1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Random Trade Thread 2023-24

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Shark44, Jul 10, 2023.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

I didn't include two first rounders my dude, look again

2. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

So you think Green's trade value currently is 2nd rounder? I value him as a 1st rounder, mid to late. HIs lotto value days ended the first few weeks of the season. Please tell me what I haven't considered, because I am really baffled by this.

I see your posts often and nothing has ever jumped out like this before. Is Dayron a future superstar? He also has no jumper or free throw, so he may not be an ideal fit next to Sengun.

#1082 withmustard, Jan 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
  3. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

4. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

hey i hope yer right...
    im the kinda guy that takes even money on a blackjack vs the dealer ace... i'll take a guaranteed nice return over gambling on a bigger payday...
    but thats me...
    lol

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yes. Not the 2024 Brooklyn pick. But I’d do a top 16-20 protected 1st, Tate and filler. Brogdon would solidly our play-in bid. We need him.

we are disadvantaged in this bidding war by the shear fact that Portland isn’t gonna want to trade him to a Western Conference team. That’s real. But we should find a way to get this done.

#1085 Aruba77, Jan 23, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
    BaselineFade likes this.
  6. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I don't see why Portland would care which conference? They aren't built to contend for 2-3 more years (at least!), by which time Brogdon will be irrelevant

7. OremLK

OremLK Member

Eh, probably isn't my best trade idea--but I'm about done with Jalen. I'm getting so fed up with watching him that I'm about ready to trade him for basically a good bench shooting guard at this point (Lonnie Walker currently is #2 in the league in 3P%). That's probably an overpay, but I'm almost past the point of caring, I just want competent play at the 2-spot.

I do think Day'Ron is worth a mid-tier first-rounder. I'm very low on the 2024 draft. I doubt any center we would get with that pick would outproduce Sharpe.

8. plegus

plegus Member

Too good to happen.

9. plegus

plegus Member

Love this.

10. plegus

plegus Member

I think folks who’d like to tinker on trade machines can spend more time with multiple team trades as we get closer to the deadline. NBA GMs fancy accumulating little added values by throwing themselves into those trades.

11. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Oladipo (or Landale) and 2024 OKC SRP for
    Chris Boucher

Not sure on the pick. May need to be the GSW SRP or maybe it is Raptors sending a SRP. Boucher has salary in 2024-2025 to give Raptors cap space and the Rockets an expiring next season as well as someone that can play 10-15 minutes.

This basically assumes Stone unable to aggregate salaries this year and he's just trying to get chance to aggregate next season.

TimDuncanDonaut likes this.
  12. TimDuncanDonaut

Agree on Dipo first. Boucher is on their deep bench, but considering what is offered, is realistic.

Landale has a better flexible contract. All of Landale's future years are non-guaranteed, it's a very good contract for future aggregation.

#1092 TimDuncanDonaut, Jan 23, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  13. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

For a trade to fill the backup PG and backup center position.

Landale
    Oladipo
    Tate
    Draft Capital

for

Terry Rozier
    Nick Richards

I haven't seen Charlotte much to see if Richards is any good. Mostly, this is to get Rozier. Not sure if FVV will be a Rocket after next trade deadline, and Rozier would give a veteran option instead of Jalen Green. Rozier's big problem is injuries, but would rather have him in the rotation sometimes instead of Tate more often (even though I think Tate is fine for back of the rotation). Probably would need to be a three team trade with Holiday, Tate going to third team with good SRPs for a very low FRP that goes to Charlotte.

14. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

Rozier is averaging 23 ppg this season. I doubt he’ll be a backup here.

15. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Maybe. I like him on point and I don't like his defense much relative to Green's. I'd rather his minutes overlap with FVV not be against a starting unit. If Green loses his starting spot and the Rockets had Rozier, I'd rather they start Amen, Cam, or Tari for more defense with starters and to let Rozier run offense with FVV and Sengun on the bench.

Not completely opposed to Rozier starting, but Rockets really need someone to help offense when Sengun/FVV sit.

16. OremLK

OremLK Member

Haynes is suggesting that Robert Williams could still end up getting traded even though he's out for the season. Wonder if he would be a good buy-low candidate. Doesn't help our current playoff push, but I could imagine Ime wanting him for next season given their shared history.

Aruba77 likes this.
  17. csc177

csc177 Member

DO WHATEVER WE CAN TO GET QUENTIN GRIMES!

18. OremLK

OremLK Member

Maybe we get Time Lord but also get a veteran on an expiring contract like Andre Drummond? Let the veteran go during the offseason and Williams takes over?

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

We need that 38% shooting stat!!!

20. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

he’s on a very reasonable 2-yr deal after this season, but if Portland is moving on from him, he’s really damaged goods. Williams was a big reason Portland made that trade with Boston. A torn ligament in the knee sounds bad to me. He’s 6’9” to begin with; the injury won’t help his explosiveness.

but maybe it’s about keeping that Olidipo salary slot open, and hoping Williams can recover enough to be at least serviceable next season?

OremLK likes this.