1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Houston offered "several" Nets picks to Brooklyn for Mikal Bridges

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I made some cherry-cranberry sauce that was pretty damn good last thanksgiving.

napalm06 and conquistador#11 like this.
  2. Rokman

Rokman Member

That's how I like 'em!

3. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

From the Lowe post

napalm06 and ChillyPete32 like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

5. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Gee golly, I didn't know any team would want those things.
    What novelty.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

napalm06 likes this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

Mikal Bridges is a really nice player. He can defend at a high level when he doesn’t have to be a #1 option. He can defend multiple spots on the floor, is smart so can adapt in a system. Offensively he can be efficient and sometimes take a big load.

Importantly he has a good basketball IQ, something Green and Whitmore don’t have often enough.

Still - the Rockets were not giving all the Nets picks and swaps back.

vince, Deuce, OremLK and 2 others like this.
  7. MystikArkitect

Rockets never offered that. Ever. I think Ime/Stone would openly laugh at the thought of that.

8. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Why does anyone still care about this? Who cares what the Rockets offered - the deadline passed, it ultimately didn't matter.

We have way more important things to worry about:

Are the Rockets moving on from Jalen Green after the @Roosh Williams Twitter scandal ?

OR

Is @Roosh Williams on the hot seat - could Stonetitta look in to bringing in a new Volunteer Assistant Unsolicited Twitter DM Player Development Coach?

AND

Has @Jontro 's camp been contacted with respect to the above?

Jontro likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

I can confirm the Rockets were told by the Nets they had an offer of 5 first round picks for Bridges.

Rockets never offered ALL their Nets assets for Bridges, but offered more than I likely would have.

Very possible Rockets don’t keep the Nets 2024 draft pick and also very possible the Thunder don’t keep the Rockets 2024 pick. It’s early but draft picks in that 4-12 position of this draft are not highly valued right now.

vince and Deuce like this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

There is absolutely zero possibility that the Rockets were stupid enough to offer that trade and the Nets were stupid enough to not take that offer if it was made.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This can basically describe Tari or Jabari, minus the big offensive load. Although Jabari's ball IQ seems to fluctuate a lot.

Just seems weird and desperate to make a B level player a franchise centerpiece for a rebuild.

yixiixiy and Nook like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is how Jock Landale looks when he is becoming GM.

13. Rokman

Rokman Member

I agree. That is far too much for Bridges. It's not like the Rockets were a Bridges away from competing for a Championship. Too young, too inexperienced, not deep enough for the Rockets to only walk away with Bridges for that haul. Claxton better have been in that deal.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Bridges would have never left the Suns not until a chip.....he would have been great on Denver or the Bucks.

15. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t think they view him as a franchise player as much as a really good 3rd player on a title team.

Deuce and napalm06 like this.
  16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

That doesn't seem to be how they are pricing him, however.

17. Nook

Nook Member

Agreed - but Stone has not really shown he is good at maximizing value in his transactions so far as a GM.

18. MystikArkitect

I mean that could've been 5 heavily protected FRPs. Bridges is worth a pick, a swap and a protected pick. Or Green. That's it. I'd rather develop Tari/Cam and use the pick than spend it on a marginal role player. This team still needs a superstar and someone needs to step up. Luckily three of our guys have looked like they could be the that.

As bad as this draft is, could be really good for teams picking in the 5-9 range as that's where a star could potentially be. Upside swing on Holland for example. Rockets need wings and shooting. We are young and aren't competing for championships. Need the kids to develop.

vince likes this.
  19. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

That’s funny because if Stone did offer Green and two of the Nets pick / swaps back it actually BEATS the whatever 5 made-in-Bangladesh picks Marks claimed someone was offering (OKC traded 3 such picks for the 12th pick last year, and sometime in early 2000s Rockets itself traded 3 picks to get to 7th I think in a similarly meh draft). So, yeah, I don’t know what type of mushrooms Sean Marks was on when picking up the phone.

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member