1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do the rockets see Sengun as the franchise player?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by arno_ed, Feb 1, 2024.

?

Do the rockets see Sengun as the franchise player?

1. Yes

35 vote(s)
    50.7%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    49.3%
  1. Umut

Umut Member

It's too early to say yes or no, but I think Alperen deserves a chance, he played very bad yesterday, but he had at least 5-6 assists but they didnt this team is not for alperen, you build a team according to alperen, if it fails, you say okay, it doesn't work and move on, my this is my thought

2. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

They aren’t trying to find another center to start, what are you talking about? They are just trying to find a backup center.

This place gets odd after a loss.

Verbal Christ and cmlmel77 like this.
  3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

When alperen doesnt have a good game this teams chances of winning go waaaay down. And some of that is because there is no viable backup. I dont know if they view him as the franchise player but hes certainly this teams most important player at this point.

HardenReturns likes this.
  4. TimDuncanDonaut

I see the org needing more games for all of young players to prove themselves. Good news for Alp is he's at the front of the pack.

The franchise label matters less, so long as the opportunities continue to be there on the court.

5. Tempington

Tempington Member

I am a Sengunatic or SOF or whatever you call it. But i do not think that FO view Sengun as a center piece yet (if ever), if Jalen start to deliver then they may ship Sengun for a more fitting center for the play style. I believe he is a fighter and have a winning mentality, but also have struggles on certain areas that i am confident he will overcome in time, but not sure if it will happen with the Rockets in the long run, as FO time and time again showed less interest on hopping on the Sengun train (from the media & articles, i do not have any other sources).

6. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Alpi missed some of the easiest shots I've ever seen him yesterday. That's not gonna happen very often. Relax everyone. Not like Jonas went for 40. He had 25 points and a lot of that was also on Jeff Green and Jabari. Alpi still made him work for tough baskets. If he's hitting that fadeaway that consistently not much Alpi or anyone can do. We did nit loose yesterday because of defense. Not gonna win many games when you get 52 minutes from 4 guys who scored 2 total points...

We had some really good looks yesterday. Shots Jabari and Holiday and Jeff been knocking down all year for us. They just missed every shot they took.

fchowd0311, Bo6 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I say give all our young guys their 4 years before making that decision. If they aren't as good as others playing that position, then pay for the best players you can afford to move forward, whether it's a replacement or not.

8. cml750

cml750 Member

Of course they they know he is our franchise player. If they do not see it by now then we need new management and/or ownership. The guy is setting all kinds of records for a 21 and under player. The Rockets history is built on strong big men(including the best big man in NBA history)and will continue to be again for at least the next decade to 15 years.

9. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The insecurity is palpable
    [​IMG]

Os Trigonum likes this.
  10. MystikArkitect

Cam/Sengun/Jabari/DB is a much more cohesive unit than Jalen/Sengun/Jabari/DB.

This team is either SenHub or its not. And it certainly feels more threatening when it's SenHub instead of whatever the **** yesterday was.

Downtown Sniper and daywalker02 like this.
  11. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

They were at the beginning of the year. They almost signed Lopez. I agree that they are not trying to find a starting center now.

daywalker02 likes this.
  12. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

This thread is not a reaction to the loss. It is a feeling I have had for a long time. This was just the moment i found time posting the thread.

I agree with you. I just think the Rockets do not see it that way.

AroundTheWorld and daywalker02 like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Who's the primary ball handler for the first line up?

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He has the highest usage rate in the team and out of the young guys plays the most minutes.

Do Sengun fans want the Rockets to mimic the Harden years or Doncic heliocentric offense where he dominates every possession?

16. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think that's the basic gist of it, yes.

Verbal Christ likes this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If Harden was willing to step back and be a 2nd or 3rd option for the Clippers and do the same when he was younger.....

Would you not think he has a ring already?

The KD rings with the GSW are still rings no matter how much asterisks attached to them.

18. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Always a good laugh when guys who joined clutchfans before Sengun was even born get the SOF label

Anyway I think the answer is yes. The only evidence I've seen to the contrary was before his breakout this year, and I don't think they believed in him much prior to that, for all the reasons mentioned. But after seeing what he's done this year I think they view him that way. And the Iko article yesterday backs that up.

19. invocux

invocux Member

Nobody here knows.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Well, according to what's posted in another thread, the priorities sound like this.

Sengun: untouchable
    Amen and Cam: not on the table
    Bari and Tari: not trading unless a star is in return
    (everybody else is fair game?)

AroundTheWorld likes this.