1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Officially unofficial] Divisional Round: Texans @ Ravens Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FishBulb913, Jan 15, 2024.

1. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I can't wait to watch CJ and these Texans again. My love for football has been rekindled.

Jose Cuervo and Sir Geving like this.
  2. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

No attempt to run outside the tackles went for more than 3 yards, most got stuffed at the LOS or went for loss.

Even designed QB rollouts don't work when the INTERIOR gets blasted damn near every play.

3. War Machine

War Machine Member

Great season gentlemen. Bitter ending of course, but we got a lot further than anyone could've possibly imagined just 9 months ago. The fact that we even made the Playoffs after finishing with the 2nd Overall Pick in the Draft last year is insane, let alone the fact that won a Playoff game. Incredible turnaround and the most enjoyable season I've had as a Texans fan. I'll never forget the feeling I had last week when new dominated the Browns at home.

Now it's time to look forward to the Draft in April and how we can continue to improve our ball club and build off the success of this season. And it all starts in the trenches. Hopefully Caserio and the boys hit on our Draft picks this year cause it'll be imperative to us taking another step next season. Let's get it.

MadMax likes this.
  4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

That’s a really good ****ing football team.

5. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

This city was a baseball town before this year, glad to stop pretending we don't have a pro football team here.

SWTsig and War Machine like this.
  6. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

A great season comes to an end!

This is the most fun and enjoyment I've ever experienced with the Texans.

No regrets at how things worked out. They exceeded expectations by a mile. The journey had some ups and downs but I wouldn't change a single thing (except Tank Dell being injured). Tonight they lost to a clearly superior opponent that decided to dominate the 2nd half.

I will miss this team and can't wait until free agency.

solid, MadMax and Sir Geving like this.
  7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm going to cheer for the Ravens now so at least we can say we lost to the eventual SB Champs

Cstyle42, Sir Geving and deb4rockets like this.
  8. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

I hereby ban you from posting on football forums for calling a football field a court.

9. Damion Laverne

The little things cost the Texans in this game:
    • CJ missing a couple of throws at the end of the half
    • So many penalties on offense that killed drives
    • Relying on the blitz
    However, in my mind, it makes the offseason needs clearer. They have to start drafting better on offense and shop for defense in free agency. This game reminds me of what could've been in the 2022 draft (Linderbaum or Kyle Hamilton over Kenyon Green).

Season went way better than I expected (7 wins was my guess), but this ending still hurts.

Hopefully, they can make the changes so they buck the divisional round ceiling (0-5 now).

10. J_Hunter_1977

J_Hunter_1977 Member

Professor Klump over here getting feisty. Go rub some lotion on your elbows and hit up p*rn hub.

11. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Me too.

Sir Geving and tehG l i d e like this.
  12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

John Metchie = GHOST
    Brevin Jordan = GHOST

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep. Team was just outmatched. Ran out of talent.

Offense, no real weapons outside of Collins. Schultz and Singletary are nice but ask yourself this...how many other playoff teams are those guys starting for? I'm not saying replace either but we need more weapons.

Defense the LBs just not good enough to contain Lamar. No inside pressure generated which has always been an issue. Harris got hurt who was the spy on Lamar and he came back but I'm not sure he made a play since getting hurt.

They need another two weapons. Singletary is fine being paired with another back and get Dell back and maybe get another WR.

Defense needs more speed period to deal with QBs like this because if its not Lamar it'll be Mahomes or Allen or Tua.

As someone else said, biggest offseason in franchise history. Lots of decisions to make.

14. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Again a great year but the organization needs to be really serious about becoming a SB contender in the off season. The city is back excited about the team but the Texans organization will still be little brother to the other sports franchises in the city until they get close to a championship. I hope they know that and don't take this opportunity for granted in getting this franchise closer to contention.

Damion Laverne and Stros66 like this.
  15. War Machine

War Machine Member

The more I watched our O-Line struggle today, the more increasingly annoyed I get that we passed on 2 Pro-Bowl O-Lineman with our First Round Pick in 2022 in both Tyler Smith and Tyler Linderbaum, one of which the Ravens happily scooped up just a few picks later, and helped he dominate us today. Instead we drafted the biggest bust in the First Round, OG Kenyon Green. Pro-Bowl CB Trent McDuffie went right after our pick too smh.

Caserio's biggest draft whiff since he's been here imo.

Tuckmose likes this.
  16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

your mom will get me off.

17. Redfish81

Redfish81 Member

deleted that game on my DVR as soon as it ended...

18. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thats if the OL can even line up properly without false starting every other play

19. Marshall Bryant

Supporting Member

I'm going to be upset for a little while before I begin a season review. I still think we could have won it all.

20. Stros66

Stros66 Member

Exactly. High expectations. They have a great qb now they need to put all the pieces together for a SB run.

roxallways likes this.