1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ukraine

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Nov 25, 2018.

1. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I saw Dreadnoughts on the Dnieper open for Black Pumas at SXSW.

rocketsjudoka and HTM like this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

The "military" is always prepared to fight the last war. Ukraine will need to adapt to facts on the ground and change their strategy.

I keep thinking that at some point Russia will run of soldiers and or equipment. Given the troop losses Russia endured in WW 1 and 2, we are years away from that being an issue. Given that Iran, China and North Korea are selling them equipment, the Russians may be years away from running out.

Russia has always been favored in this war. They have more of everything. Russia's war strategy is dumb, but perhaps they think winning is inevitable so they do whatever.

The only non-bad outcome may be if Biden wins and they secure US funding until 2025. If Trump wins, he likely withdrawals all support to Ukraine as he hit the door of a US NATO exit. Putin will hang onto until the 2024 is decided.

[​IMG]

3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hear they are a very innovative Prog Rock and their live shows mix theatricality with musicality. ;)

ROCKSS and basso like this.
  4. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think Russian strategy is to keep on going and see what happens to the US election. If Biden wins and if the Democrats take the House there might be a rethinking of
    Russian strategy.

astros123, ROCKSS and No Worries like this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

astros123 and Ottomaton like this.
  6. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If the Russians didnt down the plane intentionally themselves, they certainly arent crying about it.

Ive read maybe half a dozen stories about all of the prisoner exchange deals that have gone nowhere because the Russsians don't seem to particularly want their prisoners back for internal reasons relating to the narriative they are trying to sell about bloodthirsty cruel Nazis in Ukraine.

The only reason I'm not sure they did it intentionally is all the broken, improperly maintained planes falling out of the sky in Russia over the past year.

#15066 Ottomaton, Jan 24, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    No Worries, ROCKSS and basso like this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

8. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

A quandary?? Let's see, on one hand you have an obligation to the American People to do your friggin jobs, everyone wants this, yet you are balking at doing it. On the other hand, you have the gop cult leader wanting to run on this issue so what's another year of this?? I can see why the gop is perplexed, there not there to do the will of the people, they are there to do the bidding of their king in waiting...........hell, what has the gop done these days besides tweet and b****?

astros123 likes this.
  9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

10. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Here is my prediction for this war: Trump will get elected in Nov and he will end this war in 2025.

basso likes this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

your confused.

astros123 and pirc1 like this.
  12. pirc1

As everyone here knows, I did not vote Trump last time and I don't think he was a good president, will not vote for him this time either, but I predict he will win this time.

13. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

I didn't think it was possible however I am in the same boat. People (not party narratives) are drifting from Republic/Democrat to anti-establishment/establishment.

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Trump has very little chance of getting elected 7 million vote loss last time will be double digits this time his crowds are shrinking and there are people that just won't vote for him especially since Jan 6th.

The irony is that Joe probably can ONLY beat Trump....

The GOP is a bunch of ****wits that are just terrified of their own shadows with ZERO policies to run on.

DD

15. astros123

astros123 Member

Nd what exactly makes you think he's going win when he hasn't won an election in 6 years. Every single MAGA canidate lost in 2022. Trump barely beat Nikki Haley this week.

I don't understand what universe folks live in where Trump is this juggernaut. He's lost every election

Yes Trump who gutted regulations for banks and Wall Street and provided largest tax cut to Wall Street in history is totally "anti establishment"

It's funny how folks throw around the word "anti establishment" nd Trump in the same sentence. What exactly has Trump done that has been anti establishment

adoo and dmoneybangbang like this.
  16. Agent94

Agent94 Member

It’s amazing no matter how long you look back their view always 100% align with Fox News talking points.

astros123, Andre0087 and B-Bob like this.
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

That seems to be the conventional wisdom (perhaps around 60% believe this). I would just point out that the conventional wisdom for the 2022 election, backed up by good data, was wrong. And 2022 wasn’t a one-off - subsequent elections also tell a similar story. Yet, that conventional wisdom persists - that Biden / Dem is very weak and can’t win. Personally, I haven’t seen enough data to judge, and even with data, I think polls will struggle this time around. It’s truly a unique election, and I believe the margin of error can be very significant.

18. pirc1

I am not going to say Biden have no chance, I will put it at 60-40 in favor of Trump. I think last time there was a huge wave to remove Trump, this time there is not nearly as large a wave against Trump. I think some of Biden votes from last time will splinter off, I think Biden will get smaller percentage of Asian and Muslim votes this time around, he might also get smaller percentage of college educated and young voters. It doesn't take much drop off for Trump to win this time.

Amiga and Exiled like this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Only rational way of coming to this conclusion is a slight Biden decline in support from Young people, and Latino voters combined with more 3rd party votes getting pulled, and every last living MAGA supporter in the country coming out in full force in swing states.

Right now the polling shows that you are right actually in regard to the popular vote. State by state in the swing states so far it looks more favorable to Biden.

I won’t be surprised if Trump is re-elected for sure, but it would be silly to just count Biden out at this point.

On Ukraine though of course Trump will end the war. He’s so in the tank for Putin and he’ll feel that he has no reason to worry about being held accountable ever again that he’ll do everything he can to help Putin win. I expect he’ll be sharing with Putin all the intelligence he can get his hands on, and do everything he can to assist.

I think he’ll pull us out of NATO as well and that will then put a ticking clock on Putin moving on other Baltic countries. Trump getting re-elected actually makes a world war much much more likely in the long run.

20. astros123

astros123 Member

Youre not taking into consideration consumer sentiment is skyrocketing right now and the fed hasnt even cut interest rates. The market predicts 6 rate cuts which means mortgage and car loans will be back down this fall. The war in israel will be over by the summer and young people will forget by election time.

If the economy turns around then biden wins. If the economy stalls and/or we see another energy shock then Trump will win and democracy will be over. We wont have another free election for sometime

dobro1229 likes this.