1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets would be dumb to let Houston sports media/Blogs influence them into trading Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rocketchamp, Feb 3, 2024.

1. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

He does have the highest upside because he has the highest potential. Doesn’t mean he’ll reach it but his ceiling at its max is higher than Şengün, Cam, or Jabari. Just because he has more tools.at his disposals than anybody else. The second highest ceiling is Amen.

34to11, xaos and Carpe82 like this.
  2. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Lmao wtf!!!! Trade this, trade that and then what ? It seems like people on this board just interested in trading players rather than build a team lol. So every time we draft a player that has a high potential then let’s trade him because his stock is high ?

Carpe82 likes this.
  3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I think that's highly debatable--they all have different strengths and weaknesses, and the player who has the highest ceiling would depend on what you value most. Even if that's raw physical tools, in that area I think Amen clearly has Jalen beat. Similar athletic traits, but bigger, stronger, longer arms.

But of course things like basketball IQ, shooting touch, motor, and so on also influence a player's ceiling.

xaos likes this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I believe Cam and Amen have more upside because of size and athleticism. Alp has more upside because of skill.
    At their peak comparisons.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Shout out to the tweeters and bloggers influencing the Astros front office decisions and got Dusty Baker to retire.
    Shout out to the tweeters and bloggers influencing the Rockets front office decisions.
    [​IMG]

6. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

if thats the way you see it. I dont want to get to the second round.

7. cumutk

cumutk Member

Bro,all Rockets offense is dictated by Sengun.
    Sengun gives all decisions about offense as the hub and secondary playmaker next to Vanfleet.
    What are you and all other basketball ignorants talk about this ceiling?
    Sengun is deciding offense flows in this team at 21 years old..
    Finishes at the rim when alone, passes and asists when doubled.
    It started to become more than funny about comparing Sengun and Jalen ceilings.
    Sengun is already an allstar caliber candidate player in that tier, Green is still an unproven, not consistent NBA player... when shoots he lights out, when bricks, becomes burden and liability in this team..
    I like Green and want him well, but stop comparing this ceiling comedy..
    I dont remember that Green's name is even menitioned for all star or praised by even one manager in this league...

Downtown Sniper likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jaters be all like

giphy.gif

Strawberry Gum likes this.
  9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

Good. Cause If you want to trade your best player who’s only what 20-21 yo then I don’t want to argue with you.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

923c750f-9bbc-4ba5-be1d-8b175f4a11b2_text.gif

11. cumutk

cumutk Member

Jalen Green is not this teams best player, he even is not a starting caliber player... lf you mean Jalen in your quote.
    If it is , why such unservaluing or insulting Sengun, Who carries the load with Van Fleet?

12. jcmoon

jcmoon Contributing Member

hes the best player right now. How much better do you think hes going to get?

3 firsts and 3 swaps from the right team? Id take it

13. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

And then do what with them? Draft and 3-4 young players and hope they’ll pan out ? Why? And I do think sengun will get a lot better too. MVP caliber player

#93 arabrocket, Feb 3, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    jcmoon likes this.
  14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Jalen Green is our best player at what actually?
    Seriously, tell me.

15. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I hope this is pure sarcasm because if its not, its pure delusional.

Downtown Sniper and cml750 like this.
  16. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

I think the thing the Rockets have to think about moving forward and what @arabrocket was alluding to is the Rocket's identity. The Rockets have talent, lots of it but which player(s) will fit that identity moving forward.

I think that's the main reason, they made a trade for a player who can not play this year in Adams. He brings what they want in the paint; TOUGHNESS, DEFENSE AND SHOT BLOCKING.

I could be wrong but how can you START someone the opposite of that, if you that's what you want your identity to be. Sengun is offense, Adams is defense. Ime is defense. So, we will see.

Im watching UH vs Kansas now and having a big, shot blocking center makes ALL the difference in the world.

arabrocket and Carpe82 like this.
  17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Rockets would be dumb to let the media goad them into doing anything.

gfab-babyboi and JayGoogle like this.
  18. Strawberry Gum

Os Trigonum likes this.
  19. utgrad97

utgrad97 Member

The Rockets are currently outscoring teams by six points per 100 possessions when Green is on the bench — the highest mark on the team — and getting outscored by 1.6 points per 100 when he’s on the floor (the worst mark of any of their starters).

Green is not a better defender than Sengun, as his DRtg, DWS, and DPM are all behind Sengun.

Things Sengun does better than Green, PER, TS%, FTr, ORB%, DRB%, AST%, STL%, BLK%

Our best defensive team would be Sengun, Smith, Thompson, Eason, and Whitmore.

#99 utgrad97, Feb 3, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    roxallways, jim1961, DaDakota and 3 others like this.
  20. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

You trade your talented guards before you trade your talented big men.

DaDakota and jcmoon like this.