1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Green and Whitmore off the ball

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Will, Jan 17, 2024.

1. persian hoopa

persian hoopa Contributing Member

Wrong thread

clutchdabear likes this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

3. Buck Turgidson

I don't watch nearly as many games as you guys do, so I kept telling myself "nah, they can't be that wrong, right?"

Yall are right. I've now, 20 games this year, seen enough.

Not sure I've ever seen a guy with this much talent just decide to not give a ****, and I've seen a whole lot of Houston basketball, and I remember Derek Chievous. It's weird, and infuriating, and he needs to go the way of Porter Jr, and best of luck for the rest of his career.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Welcome to the dark side.

snowconeman22 and Buck Turgidson like this.
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

HardenReturns likes this.
  6. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Great post, been saying pretty much same thing, Whitmore is active and making himself an available target.

Jalen must go.

DD

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is not dark, it is light, dark is hanging on but you can’t get blood out of a turnip, Jalen is a bust for us.

DD

Jontro likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

10. Buck Turgidson

Is it really that dark?

You think the guy would grow up (mature, is the better word), especially with a new coach (I'm assuming he's being coached in defense and things by our new coach who is a defensive coach, right?). Nope, he's gotten worse. Frustratingly candyass lazy.

I mentioned it in the GLeague thread, but so many of these youngsters would really benefit from a year or 3 in a proper college program, with a proper college atmosphere. Then they come to the NBA as not 18 y.o kids, but 20 y.o men

#30 Buck Turgidson, Jan 18, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  11. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I don't know if maturity is the issue .... but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt there.

I think he's genuinely trying .... just that he never developed the necessary basketball skills in his journey to the NBA - He'd have been one of those to benefit by a year or three in a high level college program.

He has made improvements (defense / passing), just not one that shows up in the points scored column.

If he could shoot a decent percentage, there would be far fewer complaints.

slothy420, Stephen_A, Easy and 4 others like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Above all, we should all be talking Cam Whitmore but here we are still puzzled about a certain Jalen Green.....

Even when he is not playing, people are talking about him, maybe he succeeded being an Instagram sensation......

He influenced so many people.

13. Buck Turgidson

Not just Green, but several many others...imagine those guys after a year or 2 under a Kelvin Sampson or Bill Self or whoever, instead of Johnny Jackf**k GLeague "Ignite" then to the NBA as an 18/19 y.o.

eta: apropos of nothing, but serious talk, I'm watching a 4 year college (+1 JUCO) guy by the name of Sam Cassell destroy the Suns in a Game 7 WCSF as a rookie off the bench. 2nd year Bobby Horry (4 years of college at Bama, iirc) doing serious damage too.

eta2: the commercials from 1994 (it's on youtube so I get those) are ****ing hilarious

#33 Buck Turgidson, Jan 18, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
  14. Buck Turgidson

eta3: Hakeem had a boring ol' G7 line of 37p-17r-5a-3b

burlesk, Nook and Richie_Rich like this.
  15. Buck Turgidson

I forgot how good Kevin Johnson was

eta: and I forgot just how much I hated Danny Ainge as a player

16. roslolian

roslolian Member

I still think Jalen will be a decent player down the road but pretty clear Whitmore is special, have said so since the preseason. At this point it's easier for Whitmore to develop court vision than Green to develop his shot it seems.

Honestly I'm just disappointed with Greens bad shooting. Reports during the draft were that he had Kobe like work ethic but we don't really see a lot of progress the past 3 yrs. Even now he should have been hitting the gym fixing his shot with Ben Sullivan I dunno if he putting it the work or not.

Jalen is only 21 I think he can still be a good player in the future but his rookie contract is about to end I highly doubt he'll get a significant deal with how bad he has been scoring.

HardenReturns, burlesk, solid and 2 others like this.
  17. solid

solid Contributing Member

I don't know if the Harlem Globe Trotters are still touring, but I really used to enjoy their shows. Jalen would be perfect for them. His athleticism would shine and he could probably master many of their tricks and gimmicks. I sincerely don't think he is a NBA level professional basketball player, and I don't think he will ever be. I honestly don't think he understands basketball basics.

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I think 82 seems like a fair and justifiable number

19. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

Just a hunch but he may be doing as is told... I agree 100% but not just this season.. Every sincee Harden has been here, guys didn't move for potential easy buckets.. They preach spacing but never take advantage of the available space.. How bout flash Bari through the midrange areas for high percentage jump shots? How bout a damn backdoor cut from your uber athletic 2 guard? I don't understand it sometimes..

HardenReturns and Bo6 like this.
  20. Garner

Garner Member

I think you take it a step further and trade Green for a meaningful asset now and give Whitmore and Eason the minutes.

robbie380 and solid like this.