1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Uniform changes....

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Two Sandwiches, Oct 25, 2015.

1. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

Just know, next time we see our team take the field, they will be in a different set of uniforms

2. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I loved our battle red unis this year. That would be my choice. That was awesome!!

The last thing I want to see is a cartoonist change, with something that looks too much like the old Oilers uniforms. It's a new generation, a new era, and a new team. Am I the only one who loves our logo and colors?

The last thing I want is the silly H-Town logo that looks like something a kid in middle school drew in art class. It's just ghetto looking and boring.

Rudyc281 and War Machine like this.
  3. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Ghetto looking?

macho GRANDE, red5rocket and Fulgore like this.
  4. War Machine

War Machine Member

Nope. I'm one of the few here who doesn't want a rebrand at all. I really enjoyed the the tweaks that were made to our uniforms the year. The Battle Reds and the Color Rush Unis were sick, why go away from that..? I'm going to miss those a lot.

And I couldn't agree more with the ghetto "H" they've already unveiled on the new hats. Looks terrible imo. Anything with "H-Town" is gimmicky and corny. Not classic-looking at all and will age poorly. Nike is notorious for botching rebrands so I'm not looking forward to this at all. Have a feeling they're going to suck big time. Hope I'm wrong but I doubt it.

#1024 War Machine, Jan 20, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
    macho GRANDE and deb4rockets like this.
  5. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Yeah, that H-Town logo looks like something spray painted on the side of an abandoned warehouse where junkies squat.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Exactly!!!!!

macho GRANDE and War Machine like this.
  7. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Anyone asking to keep the unis as is must be whiter than Mrs. Bairds white bread. Hence the “ghetto” comments I suppose.

Bring on the rebrand and some real identity.

Fulgore, Rvo384 and red5rocket like this.
  8. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

I'm with ya there. Not classy at all. Gimmicky and corny rebrands is Nike in a nutshell. I hate that they have anything to do with it.

9. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We have an identity. We are the Texans. What was wrong with the battle red unis? Those were too cool. I guess you disagree, but you sound like the racist with that stupid Mrs. Bairds comment. White people live in a ghettos too, and there is nothing special about a silly H-Town logo, especially in that type graphic. Middle school art. Honestly, the whole H-Town thing gets old. It's too gimmicky. No class.

#1029 deb4rockets, Jan 20, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2024
  10. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

What identity do you want?
    Some 90s looking logo that looks like dogshit? Old English is trash, H-Town on a jersey looks stupid.

11. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

Not only that but it's nothing unique. There's nothing special in the name H-Town over F-Town, B-Town, C-Town, D-Town or anything else.

12. War Machine

War Machine Member

Old English font is ghetto bud... it has that stereotype for a reason. It's notoriously used for gangs and last name script on cholo's cars lol.

And we already have an identity. There literally isn't another team in the NFL that has uniforms that look like ours. The closest you'll find is the Patriots just because they have a shoulder stripe too (very different looking one though), and they're still very different from ours. The new Battle Reds and Color Rush uniforms this year were awesome, some of the best in the entire league. Social Media largely agreed.

I assume you want to go with the traditional side-shoulder panels that every other team in the league already has? Cause that's lame. We have unique jerseys that would age really well if you let them. They'd be classics if you waited another 15-20 years. Teams that never changed their uni's always look better with time. Teams like the Packers, Steelers, Bears, Cowboys, Saints, etc. The classics always age well, not gimmicky stuff like "H-Town". Ours could've been in that plethora.

13. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Lmaoooo

14. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Stereotype by whom? You?

15. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Okay boomer.

16. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Stereotype by literally everyone.
    That’s what makes it a stereotype

War Machine likes this.
  17. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Little dumb ass kids still saying boomer?

18. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Hilarious though that the Old English font is somehow stereotyped by some morons as being ghetto when you can find the font on a baccalaureate degree or any Master’s degree lol

19. deb4rockets

Supporting Member

We obviously differ in opinions. Sorry, but any middle school kid in art class could paint a silly H-Town. That's nothing special or unique in my eyes.

War Machine likes this.
  20. Rvo384

Rvo384 Member

Stereotyped by bigots and idiots, the ones who think spray paint makes something ghetto lmao