1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dude...can I have my All Star Saturday night or what. And you talking about toxicity..

You can have your last word or last meme.... Idc.

I don't agree with you, that is all.

#521 daywalker02, Feb 17, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
    cml750 and Joe Rocket like this.
  2. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sengun's rating suffers because he spends much of his time on the court with Jalen.

Ardeus, subtomic, cml750 and 8 others like this.
  3. PWR

PWR Member

Agreed

cml750 likes this.
  4. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Playing Jalen off the bench can only be a good thing.

Tankeio likes this.
  5. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Lol the hate is deep

#525 Stephen_A, Feb 17, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

dumbass lmao

7. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I'll make one comment on the tweet fiasco. Jalen is a 22 year old who is having the biggest reality check of his life, and realizing he actually might not be as good as he thinks he is (in the summer he told Paul George that he lost confidence and thought he wasn't good) and Roosh, who isn't just a fan but a fan with a platform, has been fairly critical towards Green. Jalen responded the way any 22 year old in denial would respond in self-defense. This is a non-issue. Jalen is human. Just last year, Roosh who is like 35 called a woman a "fat ***t" because he didn't like the way she criticized him. Geez. It's almost like we're all humans who are subject to our emotions and sometimes make mistakes. Seriously. This is a non-issue. "but Clutch seen da DMs!" Seriously, who cares. Unless this because a trend for Jalen to attack fans with platforms, and goes beyond to attacking normal fans as well, none of this is concerning.

What is concerning is Jalen's on court play. He's been bad. It's not necessarily that he's been bad. He's just been weirdly and wildly inconsistent. A lot of his good games over the years have never been games where it feels like it's not sustainable long term. It's not games where he goes like 11/15 from the line and makes 5/11 threes. He gets in good rhythm and attacks the rim, uses his speed to get by players, finds good spots to be especially in transition, is active off the ball, and makes good defensive efforts, rebounds well, ect ect. It's frustrating to watch as a fan that he's not consistent. I see him, and I think he can at least become as good as DeMar Derozan if he puts it all together. Like I think he could be somewhere in between better than DeRozan but not as good as Dwyane in terms of athletic shooting guards who can't shoot but can score at the rim, get to the free throw line often, and also create for others. It's funny. Jalen at his current age just played his 197th career NBA game. Wade at the very same age barely played his 29th. He's still so young and malleable but like the thread title say "clock is ticking"

What is disappointing is that Jalen isn't a good shooter. Having two non-shooters as starters is detrimental to the team (Alperen Sengun) but having three is a recipe for disaster (Amen Thompson in the future.) You cannot start Amen, Jalen, and Sengun if that was ever the plan if Jalen doesn't become a shooter, which he likely won't be. It's the only reason why starting Cam Whitmore makes more sense since Cam has been surprisingly a great knockdown shooter. BimaThug said that Jalen's cap hold next off-season will be close to 40 million. I'm a believer in Jalen Green, but I don't think he has a place in the starting lineup long-term even if he does end up good with us. I think he can still finish this season, and possibly even next season if he isn't traded but after that I'm not sure where he fits on the team assuming Sengun and Amen become our undeniable cornerstones and/or better than Jalen.

Still, Ime Udoka and Rafael Stone rub me the wrong way if they try to use Jalen as a scapegoat. Firstly, Stone came into this season with 9 players as non-shooters (Jalen, Brooks, Smith, Sengun, Thompson, Tate, Boban, Uncle, Landale all shot below 34% last season.) Remember when Stone and Ime preached "shooting is a premium" ? Secondly, Stone decided to not make any roster moves for this season after seeing a clearly flawed team. If he's biding his time, fine, I will wait to see what he does in the summer. But he should be aware that the roster is flawed and realized he is the one who constructed the roster. If his plan is to trade Jalen for a star, go for it.

And Ime, while he has the Rockets as a respectable team again, the offense is in shambles. When Jalen said "I'm not being used right" I think what would have been a more accurate thing to say is "we're not being used right." The offense is bad. The vibes become bad. The effort goes away. You lose the locker room. You get fired and replaced. This is not new to the NBA. Removing Jalen for Cam Whitmore will not solve the problem. The leak is still there. Figure it out, Ime.

In the end of the day, I'm content with the direction of the Rockets. I expected the team to win 32 games and it looks like they'll reach that mark. There's a lot of good stuff to improve on. If Stone decides to trade Jalen, and he ends up being really good afterwards, I truly believe we can survive that since how good the rest of the roster looks like. I think both Stone and Ime can have something really good here. It's hard to really mess up.

Just leave the drama at the door.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Mileage is not that big of a positive when you really get older......quite the contrary.

Dwyane Wade really had bad injuries during his career, he had the luck to be friends with Lebron and when Shaq clashed with Kobe.

Wade played like 2 years at Marquette in College before entering.... he was All NBA 2nd team in his 3rd Year.

All NBA 2nd team in his 2nd Year already.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/dwyane-wade-1.html

#528 daywalker02, Feb 18, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2024
    REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  9. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

[​IMG]
    We still got to verify Jalen did any of this

10. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Harden Returns is your name

11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

An idiot defending another idiot. I don't believe anything coming from a guy named Roosh

12. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

This is all promotion for Roosh lol. Just keep in mind Roosh is 35 and Jalen is 22. They're picking on a kid literally

GOATuve likes this.
  13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Why bring up Jalen threatening him if you're not going to leak the DMs? If you're making a claim someone did something, the burden of proof is on you. Jalen's not obligated to respond to this degenerate

14. fattz

fattz Member

Not just his the whole TEAM

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Lol, ok….I am sure all those folks who have seen the DMs are not lying……but you do you.

Really like @oogie boogie ‘s message.

DD

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  16. plegus

plegus Member

Take it easy, you gonna develop narci-ulcer or clenched butt syndrome attacking everyone who don’t fit your imaginary self centered kingdom rofl.

OnNotice and cml750 like this.
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

I truly think he needs some help. I offered to help hook him up with a counselor in the greater Houston area earlier in the thread.

Crashlanded19, OnNotice and NewAge like this.
  18. cml750

cml750 Member

Parking Jalen on the bench except garbage time would be even better.

19. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

AHahahahahahaha

I get up earlier than everyone else on Saturday and Sunday because I'm oldand the house is actually quiet, and I can drink my damn coffee like an old man without kids screaming and dogs barking and quietly contemplate my day which is usually nothing of import due to the largely comfortable if anodyne existence imposed by the plutocracy on their knowledge worker lapdogs such as myself.

So I pull up the opiate of these times, my phone and check out GARM for the first time in a day figuring nothing of import happened because ASB and all that

I just read all this Roosh drama and spilled my coffee all over the damn place laughing so hard

I used to think I was a big Internet man with my clutch fans rep to protect, but oh boy this is a whole other level of narcissistic delusion of the extremely online person.

If clutch fans posting is SERIOUS BUSINESS - Rockets Twitter is like - security code magenta ultra level of import. I don't have a Twitter account but jesus christ in a chicken basket if I ever ascend to that level.

Excuse me now - I'm going to start DMing Alexei Navalny with anti-facism advice and then angrily denounce him on Twitter when he refuses to respond.

20. plegus

plegus Member

I don’t necessarily think people act the same here and IRL, I am pretty sure you would get along well if you meet in normal circumstances. What we all have here are just manufactured personas. I am not concerned about anyone’s persona’s well being in the slightest. What I care is meaninglessness flood polluting my beloved message board :D

NewAge likes this.