1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets would be dumb to let Houston sports media/Blogs influence them into trading Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Feb 3, 2024.

1. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Yikes, I mean that lines up with the eye test but can he pull out of the nose dive in time this season?

2. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Probably not. He's been playing well lately but it's a small sample size and hopefully some team buys high

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That’s a lot of work to say he’s shooting 40/30/70 while we have known since a year before he was drafted he will likely be the 4th/5th best defender in your lineup.

4. cml750

cml750 Member

I agree. We will likely never get a better trade offer than right now due to his fluke good play recently. And yes it is a fluke based on history to anyone who questions that terminology. Sell the fools gold while it is really shiny.

5. cml750

cml750 Member

It is objective evidence that the team is worse with Jalen on the floor. That is why he is being shopped and why he will likely move to the bench if he is not traded.

blue_eyed_devil, Ardeus and jim1961 like this.
  6. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

We still have Tate and Landale's contracts to add plus picks. Some team will likely take a flyer on Jalen. Thankfully he's playing well before the deadline. If we hold him he'll be sunk value

cml750 likes this.
  7. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Agreed. We have to trade him though

cml750 likes this.
  8. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

That is the issue, but then he's better than brandon miller. The contracts would match, but in no universe is brandon miller ever going to be as good as jalen green will be. I can understand trading for bridges given his team friendly contract and that he is a perfect third or fourth player on a contender.

they'd have to throw in at least an unprotected first with miller.

9. cml750

cml750 Member

I am no big Miller fan but he is shooting 44/38/82 for his 1/2 season career which is already better than Jalen's season (42/32/81) or 2 1/2 year career (42/34/80) averages.

Lloyd Estacio and GOATuve like this.
  10. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Yeah we would be blessed to get Miller in any universe for Miller. Out of the last three drafts Jalen has to be one of the biggest busts up there with Cade so far.

NewAge and cml750 like this.
  11. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Thanks for showing how superficial your analysis is.

cmlmel77 likes this.
  12. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

In what planet would anyone take Jalen over Miller

13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Earth

14. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

There's no way. I understand that Miller has off the court issues (not sure of they're still relevant) but he's better than Jalen at everything

Lloyd Estacio and NewAge like this.
  15. cml750

cml750 Member

lol, Did you happen to read the tweets I posted a little while ago proving Jalen is the worst player on the team?

16. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

so what? he's nothing but a role player. he'll never be more than that. we already got jabari smith who's better. miller can't take over a game the way jalen green can. Miller can't be no first option. The only reason we make that trade is because we'd get another 3 years on a rookie deal, allowing us to fit others under the cap, not that miller's better. that's the only reason we do that trade.

17. cml750

cml750 Member

In case you haven't noticed, other than the last few games, Jalen has not even been on the level of a role player. He has objectively been the worst player on the team getting significant minutes. As I said in the post you quoted, I am no big Miller fan but I would gladly take him over Jalen.

Von Rafer likes this.
  18. Ancient Moabite

You anti group presidents are pure comedians

You think you can sit up and and piss on how horrible Green is at bball, then think you are going to fleece a GM with a fluke fools gold stretch?

Wouldn't it be better as a fan to root for any said player to keep improving off this fools gold stretch for the benefit of your team?

Nothing is shiny if it is a fluke/horrible product

Do you even realize how comical you antiGreenies sound?

anthony59237 likes this.
  19. a time to chill

I think it’s more comical that pro Jalen Green folks still somehow think he can emerge as an elite player. You won’t be selling high, but you could probably package him with other assets prior to the deadline to give the Rockets a stronger playoff push. According to reports, the Rockets are already exploring these types of trades. If they don’t completely believe in him, why should we?

Von Rafer and jim1961 like this.
  20. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

Only Jalen would and maybe not even that considering how crushed his confidence is this year

GOATuve likes this.