1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ official ] Trump for president 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Salvy

Salvy Member

Immigration was already too high by 2016, what was Trump's main and most controversial policy in 2016? Build the wall!! Being tough on immigration..... I seriously cannot believe that you and many other's randomly and conveniently chose to ignore this. Was Trump successful in lowering immigration the way he intended or promised? Not exactly, if at all. What is undeniable thou is that the border did not crumble under Trump. The numbers aren't even close, this isn't a debate. Border encounters were already too high but it had been the same for years even under Obama. While Trump won on The American people wanting a stronger border Trump did try to lower the number of crossings. He did something! With more support and mainstream media not shouting racism at the top of their lungs Trump may have been able to do more.

But back on topic, no..... There was NOT a border crisis under Trump, he had a great 2017 and an average 2016 and 2018 following a miserable 2019 when the pandemic hit. If ya'll want to say Trump was average on immigration control then that's fair, but to try and spin it like this was happening all the way back under Trump is BS..... Under Biden million upon millions have entered this country, in the past 3 years and counting The U.S has taken in the same amount of immigrants if not more than the past decade all together. I don't get the stupid love for Biden's incompetency. Ya'll would be grilling Trump over these number's but Biden for some reason gets a pass from all of you. Just admit Biden has been a disaster. Its not made up, its not a conspiracy. Its the truth....

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/nationwide-encounters

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul and AXG like this.
  2. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

deb4rockets likes this.
  3. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

4. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Fat Elvis was so sad

5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Still a mother****in G

ROCKSS likes this.
  6. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I am shocked he didn't say he looks like Jesus..............."I have people come up to me all the time with a tear in their eye and say, Sir, has anyone told you that you look just like Jesus...........not the 5 lb 4 ounce baby Jesus, but the full-grown man Jesus? Can I please give you some money, and then they give me money and walk away, its incredible"

deb4rockets likes this.
  7. edwardc

edwardc Member

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Your own stats show that there was more
    Illegal immigration under Trump than Obama so therefore none of what Trump did made a difference.

So unless you want to state that Obama was better at controlling the border than Trump
    Or Biden what this really shows is that Presidents cannot do that much and that illegal immigraiton is likely driven by factors beyond their control.

9. Salvy

Salvy Member

Trump was on par with Obama despite getting the absolute worst treatment from the media and democrats. There was pushback on absolutely everything.... Despite that Trump still had the lowest number in 2017, like I said... If you want to argue Trump was unsuccessful in his pursuit for a stronger border then that's fair but once again you do the same. You brush off Biden's incompetency as if the numbers indicate nothing is out of order. If Obama and Trump can hold similar numbers for 12 years then all of a sudden the numbers spike up 4x the usual that's not an indication of something? What changed? Nothing I guess, it just be like that..... Can't take you serious if you can't be serious about what's happening.

10. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I’ve not said that Biden is doing a good job on the border. Obviously things are worse. My whole point is, which your own material and statements would seem to agree with is that a President cannot close the border by themselves and without Congressional help.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Can't close the border without congressional help but they can open it correct?

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nobody has opened it or is trying to open it.

ROCKSS, rocketsjudoka and Andre0087 like this.
  13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

It's amazing what dumbasses will believe if you tell them something is true often enough.

ROCKSS, FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  14. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Trump/Swift '24

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

If people are being taken into custody at the border by definition that would not be an open border.

FranchiseBlade and ROCKSS like this.
  16. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

The point again is no president can close the border without congressional help. There was a bill that brings that help in addition to providing aid to Ukraine, Israel and Taiwan. All issues that many Republicans say they support.

Apparently at the behest of Trump the Congressional Republicans refused to pass it.

ROCKSS likes this.
  17. CCorn

CCorn Member

18. CCorn

CCorn Member

19. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

The deal codified Biden’s horrible policies including catch and release. Whether it was at Trump’s behest or not it was the right thing to do.

20. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Biden is old, Trump is a sexual devient.

I am voting for the man who puts a mature team in place over the one that has several of his staff still in prison.

TEAM BIDEN 2024.

DD

VooDooPope likes this.