1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the rockets see Sengun as the franchise player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arno_ed, Feb 1, 2024.

?

Do the rockets see Sengun as the franchise player?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. ThinkBigRoc

ThinkBigRoc Member

I think the fans value Alpi more as franchise player than Udoka at this point. Adding Mitchel will not help imo. We have a younger and potentially better version of Mitchel, Cam, waiting for his turn. Alpi is being used more this year because, the Rockets lack consistent outside shooting, nobody else can post up and score, and Fred has been above average in the pick n roll. With that said, teams are going to use what the Pels did last game against us. They will pack the paint and leave our busted 3 point shooters open. This is where Cam will develop into a lethal catch and shoot 3 point shooter and slasher. BTW, my eyes are telling me Tari is the most important Rocket. He may not be our franchise player but this team lacks toughness without him.

2. sefril

sefril Member

Yeah, and get the MVP while he’s in Europe..

maybe learn some new language too, Turkish probably..

Jontro and tagedieb like this.
  3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am still not sure they do - but the moves will tell us a lot.

DD

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Sounds like he is untouchable.

Jontro and T for 3 like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It needs to be more than a discussion but a conviction to get something started, it is still just baby steps.

6. T for 3

T for 3 Member

Sengun is the guy. Green will be gone eventually.

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. tagedieb

tagedieb Member

Sengun has an unorthodox playing style, moves, even body type for an NBA player. I think that makes it difficult for some fans to embrace him as a star or a franchise player.

Watching him reminds me of watching Kevin Martin play for Sacramento. For the longest time, I was thinking KM's stats were fluke, and with his style of play and shooting form he was doomed to fail. Yet, time and time again he prevailed. He was very underrated for a career ~17.5 point guy..

Looking at the stats, KM averaged 17.1 points per game over 6 seasons for Sacramento, while Peja Stojakovic averaged 18.3 over 9 seasons. KM was a career eFG%=0.500 guy.. His NBA journey lasted from age 21 to 32, to Peja's 21 to 33, and he averaged more ppg than Peja..

Maybe, if Sengun had a different play style, a more NBA center prototype physique, yet averaged the exact same stats, he could have gotten more hype.

8. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

It is an archaic question. Silas,CWood,KPJ,Bruno,Lucas,.. gone as Sengun settled as the core of the young core.

The question should be whether Sengun will be the face of whole NBA in 5 years time or not.

9. cumutk

cumutk Member

Alperen Sengun is already a borderline allstar caliber player...
    He will be in the tier of Embiid,Jokic no later than 3-4 years.
    If Rockets dont see him as their center piece, at least 7-8 teams in NBA will see him.
    These 10-15 years will.be the periof of passing high basketball iq centers teams for NBA rings...
    After Denver example, Jokic's, Sengun's and Sabonis's are the new kings of NBA..
    You can easily draft High athletic black Kids fro the streets of urban of America with low iq, zero fundamental..but they are only empty stat leaders most of the time.
    But you can only find Sengun, Jokic type of talents maybe in 10 or 20.years...
    Very easy answer

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

f0e0f20b12a7278ba77e6a876c6dc725.gif

11. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

INB4 teh ban

plegus and jcmoon like this.
  12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

isn't embiid black? not sure what color has anything to do with this. And i'd be shocked if alpi is ever as good as embiid and jokic. i'm not so sure the rockets managment are as high on sengun as this guy is.

13. cml750

cml750 Member

Bingo! I believe he will be. It is hard to believe we still have fans who do not see how lucky we are to have Sengun who soon will be in the MVP hunt for the next decade.

plegus, AroundTheWorld and Ankara1923 like this.
  14. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

well I’m not sure clutchfans is the right crowd to ask since most of them here wanted to trade him for a thrown in trades for 2 years and now some of them are saying we should trade him since he’s stock is high lol. So the only way clutchfans will not have you traded is by sucking because by their logic your not worth the return we could get so sit your ass with the team.

15. Chayvan

Chayvan Member

I am turkish and i am a big fan of Sengun for a long time. But franchise player... Cmon. He is all star caliber and a great team mate but not a franchise player. He is not and will never be an Embiid, luka or jokic. And he doesn't have to be.

16. meh

meh Contributing Member

The fact that they even inquired about Bridges shows how much they think of Sengun. Bridges is not the type of player you'd trade for unless you already believe in your core. And right now the only young player on this team one can point to as a potential star is Sengun. Everyone else is still TBD.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. plegus

plegus Member

18. plegus

plegus Member

360 no-scope ignore button worthy burner acc :D