1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2023 NFL General Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by J.R., Sep 7, 2023.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Mahomes messed with their heads. As soon as he drove down and scored the ravens lost their damn minds. Down 7 with 55 minutes to go? PANIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If other Detroit or SF wins can still play Journey

3. Buck Turgidson

McCaffrey is so good

4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry, that's a ridiculous take, regardless of how good his team is. You must have some serious bias to say that, and it is disrespectful considering his RTG, TDS, and yards. I don't believe for a second he would only get 5 wins on the Texans. That's just a silly thing to say.

If your logic is correct, then why did Watson and the other quarterbacks on the Browns do so terrible? They had a really good offensive line and great defense. By your logic the New England quarterbacks after Brady would have done the same thing as Purdy playing on a team that just won the Superbowl. They didn't come close though did they?

5. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

So this is what it looks like to have a proper running game.

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

After barely winning the last two games I wasn’t expecting this out of the lions

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

While they did it much of the game, it got kinda ridiculous in the 4th quarter where the Chiefs basically dared Lamar to beat them with his arm. On some plays, their d-lineman had no intention of trying to tackle him in the backfield; it was pure contain with very little push.

He couldn't do it. I say that as someone who respects what Lamar has done this season. Spagnuolo has his number.

8. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Niners barely beat the Packers. Purdy threw 2 should've been picks that were dropped. He's not the guy.

A_3PO likes this.
  9. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

huh? the patriots are garbage, how exactly are they a super team these days? What does brady have to do with purdy other then them both being white i guess? If you think he's good, that's fine. My opinion of him is much higher then before the season when i thought he was actually terrible. I think he's probably in the 12-15 range, not a difference maker but on an elite team is good enough to win games. Put him on a bad team and that team still sucks, no way the texans even sniff the playoffs with him

Sooty likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Detroit came to play

Rocket River

Buck Turgidson likes this.
  11. JumpMan

JumpMan Contributing Member
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Some teams are told to stand down. Get out of the way. Allegedly.

J.R. likes this.
  12. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm not talking about the Patriots now silly. I'm talking about the team who won a Superbowl with Brady. Brady left, and the following year no quarterback came close to putting up stats like Brady then, or Purdy now. I think you are foolish saying any QB can put up those kind of stats on a good team, even if they are mediocre.

13. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

why? you see meh qbs put up great stats all the time, SF has maybe the best infrastructure any qb has had in the modern era of the nfl. Best rb in the league, best pass catching combo in the league, best play caller/system in the league, best LT in the league. I still don't get what you're talking about with brady, brady didn't have anything like what sf has around him

14. Mr. Space City

Purdy is not a play from behind QB.

He's used to everything around him playing at a high level and just keeping the bus on the road.

Contain CMC and Purdy will not beat you.

15. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

Love that duo run game DET has

Burn you with Gibbs or run you over with Montgomery.

You can make that defense tired quick

16. Mr. Space City

17. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Name 2 meh quarterbacks who that put up those kinds of stats and led their team to the best record in their conference.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Looks like big moment is getting to Purdy.

Cinderella slipper fits the Lions so far. But I swear they better beat the Chiefs if they move on....

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Part is me is wondering if the 49ers are suffering from the same malaise that seemed to grip the Ravens.

They havent played a really competitive football team in over a month... The Lions show up, punch em in the dick, and they just crumble.

mtbrays likes this.
  20. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

goff went to a superbowl, flocco won a superbowl, eli (who was below meh) won multiple superbowls, etc. and none of those teams had anywhere close to SF talent