1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 23-24 Trade Deadline Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 8, 2024.

1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

How is that obvious at 10:30 am? Quit whining, bro.

2. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

It would be fun to watch the Rockets in a play in game. It could just be one game though if they lost. It’s not that big of deal as long as they keep improving. Next year should be improved as well with a minimum of about a 7-8th seed.

calm down folks

IvanLCPM, anthony59237 and rusHour like this.
  3. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

That frp belongs to the Clippers, so a super late 1st. So yes, I think it's cheap.

4. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol exactly.

People want Hield and all these players not realizing they are going to take the minutes of the young players they all love.

Yall want these dudes then will later whine about why Cam or Amen not playing...it'll because Ime is going with the reliable vet.

Rockets should be trying to offload vets like Tate, not acquire more vets. Although yes, a backup center for the rest of the season would be nice...

6. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Holmes + compensation > Landale, tate, 2nd round picks. Stone can't help it if he reasonably gets outbid.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Thunder were quietly after Olynyk, Finney Smith and guys like Drummond and new man Hayward.

8. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m starting to think u are correct. Savvy deal-making is not a phrase I associate with this front office.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. clos4life

clos4life Member

I honestly don't expect much to happen this trade deadline. I'm fine with it too.

rusHour likes this.
  10. conquistador#11

Didn't they just said Dallas made an offer for Tate. That would get Dallas out of the picture. And of course you're going to get outbid for trying to sick Landale on someone. They knew one of our more important players was going to miss a month. F.O. also knew coach wasn't going to trust the rookies right away but they made no effort to replenish bench production.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

And will be 39 next season. I’m not so sure opting out of his player option is a great idea.

12. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Ime does not care about the Rockets Future he only cares about his own track record and coaching value. He wants this “I’m always in the playoffs” mentality.

anthony59237 and daywalker02 like this.
  13. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Why would it get Dallas out of the picture? Unless the offer for Tate was the same as for Gafford which is highly unlikely.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This French English pure comedy.

RocketsFido likes this.
  15. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

This.

And you didn't even mention Tari coming back from injury. If we're going to play our young guys, we're really only talking about a backup 5. Even then, he shouldn't be playing much if Sengun, Jabari, and Tari are playing as much as they should. They would cover 100% of PF minutes and like 75% of C minutes.

Mathloom and JayGoogle like this.
  16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I would be straight up mad if we gave up a late first round pick for a back up center, especially when we already have Adams lined up for next season.

BigMaloe, Plowman, IvanLCPM and 4 others like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think he quietly cares about how many Borderline All Stars develop under him as well....just not as important as Wins...

18. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

Every package I've seen for any of these signings is more than what we should offer. Fans are terrible GMs.

19. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Lot of people gonna be unhappy come 2PM....

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. SamsonCorletwo

I see some Lakers fans is crying lol