1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Probably has a bounce back game tomorrow but Hawks outscore him.

2. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Said it before, Ime is gradually losing his mojo.......him talking players up is not having the same effect.

4. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Honestly, you have guys who do not care, thie Rocket’s brass should have grew a BACKBONE and traded him yesterday….Jalen does not care

5. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Yeah culture-wise he is great.

But he is continually making the same kind of mistakes on that bench which is causing concern for me.

I'll be keen to see him operate once Green is traded.

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would be less concerned about overall wins and just play Amen and Cam......let the chips fall where they may.

I could not care a bit about Jalen Green and his stat stuffing at this point.

Rest Alpe too if they have to.

jcmoon and Downtown Sniper like this.
  7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

I will repeat this again: if Jalen didn’t have that hot stretch of games, he might be gone already

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Count the 2nd rounders they get for him.......

9. Downtown Sniper

Which if true (and let's be honest, there's a good chance it is) speaks volumes to how pathetic this front office is.

Explains exactly why they were duped by a highlight video on youtube into drafting Jalen with the #2 pick.

Rockets fans and no doubt head office at this juncture are lamenting the fact the Thunder picked Chet instead of Jabari at #2.

There is not a single fanbase or organisation in the league lamenting the fact the Rockets picked Jalen before they had a chance to.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It’s such hindsight and I know they tried to trade up for cade a couple of years ago but I wish they tried harder to get paolo or chet or did some better scouting on Barnes and Mobley

11. Downtown Sniper

Mobley unfortunately was never an option thanks to KPJ..... which again leads us back to how pathetic this front office is, for a whole other reason.

utgrad97 and Little Bit like this.
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This might have been Jalen's worse game as a Rocket. It was brutal to watch him on both sides of the ball. Imagine if we had drafted Scottie Barnes.

clos4life likes this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It was between Jalen and Mobley, Barnes was never in the equation.

14. a time to chill

Time to get some new players. If only Stone had done that before the deadline.

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  15. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Consistently inconsistent

Hank McDowell and MadMax like this.
  16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen ain’t it and will never be it. Don’t understand how anyone could have ever thought different.

17. Downtown Sniper

It's honestly a pretty efficient way to weed out moronic posts from your feed.

If anyone says Jalen is a good defender / a positive player out there on the court - you know they don't understand what they're watching and no need to consider anything they post about basketball.

It'd be funny if it wasn't so sad and pathetic how their own Kobe-like god embarrasses them time and time again.

18. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I know he wasn't a realistic option. I was just saying imagine if we had drafted him, hindsight always 20/20.

daywalker02 likes this.
  19. Rokman

Rokman Member

Rockets should have the following team:

PG - Amen Thompson
    SG - Cam Whitmore
    SF - Scottie Barnes / Tari Eason
    PF - Alperen Sengun
    ..C - Jalen Duren

Now that's a team I can cheer for. That's a big Mu'Fukin team!

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

People forget about how little experience he actually has with all the "ime we trust " stuff

He took over an elite team that had a slightly down season the year before - made 1 key adjustment in mid season in Robert Williams - then he got hurt and it was grind it out with superior talent till he was suspended/fired.

He never had to deal with a losing team or tank heavy youngsters and now he does and the whole quiet angry storm thing that the ladies like doesn't really work with these guys . Maybe he'll come up with a new routine, he's still pretty early in his HC career

Or maybe coaching doesn't matter that much it's just "get better guys and you can win double digit road games"