1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

Five top 29 protected first round picks :p

jch1911 and matchesmalone like this.
  2. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

The Nets are full of **** and are clearly inflating values poorly knowing they are going to need to tear things down.

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

At 1:54 Vecenie talks trading Jalen. I’m really aligned with their rationale for trading him:

Freaking can’t imbed this link damnit!!! If you can find his latest pod, it’s worth a listen towards the end for a pretty long Jalen trade segment.

#1343 Aruba77, Feb 3, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  4. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I really want to hear it now, I wish someone could post this podcast, I’v looked for it but can’t find it…:confused:

…….
    …….
    …….

5. Umut

Umut Member

I don't know if Green will be traded, but it might be fun to watch the duo of Cam Thomas and Jalen Green, I'm not sure if it will be possible for Nets.:D

RLP55 likes this.
  6. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

5 first rounders?

Yeah. Bullshit. That's so stupid and unbelievable I wouldn't even deal with them at all. They're just playing games now.

7. evo8lover

evo8lover Member

Sean marks has to be fired if that’s true 5 first round picks is a lot for a none super star

cmoak1982 likes this.
  8. OremLK

OremLK Member

Marks is dealing in bad faith. Don't know why you would even want to talk to him at this point if you're an opposing GM.

evo8lover likes this.
  9. Aruba77

Delete post

Corrosion likes this.
  10. j@amc

j@amc Member

As Vecine says on the podcast, this one might "break people's brains."

The Podcast: 1:53:30 mark Jalen Green and Alex Caruso.

If Chicago would do that trade, count me in. Bring the College Station guy back closer to H-town. He'd be a fantastic fit for the remaining Rocket players.

Corrosion, Aruba77 and BamBam like this.
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Caruso is about to turn 30 and is similar to guys like Dillon, Amen, Tate, and Tari in that he is great on defense but just a roleplayer on offense right now (Amen could become more than that)--redundant on our roster. Obviously he is better than some/most of those guys, but the marginal gain isn't worth it.

No way I would trade Jalen to Chicago unless I'm getting Coby White back in the deal. And even then, I'd have mixed feelings.

12. j@amc

j@amc Member

Caruso is a proven commodity, a perfect complement to star players. His individual and team defense is terrific; he makes open shots, moves the ball, and would give lots of room for Cam and Amen to grow by covering up their weaknesses.

Not sure what we could offer that Chicago would find appealing, but if they only wanted Jalen Green, I'd strongly consider it.

13. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Wait. Jalen for Caruso was the suggestion?

like…for real?

OremLK likes this.
  14. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

Maybe Portland will decide they need a playable veteran and trade us Scoot for Uncle Jeff

15. Aruba77

I know it sounds like an underwhelming return, but if Chicago was willing to throw in a protected 1st I’d do the deal.

Caruso could fetch a really good return if we chose to move him before he becomes a free agent. But in the meantime, he’d be one of the most impactful players we could add in the entire nba. He’s an elite defensive guard who shoots 37% career from 3 (41% this year). He’d be so good for our young guys.

The reality is that Jalen, cam and Amen cant develop on the same team. There just isn’t enough minutes, especially with the need to play some vets. This is just an inevitability, and the only question is how long we’re willing to stunt the growth of Cam and Amen relative to continuing to develop Jalen.

I don’t think this trade idea is likely to materialize, and Ideally we’d want a younger player in return, but the rockets are going to have to trade Jalen either at the deadline or this summer.

#1355 Aruba77, Feb 3, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    Shark44 likes this.
  16. OremLK

OremLK Member

What does it matter? He is already at the tail end of his prime years, and we're not contending this season. We don't need to trade Jalen for a 1.5 year veteran roleplayer rental, might as well hold onto him at least until next year's deadline if that's all we're getting back.

If we are getting back a young player we feel can be better long-term, fine--that's why I mentioned White (depending on the FO's evaluation). Or if Jalen is going out as part of a package for a legitimate star player. Otherwise, stay the course. I usually like Vecenie's takes but this one was dumb.

17. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Cross off LaVine as a target.

Corrosion and sirjesse like this.
  18. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

If we ate hell bent on trading Green….. Just get a young player and a future pick. Jarace Walker and 2025 First for Green.

fattz and Aruba77 like this.
  19. OremLK

OremLK Member

Straight-up a bad contract now, if it wasn't already.

Corrosion and baller4life315 like this.
  20. clos4life

clos4life Member

I am not ready to trade Green yet. I do think Cam will end up being a better player, but I also think Green has a chance to turn into a great player still. Give him more time, don't be the impatient team like OKC did with Harden.