1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 2/4/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Feb 3, 2024.

1. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

My first objective is for the Rockets to be a championship team, not how players are perceived. You can’t win unless you win in the paint

ramotadab likes this.
  2. Antares

Antares Member

THIS!

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I don't even think Jalen is doomed to be a bad player forever. Some guys just take a little longer, and he does show flashes of greatness. Maybe he can even be an all-star at some point. I mean, Zach Lavine managed it.

I'm just getting more and more dubious on both his fit in a Sengun-centered offense and on waiting for what is looking to be a really long process of him figuring things out and getting better. Sengun will be ready to be the best player on a playoff team next season (not a championship contender) if he's not already.

I'm pretty convinced Jalen will not be ready to be the go-to perimeter scorer on a playoff team next season, and I'm not convinced he will ever fit super well into anything but a high-paced run-and-gun transition-heavy offense.

HP3, RudyTBag, bcast89 and 3 others like this.
  4. Antares

Antares Member

also THIS!

5. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Yep...we gave up 56 points in the paint tonight. Jabari [played 19 mins....so, can't lay all the blame with him). Sengun played 30, Dillon played 28, Jeff 16, Landale 7.

Outscored us 33 to 30 from 3..that's a 3 pt. difference.Outscored us by 2 at the FT line. (Outrebounded us by 16 on defensive rebounds). Made 8 more 2 pt. shots than us. Gave up -21 in these 3 categories ...18 in the paint alone though. DEFENSE,DEFENSE.

#965 AuburnRocket, Feb 4, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
    Carpe82 likes this.
  6. Antares

Antares Member

Sure thing...

Not sure, tho..

7. Strawberry Gum

35% field goal percentage...

[​IMG]

Tfor3 likes this.
  8. cumutk

cumutk Member

You can not win if your shooting guard bricks and play lazy basketball.
    3/15, 0/3... these are the statistics of SG of Rockets...
    Rockets can not win consistently with low baskeball iq, lazy and tunnelvision players bro..
    It is not only about paint... This teams guards can not shoot... if your best 3pt shooting guard is Aaron Holiday, then there is a problem...

albuster and Antares like this.
  9. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Damn Ant vs Jalen matchup didnt go as I wished.

Its ok tho Jalen got 1 year left to catch him up.

Yall keep complaining about our young players, just relax shooting slumps happens road losses is a issue cause we still young. Our vets arent the type to take over and win games for us vs the best teams in the league thats for our youngins and that will happen when they mature

RudyTBag likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, Jalen looked happy towards Ant all night.

HardenReturns likes this.
  11. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

8 points on 15 shots is no excuse, but like I said shooting slumps happens he needs to get into some type of rhythm I see his shot aint falling when that isnt happening

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not into heavy rhythm players mainly because there are teams like the Wolves that destroy any rhythm.

You just have to get going by yourself on the fly.

13. JW86

JW86 Member

Sorry but this is not true, Sengun definitely struggles with length. Our whole team does. We get blocked and denied opportunities against guys that much bigger than us and it showed. Not that Sengun cannot overcome that or beat that, but it's obviously an issue.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

As many said Sengün is in reality a PF/Center hybrid and not even built like a true Center.......

So hard to argue there, but he is one of best hybrids ever to play those positions.

albuster and ramotadab like this.
  15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Sengun played against Wolves bigs:
    Gobert
    KAT
    Reid
    Anderson

And Sengun's teammate produced :
    Jabari:19 minutes 2 rebs, 5 fouls
    Jeff: 16 minutes 2 rebs
    Jock: 7 minutes, zero rebs

Here we discuss Alp's defence. Bizarre.

The subjects we should discuss:
    1.How come FVV+Alp had a total of 2 assists in 60+ combined minutes.
    2.Is it so difficult to understand that Jabari should be moved to SF position?
    3.What was the point to employ poor shooters (FVV, Brooks,..) when this team needed a good one?
    4.How come to pay $20M+ (Jeff, Jock, Boban) and not having a real backup big?
    5. Who is the backup PF in this team, Tate?
    6.How come Amen learned how to cut in a very short time but not Jalen, Bari, Dillon,.. in a much longer career?
    7.How NCAA system can't teach how/when to pass? Cam becomes the biggest liability if he doesn't score. What he needs to understand that he has to pass when he is not hot?
    8.When the score was 44-44 tie, Jalen TOd/missed in two consecutive position at the end of the first half. Is it difficult to see that he is not suitable to play at the end of the quarters? There was a a chance to go to half-time as Rockets-lead, opportunity missed, momentum shifted, the rest is history.
    9.When our sophomore HC will learn how to challenge.

I watch the games, generally through Opp stream and after that read the posts here and mumble the English football chant:
    "We are watching the same game referee".

16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh, brother. You guys jump off the deep end whenever our 22 and under-squad loses a game or two. A road game against one of the best teams in basketball.

Do you remember what HOF Yao Ming looked like at 22 years old?

Relax...

[​IMG]

ramotadab, sinan28, HP3 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Tankeio

Tankeio Member

Who's the 2nd best player?

18. eman

eman Contributing Member

Does anyone know the actual diagnosis (I have no idea what "stress reaction" means) for Tari's injury?

ramotadab likes this.
  19. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Tate and Fred were largely unplayable tonight

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Basically bone crack of some sorts......painful....all you need to know.

It can easily get worse, that is why they rushed him back and he worsened it.

He probably had that thing since training camp and early season.

#980 daywalker02, Feb 5, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2024
    ramotadab likes this.