1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka after Jalen Green, Rockets crush Lakers

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 29, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

[​IMG]

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

This might be a record for Udoka smiles at a postgame presser. He tried to hide them but couldn't.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

6. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

THAT, would be the absolute worst thing can happen to the organization and the fanbase!! You don't go through multiple years of tanking for the outcome that you just just described!! I've adamantly said, in multiple posts that we need to get the best value for that #2 pick!! I'm not in favor of trading Jalen, nor am I in favor of keeping him when his contract extension rolls around, but I'm 100% in favor of getting the max value from that pick!!

I'm thrilled to see how he's played the last couple of games, and truthfully if he can continue playing at that level.... THAT would be the absolute best thing for the organization and the fanbase!! In truth, I'm nervous! The decision the Rockets take on this kid will either blossom into an era of beautiful memories or make us lament of how the organization royally screwed the pooch!! :confused:

REGARDLESS,
    Go Rockets!!!

BigMaloe, NewAge and vince like this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, I get that fans want an emotional response to this but I rather go with the rational outcome.

8. vince

vince Member

I think he’s excited, as he was tasked with breaking down Jalen Green, and rebuilding his approach to a team oriented style.

Green has proven, he can play efficiently at an all star level - for at least a few game stretch. It’s been about teaching him that playing hero ball on an island is a detriment to the team. However being a primary option on a team system approach makes the game much more winnable.

Sengun, Jabari, Eason, Whitmore, and Amen are all looking like they are getting better and making major strides this season. So there is a lot to be excited for the coach.

9. MystikArkitect

Jalen had the clutch bucket and the close out when the Lakers were only down 10 which forced a crappy 2 instead of a 3 in rhythm. He did short circuit trying the same baseline move again and got bailed out by the T.O. so ugly Jalen is still in there somewhere. Let's see if he can do it again.

10. vator

vator Contributing Member

We back up!

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

On what they are teaching Green, I think making reads is the top thing they are working on. Early in the season, it seemed like Ime was not happy that Green was deciding what to do before the defense reacted instead of reacting to the defense.

BigMaloe and vince like this.
  12. CXbby

CXbby Member

Anthony Davis was benched the entire fourth quarter even though Lebron played most of it. Meanwhile Sengun put up dominant numbers. Some would call that being played off the floor, but we will just keep that to ourselves.

13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I was surprised Lebron played as much as he did. I thought Davis and Lebron played well. Rockets offense was just on another level last night.

People talk about how much an abomination the Rockets depth is, but wow is the Lakers depth bad. Prince started last night. I'm not sure he would make the Rockets roster. Holiday didn't play last night for the Rockets, but he'd be the 4th or 5th best Laker depending on if Reaves is playing well or not.

14. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Not sure if he was injured or if that was the Anthony Davis accountability game.

15. Ancient Moabite

Well at this point all you can do is ask for 5 to 6 good (or better) games out of 10 and if he has sub par shooting in the others then maybe he can get 8+ boards with 5 dimes with passable defense but playing engaged with energy on each play

No player is going to do it game after game etc but they do it like 8/10 games and hit a bad game here and there

but hopefully the core picks can all get to the Sengun consistent trajectory and reach their apex with the Rockets and they win big consistently

Mathloom likes this.
  16. sirjesse

sirjesse The Udoker has spoken!
    Supporting Member

upload_2024-1-30_11-11-11.jpeg

Ancient Moabite and daywalker02 like this.
  17. 34to11

34to11 Member

It's nice to see Jalen continue to evolve as a star player. He's been tasked with making the greatest adjustment in the new system and he hasn't shied away from the challenge.
    Despite the slings and arrows of a notoriously myopic fan base (rife with agendists) he's continued to put in the work and you can see the results on both ends of the floor.

It was also nice to see Sengun bounce back from a recent rough stretch and not allow the embarrassment of his last game to carry over.

It was great to see Jabari back. He is clearly the linchpin to Udoka's defensive scheme and he's become more comfortable and confident with where his shots are in the offense.

To the chagrin of some, all of the Rockets young horses seem to be finding their stride.
    Sadly some of the aforementioned agendists will still try to use anything short of perfection as an excuse to unduly criticize some of these youngsters.
    Personally I'm just ecstatic to see the vision starting to come to fruition.

mfastx likes this.