1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Grizzlies 2/14/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 13, 2024.

1. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Well, there is only one PLAYER with the basketball...no sharing... I got mine, you get yours.

2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I very much doubt they are being asked to stand around.
    Its called off-ball movement.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Memphis is somewhat 6-20 at home and 13-16 on the road ......

ramotadab likes this.
  4. Entropy

Entropy Member

Most of the time whenever someone passes the ball to him for an easy open shot, he'll side dribble closer to the defense and then attempt a more contested high degree of difficulty shot--which misses.

5. JW86

JW86 Member

I guess it's something that Ime is looking to shake things up in the starting line-up. Both Jabari and Green should be in serious jeopardy of losing them though for the former only if and when Tari has proven he can handle the job. For the latter only when FVV comes back. Though at this point does it really matter? Do we really want to mess with any confidence Jalen has left?

The reason we start out that way is because we've gone away from playing like a team, assists seem way down, and that is also due to teams figuring us out and I've yet to see a proper counter move to when Sengun as a hub is taken away. That is on Ime! Guys are not cutting enough and making sure they keep the defense on their toes to off-set double teams and our bad 3pt shooting. Spacing the court cannot work with Amen and 3 streaky shooters.

There's very few action involving Jabari in the post or Amen who's shown he can pass and has a height advantage for sure. The other issue is that our 3pt shooting has gone down and it wasn't much to begin with. We have little space to work with and while Amen can break down a defense, Jalen who can doesn't do it enough, both lose it too often. So there's just not a lot to work with.

That being said, that stretch in the 2nd or 3rd quarter where we kept going to Tate in the post and it resulted in nothing every single time was a great indication of us not playing to our strengths. I don't know what's instructed and part of our strategy or just free wheeling anymore. It just looks like without giving it to Sengun or a pick and roll action, we have no options but to do whatever.

My point is then changing the starting line-up might do very little to get results and we need to find a way to go through the right guys, them coming out with some fire after the ASB and some new wrinkles to our offense instead.

AuburnRocket and ramotadab like this.
  6. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

The draft position is irrelevant. Players don't choose what number they get picked. getting drafted is only stage 1. The player has 10-15 years of work to do

ramotadab likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A difficulty shot creator.

ramotadab likes this.
  8. cheke64

cheke64 Member

You know who else did this? KPJ. He's left handed and would switch to right hand layups where the defense was to finish. They both love the falling backwards jumpshots

HardenReturns, Entropy and ramotadab like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We will be there where we left off, nothing to play for.

10. csc177

csc177 Member

Imagine how different things would have been if we got Paolo vs this bum Jabari, the magic knew damn well they were never drafting this scrub #1 overall.

most fraudulent shooter I’ve seen in a while - his college tape is fools gold. So unfortunate

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Magic were not owing other teams anything, they can take whoever they want.

Jabari's little confidence is shot after his injury, you just could tell it, and his confidence was not even that high to begin with.

ramotadab and Rvo384 like this.
  12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

13. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know exactly what I meant - our offense has very little off the ball movement - specially when we are playing through Alpi

Amen will cut to dunker spot
    Bari will crash for offensive rebound
    Cam will cut to dunker spot
    Tate will run into lane and bring extra defender

majority of time folks are standing around the 3pt line unless they are one setting screen - we go way to many possessions where only 2 out of 5 players actually touch the ball (it’s why when we have someone hot they really don’t explode like other teams)

AuburnRocket and ramotadab like this.
  14. MystikArkitect

He looked good the first game without Fred but Jalen gonna Jalen. Always finds a way to make you think he's turned the corner only to subsequently make you feel like a fool.

Joe Rocket likes this.
  15. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Whats most interesting about this game

We had 102 field goal attempts to Memphis 79..

23 more attempts

16. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Actually, I didnt when you said
    They have to be the first option to succeed?
    Nearly all high draft picks were used to that. Most adapt.

Now this I agree with.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

of course the magic and okc got stars from that draft and we got a guy who sucks at 3 point shooting and is so inconsistent scoring wise

19. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

yeah but if Jabari made 2 more then he’d be shooting .33

which … isn’t great , but isn’t horrid

Dillon and Jabari both threw up multiple shots at the end of the game which lowered their percentage

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

And somehow the defensive wizardry of Udoka and Sengun gave a tanking team 121 points on all those fewer shots!

Dammit Jalen why cant you defend everyone!!! :D:D:D

AuburnRocket likes this.