1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

[Officially unofficial] Divisional Round: Texans @ Ravens Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by FishBulb913, Jan 15, 2024.

1. solid

solid Contributing Member

There are 32 NFL teams; the Texans are in the ELITE EIGHT. That is really something. Only TWO games away from the Super Bowl.

2. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

The cold front came through Houston right in time so the team can get acclimated. It's 20 degrees outside now and it's expected to be the same in Baltimore on Saturday. I just don't want any of our players catching the flu or cold because that will drain the hell out of you no matter what you do.

3. Hemingway

Hemingway Member

I hope they don’t catch the flu or cold either, but cold weather has nothing to do with it. Being in cold weather can make flus and colds worse, but it is not the cause.

Cannonball and tehG l i d e like this.
  4. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm glad KC is going to Buffalo.

This Baltimore game is winnable.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This is going to be tough. Lamar will beat us with his legs. I think CJ will be able to solve the Ravens D to an extent, I'm just not sure our defense can contain Lamar.

macho GRANDE likes this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Maybe. But playoff Lamar has been bad

8. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

To be fair, they did in the first game.

Stroud is wildly better than he was in his debut.

I'm really excited to see him do what he has done in college and both win or die playoff games.

Lamar has been horrible in all 4 starts in the playoffs.

We just need both guys to be who they are....

everyday eddie and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

DeMeco has the LBs and EDGE players balling out and playing their best football at the best possible time. Defense is playing with swagger, and they are coming in PREPARED. I think they'll have a game plan for Lamar. Now it just comes down to execution, and making him beat you with accurate throws. I think they get to him enough times to force errant throws, and CJ and the offense do their thing. The biggest thing I love about this team is their refusal to be intimidated by any one or any situation. Texans win this one, and take us to our first AFCCG.

10. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Make that 17-2

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I totally understand why the Ravens are favored heavily, and if I was betting, I'd probably bet on them, but there's no way you can count out the Texans with CJ Stroud.

Stephen66, Uprising, solid and 3 others like this.
  12. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

CJ already has as many playoff wins as Lamar.

everyday eddie, cmoak1982 and Fulgore like this.
  13. War Machine

War Machine Member

Curious to see what DeMeco and Matt Burke's Defensive game plan is going to look like against them. I assume they'll use Christian Harris to Spy on Lamar quite a bit. We gotta contain him, can't let the guy run all over us. He's going to make some pays with his legs regardless because he's a freak athlete, we just have to find a way to limit them.

Should also be noted that the high in Baltimore on Saturday is 27º. Will certainly affect the passing game. I assume both teams will try to run the ball quite a bit for this reason. Hope our Front-7 are ready. Let's get it.

[​IMG]

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

Gamblers know you don’t jinx yourselves with premature stuff like this

Sooty likes this.
  15. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Cashman or Harris can spy. The other on Andrews

16. Fantasma Negro

17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Andrews is a beast and we saw what the TE with Cleveland did..........Lamar will get his but when they get to the red zone, I hope we can turn many drives into 3 and not 7. IMO we will need help, we need either a score by the D or a special teams score...............we need points every procession. Lamar has had some very average playoff games but he is still a former MVP. I think we can do this but we need the D to play like the second half of the Browns game. X factor could be Metchie, its time for a breakout game................I think this game goes down to the wire and who has the ball on the past possession........................Come on Saturday! One good thing is the weather should not be an issue, they are practicing in what they will be playing in

Houstunna and cmoak1982 like this.
  18. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Texans will need to stop the run and heat up Lamar in passing situations. They played him really well in Week 1. Houston are one of the few rosters that has two dominant edges. They really have the ability to cause issues.

ROCKSS likes this.
  19. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

As a HOU fan, I'm happy to see this franchise do a complete 180.

I hope the players feel a sense of urgency and leave everything on the field. No guarantees for future seasons.

I hope DeMeco, Bobby and CJ show Baltimore some things they haven't seen yet from us.

Lack of film on CJ as an NFL starter gives us the advantage of unpredictability.

20. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Christian Harris should be our spy this game and he will break LJ if he gets too comfy leaking out of contain. 2 deep shell and green light one of the edge guys to pass rush every single play and keep him at home. If LJ is running free and not paying the price physically we will lose.

Offensively Shultz needs to be a big part of the game plan. I expect BAL to double Nico and their base defense is good enough to stop our run. Dalton can feast in the intermediate game. Play action will hurt them.

24-20 type of game. If CJ can limit mistakes we can shock these guys.

everyday eddie and solid like this.