1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Roosh is a total goofball.

2. cml750

cml750 Member

A player who does not live up to anywhere close to their draft status.

3. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

never said any of that. I will continue to call you out on your hatred bias resentment and bitterness

4. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

well that’s your problem not his lol

5. cml750

cml750 Member

My problem? In a way as a fan, but unfortunately it is really the Houston Rockets' problem and it is turning into a rather big glaring problem.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Douches can still be right on occasion

a time to chill likes this.
  7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i have no idea who this guy is and i've been following this board 25+ yrs, but then again maybe i don't remember the last time i blew my nose either

if jalen was rude to rockets employees or reporters at the presser then that would be something worth raising an eyebrow over

RudyTBag likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The fact that he read a RANDOM tweet that didn't even TAG him and sent a private DM cursing him out, is not a good look.

DD

#469 DaDakota, Feb 17, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
    cml750 likes this.
  10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

That's not what I'm saying, I'm saying the discussion around the team right now and to whatever extent people with some sort of platform may direct it is poison. If you like the team and want to root for them there's not a place you can go that isn't crybaby complaining.
    ....ok? We're talking about Tilman now? Not a big fan here either, are you saying I'm whitewashing? Or Tilman is? Do you think I listen to whiny podcasters because I called it poison?

This is a confusing ass post.

11. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

In the Twitter age, every city has its own fan-turned-sports journalist of sorts. What they do has no bearing on how the players react to them.

Can you imagine Anthony Edwards or SGA cussing out their local Twitter fanatic due to coverage of their undeniably awful play on the court? Of course not. These guys don’t punch down. No matter what this is a bad look for Jalen Green, particularly when he’s gone on over a month now where he can’t hit a three to save his career.

I’ve been on the Start Jalen Green wagon all year, and honestly I’m still on it. I want him to pan out because that’s the best way these Rockets can actualize their potential. But I’m not delusional about it; he’s quickly on his way to busting out of the league, playing like this.

Piece this incident together with his off court stories in the offseason, his video with Jaygup who himself is out of the league now, his insistence on being twins with KPJ, his AAU background with numerous vets like John Wall and Austin Rivers holding podcasts about how that circuit has ruined players with good potential otherwise, and his overall bad interview which Mike Schmitz acknowledged was hurting his draft stock all the way back in spring of 2021–and we’re being left with the conclusion that Jalen Green is a low character player. I’m not saying he’s a bad guy. I’m just saying that in a zero sum, best of the best in the world Battle Royale, he’s clearly not the guy who is going to respond to adversity and carry a team to any degree of success.

Ime Udoka probably walked in the room and told the team that he wanted and demanded that they all become junkyard dogs for him. And to Jalen he said, “dawg recognize dawg, and right now you lookin’ unfamiliar.”

RudyTBag, slothy420, maypk and 3 others like this.
  12. theDude

theDude Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Maybe I should have just narrowed it down to the whiny podcaster comment.

Nope, but you cannot say like those podcasters are poison when they could be just fans with a voice and maybe just overly concerned about the state of the Rockets.......

Calling some guys poison because they want more trades, they want the Rockets do well, and recognize a lot of existing problems that those happy go lucky fans do not really care about.....is a tad rich.

This is just calling out a Glass empty guy poisonous but in reality the Glass Full guy just has a more positive take on things.......but basically both are just seeing the same object with water.

At the end of the day people go to a game, go home and sleep it off no matter what they think of the state of the Rockets.

(Go on and off the bball forum.)

#473 daywalker02, Feb 17, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2024
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Again it is within your rights to criticize them as well.....

But the word poison is not doing it for me just because they rep a percentage of fans that think critically and you do not belong to that group......

Yet you generalize them as poisonous because you cannot understand where they are coming from.

15. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Like I said your problem and all of these hateful lynch mob fans problem. Did your parents have unrealistic and high expectations for you then found no value in you when you did not meet those lofty ideals? Do you do this for your children? U wanna be judged harshly and criticized and pressured then thrown out when you don’t live up to someone else’s standards? If that’s your moral code then by all means. Still makes you a shitty person. Instead of support and acceptance you chose hatred, resentment, bitterness. Is it frustrating sure I get it as a fan but the thinking is wrong when it’s constant judgement, bias, hate then throwing these players out to the curb when they don’t meet the unrealistic and unfair ideals and pressures of fans and media. Hey if he never became what a$$hole writer said he will become then so what? He tried. He lived out his dreams. He was able to compete and be a serviceable player.

But hey your life. Your choice. Doesn’t mean shi+ to me. Just calling you and all these haters out.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

/thread on both points

p.s. I can’t help but imagine how fragile Jalen is to actual on-court trash-talking, if he can’t handle a fan’s. Hell, maybe word has been out for quite awhile that you can shake Jalen into misses and dumb decisions by taunting him.​

If I were an opponent, I’d be singing “Whit—more” whenever Jalen missed, got blocked or stripped.​

17. PatBev

PatBev Member

Trade his ass for Ausar

Y2JT likes this.
  18. OpportunityCost

Yeah I can't stand watching him waste those seconds off the clock stopping the ball.

cml750 likes this.
  19. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

24 pages of debating the obvious?? lol

cml750 likes this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member

15 pages of Jalen **allegedly** DMing and cursing out Roosh Williams after a bad game and Roosh Williams giving Jalen basketball tips. :D

RudyTBag, GOATuve and TimDuncanDonaut like this.