1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Now that we have our future All Star back court...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

You need to watch the full action and come back and talk to me. What’s sad is you chastising and criticizing him even when he’s shown growth. Are you against player growth? Cam is a poor passer and not great on ball defender consistently missing assignments. But he could work on these things. Are you against his growth as well? Sengun was awful against guards coming into the paint and fouling late but he has also seen growth. If you are against Jalen’s growth or chastise him then why not the other players. Which again proves my point that there are a lot of haters on this site.

#61 Stephen_A, Feb 4, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
    fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol here’s the thing. People watch edited clips and judge. The full action which this clip was taken from showed Brooks ball watching. His man up top cut hard. There was no time. Jalen covered the wing but had to come off his man to cover the cutter. Instead of guarding the wing Brooks ran after the same guy. Jalen had to scramble back and run off the wing shooter. Then the wing player drove. That’s exactly what happened. But the uninformed and biased fan would say this is on Jalen. Or watch an edited clip that doesn’t show the full action. This is how narratives are controlled.

#62 Stephen_A, Feb 4, 2024
    fchowd0311 likes this.
  3. albuster

albuster Member

Not to rain on the parade, but it is too early to crown Amen and Cam as "future all stars". They still have a long way to go and the real test is when they play against elite teams and how they react. The Raptors' and Hornets' defenses were sub par so those games were not a good gauge of where our youngins are. Now, we have elite teams coming up and the whole team, and CF posters' patience will be tested again. The two are very young and extremely talented but they have flaws in their games that they have to work on in order to even become just rotational NBA players. Let's see how they progress but let's not expect too much so that we can avoid serious disappointment. I hope they really work on their games and pan out in the future. Meanwhile, let's wait and see.

jim1961, apollo33 and Stephen_A like this.
  4. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Future starting lineup: Amen, Jalen, Cam, Jabari and Alperen. Bench: Tari, Adams, filler, filler…

Stephen_A likes this.
  5. Prince_Hakeem

Prince_Hakeem Member

This board tends to get ahead of itself…

Stephen_A likes this.
  6. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Yo u watch the full action of that clip u posted yet?

#66 Stephen_A, Feb 4, 2024
  7. j@amc

j@amc Member

I've watched what I can see since I don't have the game on tape. I do have access to three more seconds on the front end. I'd stand by what I've said. Jalen closes out too fast and sets up Trent Jr. for a basket.

8. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Yes, he has been amazing! :rolleyes:

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Going Hall of Fame places.....;)

10. j@amc

j@amc Member

I will admit to being critical, but not a hater on Jalen Green.

It is frustrating to watch him not grow and make footwork mistakes on D. I am pleased that he turned on offense the other day. His level of toughness and aggression going to the basket has picked up. And while he's struggled with his shot, his strung together some strong play.

Though I wish the entire team could raise its 3-point shooting level to match the league, what puzzles me about Jalen is that he doesn't provide what a starting NBA guard should on defense. He doesn't have to be a world-beater; he just has to be average on defense.

I think he understood that he needed to help on the glass when he played 30+ minutes and had zero boards. I'm glad he's improved in this area.

Let's see how the team looks against Minnesota.

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Im sure Jalen and his agent disagree.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The Rockets drafted all these guards to ...... the league has enough places.

13. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

lol that’s not what happened dude. I explained to you fully what happened as I watched the whole possession. This is what happens when people post edited clips online to create a narrative.