feet and make sure the defense isn't moving. How is he expected to hit his shots with all the distractions?? Gah.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

If Jalen's not pulling his weight in his 3rd yr, then he needs to step aside and let Cam or Amen have a shot!!
    Udoka ALSO said this, so pick your poison....:cool:

Go Rockets!!!

DeBeards and BaselineFade like this.
  6. BaselineFade

BaselineFade Member
    Supporting Member

These excuses are getting tiresome.

7. Tempington

Tempington Member

Can someone explain to me, genuine question, what is the proper usage of Jalen Green according to Jalen Green?

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

u can’t use someone properly who can’t shoot and can’t finish

Can we just stop the nonsense already?

Rockets didn’t even play that fast last year

Jalen Green just isn’t good, period

Jalen Green is what happens when u don’t work on your game and you’re no longer playing a huge amount of minutes in garbage time against teams giving minimal effort because you’re tanking and don’t require much effort or scouting to beat by 20

9. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Roosh is a failed local rapper who one day decided to be a sports blogger.

Can't stand the dude

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

Refusing? Really? He may be opposed to the idea, but I doubt he’s refusing to play.

topfive likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

pace last year - 99.74

pace this year - 99.13

fast break ppg last year - 12.9

fast break ppg this year - 14.5

Jalen fastbreak ppg last year - 2.1 in 34.2 mpg

Jalen fastbreak ppg this year - 2.7 in 30.6 mpg

# of excuses made last year - hundreds

# of excuses made this year - over 9000

Jalen’s man probably one of the main ones clogging the paint too since the boy can’t shoot for sh*t

imagine Westbrook taking 7 threes a game…that’s basically Jalen at this point

12. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Sounds like somebody needs to give Jalen Mathloom's number.

cml750, GOATuve and AroundTheWorld like this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

You are exactly correct. if Jalen cannot learn to shoot it won’t make a bit of a difference how fast we play he will not be a difference maker for this team. I do believe we are a team that would benefit from a faster pace now that Cam and Amen are ensconced in the rotation. As long as FVV is getting starter minutes, we will be a more plodding offense.

14. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Ya know...

I thought about it and I could see them not adding any pieces during the trade deadline being a mutual decision. I don't think they are happy with how things have gone I there will probably be some significant changes made in the off season.

DeBeards, Y2JT and Corrosion like this.
  15. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yep.

I always chuckle when people talk about Jalen not being able to finish because the paint is clogged since he's one of the main reasons it's clogged.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

That's because Amen and Tari earlier this season have crazy active defense and gets tons of steals that allow them to run.

Fast breaks is a double edged sword because if you are sloppy it just leads to fast breaks the other way when you don't convert.

Jalen's fast breaks are him leaking out before the play ends so he can get a lob, that means one fewer defensive rebounder and also one fewer defender of the other team gets offensive rebound. His dribbling and passing skills are not good enough for him to just consistently go coast to coast.

Haymitch likes this.
  17. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

The lack of quality shooting guards in these past three drafts is disturbing…

18. xaos

xaos Member

Can we trade both Green and Roosh this offseason and move on from third grade?

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

It's a case of NBA developmental paths not working on fundamentals. It seems to go in cycles. The late 90s/early 00s seemed to swing away from fundamentals as high schoolers came en vogue, and then in the late 00s/10s there were more fundamentally solid, rounded players inspired by San Antonio's success and the expansion of International players. Now we're back.

My armchair opinion is that 90% of American players only work on their strengths and not their flaws. (I'm a big NHL fan and this has recently been the case of Canada not being able to produce goalies versus other countries.) The modern age is about sizzle and not steak.

I hope I'm wrong; see also:

cryout75 and Corrosion like this.
  20. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Yep..

Playing as bad as Jalen has and blaming it on pace (even if the pace was slower which it's not) is just stupid and shows that he isn't taking accountability. That alone should earn him a seat on the bench.

Also it's been shown that pace does slow down in the playoffs a bit, so even fast teams usually aren't as fast when they have to play a 7 game series. So what happens with him then?