1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Porter Jr. arrested for domestic violence

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Sep 11, 2023.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

It was a crazy and chaotic last year, we have more talent, experience and professionalism…..

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

This was a pretty good laugh this morning

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

And that is a man who claims there are no **** takes.

HardenReturns and kubli9 like this.
  4. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So sad to see the way DD brushes off the court ordered program as having to "see a private counselor for a bit," but this likely represents KPJ's attitude as well and that's what the problem has always been with him. I hope he takes it very seriously for his own sake, you'd think his supporters would want the same.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Thanks for posting that @YOLO !!
    It did give me the giggles when I read it....:D

AroundTheWorld and Pistol Pete like this.
  6. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Yeah it's terrible to brush off domestic violence because you're a fan

kubli9 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To answer his question, yes DD is that dense.

8. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

KPJ and Draymond can share the same counselor. :D

AroundTheWorld and daywalker02 like this.
  9. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It certainly is. It's also completely stupid of DD to think KPJ would have adjusted to no longer being "Head Honcho". KPJ would have pitched a b**** several times over by now.

GOATuve and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

LOL

AroundTheWorld and Believe It! like this.
  11. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Dumb Dumb making news!

Hilarious.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I know some of you guys are so desperate to have him be the villain or to get at me, but the facts don't bare that out.

He pled guilty to reckless endangerment - not hitting, slapping, pushing, all would be a felony - this is basically he endangered Kyrse on accident - etc.

His lawyers say: “The resolution will allow Mr. Porter to put this incident, which involved false felony allegations and false facts, behind him with no criminal record and move forward,” Porter’s lawyers, Phillip Jobe and Stephanie Kelemen, said in a statement.

When you take a plea deal like this, it is simply to move forward with the quickest resolution possible - he has to see a counselor once a week for 26 weeks - that actually is good for him on several levels, probably needed one already - but it is not DA.

I know some of you just want to paint him as a terrible human - and that is fine, it is your opinion, it is the popular opinion - easy to just go along with the crowd, I get it.

I am looking at the facts, what she said and what the plea deal means - and it means that the DA couldn't get a conviction - that this was the quickest way for both parties to get it off the docket - and that what was reported, by the police was bullshit......and not from the alleged victim.

So - yep, you can call it a **** take - fine @Francis3422 if you want - I call it a more informed and impartial take.

Nuance is not for everyone - but verifiable facts matter to me.

DD

#4492 DaDakota, Feb 7, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  13. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I’ll begin scoring them…..

1st on Cam bus…. **** take score is 6.4.

KPJ is innocent….. **** take score is 9.9. Maybe your worst one ever.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. DaDakota

I didn't say he was innocent - I said that what happened was not what was reported, and that he would ultimately walk with the charges dropped, and it is clear by what she said, and what the plea deal was - turns out to be right, that they argued, and something happened to cause her to hit her head on the wall - causing a cut, she is saying she fell off the bed, she clearly COULD BE LYING - or she COULD BE TELLLING THE TRUTH - I am not nor would I ever convict someone without evidence....which is what all of you are doing here.

So, the only 2 people in the room say it didn't happen the way the police reported it, the police didn't take her statement that night, made up the charges, and now all of them are dropped - yet people don't do their research anymore they read the first thing and go...YEP, GUILTY.......and move on....that is why we have so many MAGAts in this country who don't know their assholes from their elbows....

Provable FACTS have to matter, ask the Duke LaCrosse team - and while KPJ has anger issues, will not debate that, I would have liked to see him under IME...he would either mature, or be run off the team - no one knows.......and we certainly miss his skillset.

Anyway - he is off the team, we aren't going to agree - the DDingleberry brigade will keep bringing it up, with false accusations - and round and round we will go.

The facts are - plea deal to misdemeanor - will be wiped off the record after he does 26 counselling sessions. That is not a big deal - everyone could use some counseling - many in this thread.

:)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2024/01/23/kevin-porter-jr-plea-agreement/

Porter will plead guilty to misdemeanor reckless assault and harassment (which is considered a violation, a level of offense below a misdemeanor in New York)

DD

PS. What is a **** Take though @Francis3422 is being here for 25 years and not contributing....maybe time to move your freeloading self to the other **** talkers....that follow me around desperately seeking my attention. I fully expect you to reply, you can't help yourself....DANCE MONKEY !

#4494 DaDakota, Feb 7, 2024
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We shall make the Trade deadline more interesting than this KPJ talk.:D

DaDakota likes this.
  16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no, once again, he pled guilty to RECKLESS ASSAULT. That is the actual crime he pled guilty to. And reckless assault involves PHYSICAL INJURY, which has been pointed out in this thread time and time and time again.

You cannot simply redefine or rename the crime to suit your purposes. The crime is RECKLESS ASSAULT, not reckless "endangerment."

no nuance necessary. Just verifiable fact.

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

As usual you're wrong on this DD and are willfully misrepresenting what happened.

The quickest way for "both parties to get it off the docket" would be to dismiss the charges. That literally is the quickest way to get thigns off dockets., Happens all the time.

Instead KPJ pleaded guilty to third degree assault and second degree harassment - not, as you have misrepresented many times "arguing in public" or in htis case as you once again misrepresent "reckless endangerment" (which is not a thing he was charged with, you seem to be thinking of reckless endangerment of a minor, not at issue here)

If they had no case, he could have moved to have it dismissed. Different people can infer different things from him pleading guilty to assault. Sicne you're an unrepentant and insane KPJ stan, you infer he didn't do anythign wrong and is moving forward. Since I'm not one, I infer, along with the other evidence, that the assault did indeed occur.

Either way, I don't really give a **** as a Rockets fan anymore because KPJ, who sucked as a Rocket on the court, and sucked even more off the court, is now gone despite the idiocy of the current front office. That's a win for the rest of us, if a loss for him.

18. DaDakota

Considered "Lower than a misdemeanor" in NY......

But you are right, they didn't want to DROP the charges TODAY, they might have eventually,, being that their only witness said they were lying about what happened, but that could take more than a year and this is the quickest way for him and her to move on....

Either way, he isn't a Rocket, anymore - we should all move on. Just pointing out I didn't bump this thread.....

DD

19. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

no, not "lower than a misdemeanor." It is a misdemeanor:

https://www.nydeskappearanceticket....w-120-00-2-reckless-third-degree-assault.html

excerpt:

WHAT IS RECKLESS ASSAULT: UNDERSTANDING NEW YORK PENAL LAW 120.00(2)

No matter the Assault allegation, for a misdemeanor complaint to proceed there must be some form of physical injury. This injury must constitute substantial pain. Not scientific, courts routinely examine if there is a visible wound (it could be fairly small), whether the complainant was treated at the scene or received medical attention and if the accuser suffered substantial pain.
    more at the link

AroundTheWorld and HardenReturns like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sadly it is not that much of a win given the time wasted for other young players......the type of useless tanking Offense they were running with him.....and for him.

You want him traded because he did not come to practice or he left the arena but not for attacking yet another human being......

That in itself is a tragedy......and that human being is still covering for him..... obvious reasons.

#4500 daywalker02, Feb 7, 2024
    HardenReturns likes this.