1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets would be dumb to let Houston sports media/Blogs influence them into trading Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Feb 3, 2024.

1. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

It is impossible to argue with Green fans. They are homosexual for him, they wanted Jalen in 2021 because of his Instagram.
    Love is blind, Jalen Green fans don’t understand toughness or winning basketball.

cml750 likes this.
  2. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

lol, if that’s all you got out of those stats, then maybe stats aren’t for you.

3. cml750

cml750 Member

I believe the word you are looking for is "Jaters".

lol, is this supposed to be a pro-Jalen statement? And to think you say I am the comical one.

No I do not think any GM who does his homework will offer much for Green so he will likely end up on the bench.

I do truly hope recent play is a sign he is finally turning things around for good however he will have to prove it to me with some consistency going forward. I have nothing personal against Green, I just happen to see there are better players on the team right now who would do better with the minutes he is getting. Since the team is shopping him they must think the same thing.

#183 cml750, Feb 4, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  4. NewAge

NewAge Member

It’s the other way around: Jalen Green is the one who pissed on the fanbase with his lazy ballerina act, bringing the worst 2-year stretch in the franchise history. Check the twitter thread above.
    • 32W-111L when he plays? Silas this, Silas that, but Silas was 10-11 without Jalen, that’s better than Udoka’s W/L record
    • 5 box-outs in two years? WTF???
    • etc…
    The fanbase is disgusted and burned-out, save for several ass-slurping groupies like yourself. These last few games don’t move the needle emotionally.

Another Front Office, OTOH, may not have the same emotional hangups and may be thinking that a fresh start may change who he is. Which, you know, is quite possible, young people may grow and mature in their 20s. We just want to move-on with some serious ballers, not with this prima ballerina

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think we all enjoyed the random 5 games where Jalen Green played well between January 24th and January 31st....and if that actually was who he was as a player AND he could get those results while playing a winning brand of basketball, I'd be almost as high on him as his superfans.

Unfortunately, it was just a fluke....and a fluke where the Rockets went 3-2....only managing to beat the Hornets and the super old, super soft Lakers.

We've seen fluke hot streaks before....and they led to nothing. He instantly reverted back to the godawful player he's always been. I don't see any reason to think this random fluke hot streak.....that has already ended by the way, will be any different.

matchesmalone likes this.
  6. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Jalen fans understand patience. I'd say all that applies to the SOF brigade roaming this site. According to them, KPJ, Silas, Jalen, Ime, Tilman, Stone & all american born players have formed a alliance to dethrone Sengun as the top icon in the history of sports. According to you, Sengun's here to save sports but his enemies won't allow him without a fight. Interesting dynamic

7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

You said the same thing about Dillon Brooks when we first signed him. You also wanted Ben Simmons for Harden if I remember. You still at it?

roslolian likes this.
  8. cml750

cml750 Member

Did you read the Twitter thread I posted that objectively proves Green is the worst player on the team?

BamBam and matchesmalone like this.
  9. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

Sup Monica!

Jontro likes this.
  10. Bo6

Bo6 Member

we're really trying to spin he didn't have a good game against the Raptors? 14-4-3 on 50% shooting with +17 in 27 minutes while we dogwalked the Raptors off the floor... but no it's only the "homosexuals" who like Green.

Stay classy Clutch Fans

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I was definitely surprised by how DIllon Brooks played to start the season, I'm still surprised that he's absolutely destroying his previous career best for 3 point shooting and TS% largely due to him having the best shot discipline of his career. I don't think anyone SHOULD have expected that.....the talk was all about "if he becomes a different player than he's been to this point in his career, he'll fit", turns out he was willing to change the way he plays basketball, at least so far. That's awesome.

I'm not sure what that has to do with Jalen Green though.

Also, no, I didn't want Ben Simmons for Harden.....can't have a PG that can't shoot, which was my opposition to Amen in the draft.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So, a 48.5% TS% is what you are trying to spin as a "good game"? Damn you've got a low bar for success.

If that weak performance by Jalen is what you call "good", what would you call the performances by Cam, Amen, or Sengun?

matchesmalone likes this.
  13. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Both sides of this thing lack incredible amounts of nuance and goal posts get shifted all over the place. Amazing. It’s not that hard to see that Jalen has had a pretty ****ing terrible start to his career. You can say that and subsequently see that his last 5 games have been a step in the right direction. Not just in box score but in the way he’s playing. Attacking the basket, boxing the **** out for the first time in his life, and generally paying attention on defense. Those are the things what we want to see happen. I have no idea if this is the new Jalen or some random sample where he goes backwards again but what it is right now is something very positive in his development. You don’t need to take anything else away from it other than that.

14. Lloyd Estacio

Lloyd Estacio Member

I'd take Miller over Green in a heartbeat. He's a 6'9 wing who is a 3 level scorer already and high IQ

15. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

This narrative that we hate anyone needs to die a quick death.

There's quite a bit of difference between hate and criticism or hate and not believing the player is good enough to be part of a championship contender.

I think Harden was pretty much universally loved .... until it was time to go and let's be honest, it was time to go. Morey's hands were tied the moment Ferntits pushed that Westbrick trade thru - There was no improving that team.

T-Mac was one of the greatest players to ever put on a Rockets uniform. He just had injury issues that left people questioning his want to and those questions were probably unfair.

Jalen has been one of, if not the most inconsistent starting player in the entire league during his almost 3 seasons.
    For much of this season, his efficiency numbers have been at career lows and he's been outplayed by a 19 year old rookie. Criticism Is Warranted.

BamBam, cml750 and jim1961 like this.
  16. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

This reminds me of Lin fans arguing that McHale was holding him back from being better than Harden.

17. PhiSlammaJamma

Technically, Miller does bring a gun to a gun fight.

Ancient Moabite, roslolian and NewAge like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Jalen Green 19 year old:
    17 ppg 55% ts 3 apg 2 tpg, -.5 OBPM, -2.4 DBPM, -2.9 BPM, -.5 VORP

Brandon Miller 21 year old:
    16 ppg 55% ts 2 apg 2 tpg, -1.6 OBPM, -2.2 DBPM, -3.8 BPM, -.6 VORP

Honestly pretty similar rookie years.

19. Risingred

Risingred Member

I'm not quite sure why people worry about trading Green. Before Embiid's injury, there was a thread if you would trade Sengun for Embiid and majority of people would be fine with that trade if we were trading them straight up. The question is not whether the Rockets should trade Jalen Green, is who we get if we trade him. Except for a few players in the NBA, nobody is untouchable. The Rockets front office has a track record of not caring what the fans and the media/blog opinion, why would you think they suddenly care? There were thousands of threads here and thousand of bloggers yelling about "fire Silas" in the previous two seasons, but they kept Silas until his contract expired. Another thing is, whether people agree with your opinion or not, it's important to respect other people' opinion if they provide a valid arguments and supported by facts or numbers. This thread calls out Chop Shop, but they have been doing a pretty good job in supporting their views with numbers. Even I don't necessary agree with their views at times, I respect their opinions. Anyway, we are just fans, we can't move a needle. We couldn't even vote Sengun into an Allstar game even we tried our every best and submitting multiple votes. It's silly to have a delusion that Stone or the front office will listen to the media/bloggers, let alone us fans.

20. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

#Nope

cml750 likes this.