1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka on Jalen Green's first career triple-double in loss in Atlanta

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 10, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think only a handful posters ever doubted him that he is not a good NBA player.....most of us questioned the IQ or the instinct to be great.

There is a lot more money tied in with that.

#61 daywalker02, Feb 12, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2024
    Nook likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lmao he is not, he has some insider info arounding executives....

He is high on Amen, and not everyone is high on Amen.

Scouting
    is not his department to be fair.

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Factually he is not and has not ever been a good NBA player. The questions have always been if he could become one eventuality.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We could go on and talk about what is good but he is probably good on a bad or mediocre team......that type of 'good'.

Not all teams have high expectations no matter what they say to the media.

200 out of 400 NBA players are actually dross .....in NBA terms. Could call them fringe scrubs or whatever but it is not like they are good competition.

A lot of them either cannot play good Defense or cannot play Offense....either way.

70-75 is where I would say the good enough players come in.....

and the superstars and stars reside on top....probably beginning with 30 ish.

I give him credit because I do not think any mediocre player can achieve a triple double in somewhat fair minutes. Even if they forced it.

#64 daywalker02, Feb 12, 2024
    topfive likes this.
  5. Entropy

Entropy Member

All this JG showcasing in return for no trade and all these losses. The way it's looking Stone is going to run this experiment into the ground for another 2 years before he calls it quits. Hopefully we get 2 more high draft picks because of it.

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Sounds like you made it up in your head that they're showcasing him and when there was no trade you decided to call them incompetent for it. You don't have to showcase a guy playing 30+ minutes per game for 3 years. Showcasing a player is when you dramatically increase their minutes.

What we know is he might have been offered - along with multiple picks - for Mikal Bridges and they turned it down. I think you're confusing your desire for a trade with what the organization is actually doing IRL.

In real life, our GM refused to join the coach's random impatience with the team. This was a great idea because a lot more options will be available in the summer, and I'll bet you anything Green's value will be higher after the second half of the season.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay... well he's ranked 175th in TS% among qualified players.... so that puts him right at "fringe scrub" quality.

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You made specific. Claims that it's worrying Green isn't worried about his stetting job. Is this insight or speculation? Are you an insider or speculating?

Sorry if I sound like I'm pressing or being confrontational but notice the comments after your post about Green's mind state and the many posters who treated it as gospel and shat on him based on your word. So understand you hold some reverence here

#68 fchowd0311, Feb 12, 2024
  9. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

He averages more points in wins than losses so I think it's just you.

10. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I always laugh when people say they watch the game -then come on here and be like well he didn’t shoot well …

did he shoot well from 3 - no … did he have to force up 2-3 shots with clock going down .. yes

If you guys watch Durant and Kawhi even Booker… they will either take the turnover or force a teammate to take a turnover vs shooting late in shot clock … or not shoot at all end of qtrs

10/22 remove the heaves means he shot over 50% from floor

I’ll be okay with telling him to play like we had WB playing .. and limit his 3pt attempts

topfive likes this.
  11. Nook

Nook Member

I don’t work for the Houston Rockets nor am I at their practices.

I do know a number of people in the NBA and the Houston Rockets organization and other teams like Sacramento and Chicago.

If I have an opinion and have people around the league or organization tell me in conversation my opinion is wrong - I will either say it’s just my opinion or state what I have heard but say I don’t agree.

I have heard repeatedly from multiple people in the organization and around the NBA that Green is not a problem, but he is impressionable and also doesn’t realize the level of dedication and consistent effort it will take to be a true star.

There are plenty of valid excuses for why Green doesn’t realize the commitment it takes - but at some point it won’t matter.

Now - from what I have been told, Green has been open to make some of the changes needed, but the focus is inconsistent.

I have never taken what I have been told to mean he is just flat out lazy, more that he lacks the urgency or consistency so far.

I expected Green to average 24-25 points a game this year, I love his offensive upside. I have even excused his slow start - but it’s factual that he will have to show a decent amount of growth and improvement in the next 100 games or less.

12. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

If JG didnt take that half court heave and have to shoot a forced one when the shot clock was running out he would have much better efficiency

13. topfive

topfive CF OG

So if he eventually turns out not to be an elite scorer, but more of an all-round player and triple-double threat who's also a decent defender, that's a BAD thing for you? If he's less Anthony Edwards and more Cade Cunningham, we should unload him?

I know he's not there yet, but it's starting to look like Ime might have uncovered parts of Jalen's game we weren't ever expecting to see. Now we just need more consistency, and a roster that doesn't require him to be the main scorer.

14. palmsnbananas

palmsnbananas Member

We won a close game that I didn't watch so first thing I do is check JG stats
    As expected 4-15

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

That's a lot of shots, too bad he didn't make more!