1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Happened to Dillon Brooks Game?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Imanimal, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Not at all….I’ll be the happiest guy on this site if Dillon can get back to being the leader and great team player he was earlier in the season. He has not been that guy the last few weeks and has been a large contributor to the 5-13 record. My post wasn’t about him sucking as a player, it was openly asking for people’s thoughts on what has recently happened to his game and many people have given GREAT explanations of him trying to do too much with injuries, etc. Like I said in an earlier post, I was thinking he was a steal for 80 million the way he started out with us. Just want to see that Brooks show up consistently again.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You'll get your answer after Year 3.....to have a larger sample size of things.

3. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

EFG on shots with 0 dribbles : 60.9%
    EFG on shots with 1 dribble : 55.6%
    EFG on shots with 2 dribbles : 50.6%
    EFG on shots with 3-6 dribbles : 41.4%

Just catch and shoot and all will be fine with Brooks.

4. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

No. You and your ilk are just being over-reactionary prima donnas. Brooks has had plenty of good games over the last several weeks, and the primary reason for our recent record is injuries.

5. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Now Brooks got his first ever double digit rebound game. Literally his FIRST CAREER double double

Lets keep crapping on this game then lol

6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Tries to do too much. Isn’t great dribble drive guy but he forces it especially into paint traffic. Likely he is just trying to be agressive since the offense is so anemic

Der Rabbi likes this.
  7. Der Rabbi

Der Rabbi Member

That Mem Grizz shot selection is back. Something he had been avoiding for the most part this season. Prob b/c Van Vleet isn't there & he thinks he needs to "lead"

8. MystikArkitect

No issues with Dillon outside of his short circuiting on defense at times. He's been going hero mode lately because he has to. Sengun and him are the only NBA starting caliber players on the roster followed by Amen Thompson. Sengun has been in his feels lately and Jabari needs 3 more offseasons to grow into an NBA body so Dillon has no choice until dad gets back from buying milk and cigarettes.

roslolian and snowconeman22 like this.
  9. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

After a hot start at the beginning of the season this guy has just been bad for us for a while now. And tonight he finally got benched. I’d be happy if I never saw another Dillon brooks post up for the rest of my life.

10. raining threes

He's a very good defender, who's a spot shooter and can finish at the rim. Expecting more than that out of him is fools gold. He's a solid player who fouls too much.

cbass, roslolian and Strawberry Gum like this.
  11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I think he's still playing well and within his role. He did look physically not as good after his abdominal injury

roslolian likes this.
  12. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Except I don't think he's been a very good defender for a while now unfortunately.

It is night and day seeing him defend vs seeing Amen defend. I'm not referring to the steals/blocks numbers either.

Just putting up a wall and staying in front of their man. Brooks has looked more Jalen than Amen recently, letting every man and his dog go right by him.

I was a big proponent of Brooks going to make a lot of fans here due to his tenacity and defense. Early in the season I reiterated that because he was great. He hasn't been good - let alone great - for a long time now regrettably.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Dillon Brooks has been either very good or a complete dog. You never know which guy is going to show up.

However, since the ASB, it's been more predictable: He's a complete dog most of the time. I don't understand why he would come off an 8-day break playing so badly.

He's a much better candidate to shut down for the season than Sengun, that's for sure. Perhaps he has a painful, nagging injury. If that's the case, just give his minutes to Amen.

14. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I’m not expecting more, I’m expecting less. All I want is for him to be a spot shooter. No iso fadeaway 2s, no post ups, I don’t even want him to dribble.

15. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Dillion is fake

16. T for 3

T for 3 Member

He’s not forcing shots which, if you remember, is what everyone was afraid of. I agree it has fallen off some, but I think he is clearly letting the young guys cook. Exactly what we need right now. Can you imagine how awful it would be if he was hunting for 30 every night?

17. roslolian

roslolian Member

Dilon is ok. May be dealing with an injury but toughing it out. Either way he is still good for mins because we are missing Tari and now Unc Green.

CF is really toxic instead of being happy Amen is exploding it's now time to dunk on Dilon Brooks lol wtf.

For the record Dilon is still logging 56% TS which while not amazing is still a lot better than his Grizzly days. His defense has been less good but still solid just not as good as Amen.

Williamson and 13 in 33 like this.
  18. OremLK

OremLK Member

I am totally fine with Dillon continuing to start until the end of the season, but I do hope his minutes come down like they did tonight. His defense has dropped off for certain. In the off-season, I maintain that the front office should explore trading him if a good deal can be found.

pmac and JW86 like this.
  19. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Fr finally getting benched, I said it in this thread that he never sees the bench when playing like total ass but finally Udoka gave him the treatment our youngins get

20. plegus

plegus Member

Last games were good demonstrations of Ime’s somewhat consistent idea of accountability. I wish Dillon was closer to his early season form but it is at least assuring that only Fred is untouchable for closing at this moment.