1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Referee Ed Malloy says last minute call against Brunson was a mistake

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, Feb 13, 2024.

?

Was it a foul?

1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    58.9%
  2. No

39 vote(s)
    41.1%
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

2. WestendMassive

The contact on the Holiday shot was not a foul but this contact by Eric Gordon on Deaaron Fox definitely was a foul. What's the difference?

This play is so similar but because Fox flailed and flopped the refs backed their call.

Can't wait to have to play overtime against these whiny Knick ****wits, it's going to be great

everyday eddie and heypartner like this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

I'm saying it's a foul, with a side note of screw unwritten rules. Write them down. Not calling a foul in the last 3 seconds is not a rule, why is it a practice?

Brunson hit the pogo stick and bumped into Holiday mid-air. Not only is it an obvious foul, it's a dumb one. It's not "technically" a foul, it's a foul all day long. My thing too, it affected the shot attempt it wasn't incidental. If Brunson chooses to stay put and let Holiday take his shot at a 30' quickfire, Holiday can hit that shot. He's a good shooter. What Brunson did obviously made Holiday go for a wilder one armed fadeaway attempt that still caught rim because he's a good shooter.

Now...speaking of unwritten rules... if it were rookie Amen? Probably not getting that call. But Amen is also not a shooter, so the chances he hits that without the contact are lower.

I thought they were also letting Hart go ham on everyone. Pretty favorable whistle on the road. So I guess this is karma. Geez Louise, we've been on the other side of the coin plenty enough too.

Let us have one thanks.

duluth111222 and gfab-babyboi like this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

:D
    Yes, fake, I know

5. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I am mentally ready for a replay

6. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

Lol hope they lose the overtime period too if it's played....

7. StroudAndYorDaddy

Oh the great Ed Malloy that was a part of this legendary reffing crew.. could care less what that clown thinks

8. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

So, here's the thing. Strategy changed because of that call. Holiday missed that last FT on purpose because of it. Replaying anything only screws Houston, so you can pretty much count on that.

Don't you just LOVE NBA officiating?!

WestendMassive likes this.
  9. rhino17

rhino17 Member

It was an INCREDIBLY stupid play by Brunson, closing out like that on a Hail Mary shot. He has no one to blame but himself on this one. Clearly a foul as a result of a terrible defensive decision

clos4life likes this.
  10. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

But the L2M report says it’s not a foul. Good chance it will be replayed.

11. invocux

invocux Member

How is it not a foul? Jumped into him mid air and it is a landing space foul.

12. AXG

AXG Member

I think it sets a bad precedent. If the NBA is going to overturn and make them replay for this one "bad call," then it will have to do it for every last second "bad call."

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Now that's what I call homecourt advantage!

REEKO_HTOWN likes this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

If the teams were reversed, this play would not have recieved a second thought. Clear foul.

charlieaustin and Hank McDowell like this.
  15. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I like that the Knicks protested, just like I wish we had the guts to protest the GSW Playoff loss, or that Kings loss from last year. Who gives a **** about being a good sport.

16. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

The Rockets are terrible in overtime.

17. WestendMassive

We went the other way and privately sent the league evidence of GSW getting an armchair ride from the refs.

But their response was to leak our estimates of how many points were taken away to reporters that were already hostile towards Houston and James Harden and we got absolutely cooked for being sore losers.

Only thing we can hope for is California and New York to fall off North America into the ocean and then we'll become a big market darling and get the ref's assistance. Crossing fingers it happens soon.

darksoul35, REEKO_HTOWN and J.R. like this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We fans at our TVs, at our screens, do not get that there is all kinds of adrenaline flowing in their systems.

It is convenient for the calm ones to say.

19. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you new to the l2m report? :D

20. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

If anyone wants to bet on this, I’ve got $100 saying the Knicks protest is denied,

and I’ll give you 10x1 odds.