1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Sixers 1/15/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 14, 2024.

1. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

I still believe that JGreen's problem is bad coaching. The previous team convinced him to be deputy of Head Honcho, hence the other part of the one of the best backcourt of NBA. Delusion. The new team also seems not very interested in to train him properly. The kid was scoring more in his rookie year than his third. Very similar to Alp's FT. In his third year Alp still shoots worse than his pre-NBA year FTwise.
    These things are not normal. Better help them in a proper way. Jalen is/will be 28 ppg player. Whether the current regime will succeed in or not, it is not clear yet.

Carpe82, ramotadab and justinh like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess the Rockets looked good in spurts in the first 20 games or so and then it went downhill gradually.....

I am hoping it will be enough for 42 Wins down the road..at least it had meant something to the players.

#582 daywalker02, Jan 15, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2024
    ramotadab likes this.
  3. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Amen, Miller , Henderson, - see yall like to think a teenager can come in NBA and drop 20-25/6/6 … that’s not reality .. only way to fix it is require them to play 2-3 years in college or GLeague before becoming draft eligible

AuburnRocket, ramotadab and roslolian like this.
  4. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

a noon game on monday? wtf. I missed it

5. Lathander

Lathander Member

Hi. A new Turkish Rockets fan here..

Rockets fans should not exaggerate the recent defeats against the established teams of NBA.
    The team Rockets is still being rebuilt, and for me, this is the first year of this rebuilding progress.
    Also, the players in the team are very young. Most of them are between the ages of 19-22.
    At those ages, young people's bodies constantly produce new muscles, making it difficult for them to form "muscle memory".

Bad muscle memory = inconsistent plays = ups and downs in consecutive games.

Just observe the flamingos and dirks of Alpi. three-point shots of J. Green ve Bari. Their shots clearly show a lack of muscle memory and insufficient training.
    In my opinion, we will see the real Alpi, J. Green and Bari when they turn 25. J. Green will turn into the three-point shooter everyone fears. Alpi and Bari will become the two colossuses of this team. They will turn into monsters. Then we won't be able to get enough of watching them.

Carpe82, Holybats, quikkag and 8 others like this.
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

A lot of doomers here as usual lol lemme break it to you 21 yr Olds don't contend for championships in the NBA.

I looked at the box score and the Rox starters didn't even play bad, it's just Maxey scored 27 and Embiid was unstoppable with 41 pts. Sixers are a contender and have a veteran crew with MVP in his prime, it's not surprising 21 yr old Sengun lost to them.

As for anybody disappointed with the state of the team that's just moving goal posts at this point. Rox are on track to win 40 games and go 0.500 this year, lots of people were saying they'd win 30 games top in the preseason.

7. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Who were this "lots of people" saying they'd win 30 games?
    I just want to know this inferiority complexed individuals.

8. Junebball

Junebball Member

.. everyone has been ******** on Jalen, but Jabari has been playing like trash much of this road trip.

Man! if the three of Jalen, Jabari and Amen don't pan out, you can't justify tanking.

I feel like Sengun, Tari and Cam are legit and all were drafted outside the lottery.

It comes down to this, you want to waste another year developing Jalen or you want to make the play-in. Not given if Jalen will develop to the player the Rockets envisioned when they drafted him

ramotadab and Aruba77 like this.
  9. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

U ain't missed nothing

10. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

that has nothing to do with what I said. The Hornets and Blazers didn't pick up those players and not expect them to contribute right away. That was the entire argument. I know they're going to struggle, I'm not naive but claiming we picked Amen as the 4th pick to be a 5 year project is absolutely ridiculous. No one drafts the 4th pick and says hmm he won't be ready in about 5 years. You might as well pack your bags and leave if you're the GM because you won't be around that long to see that pick make it to 7 years. That's career suicide. You have one of the worst seasons in franchise history and then you try to sell the fans that the pick will take half a decade to develop lol. C'mon...The Nuggets drafted Peyton Watson with that mindset at the 30th pick, not the 4th pick.

The last 4th pick that got drafted and was considered a "project" was Dragan Bender. Well, that turned out to be an awful pick and bigs usually take longer to develop.

Ps: for the record, I don't think Amen will take that long to develop, I also don't think he'll ever be what CF wants him to be.

ramotadab likes this.
  11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Sengun played like trash today. Even Ime eluded to this and him having 3 turnovers in the first quarter. Let's not dog pile on Jalen or Jabari. Sengun's lack of man defense & physicality has hurt us

12. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

@don grahamleone Rick Flair at the Buccaneers game

[​IMG]

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I hear you, but in fairness Jabari has played a year and a half and has absolutely shown more improvement over that time than Jalen. I’m not saying Bari was worth the #3 pick, but he’s a better prospect than Jalen. His shooting is better and his defense is better. No, not good enough for the #3 pick in a good draft, but he’s gonna be a good 2-way player for years to come. As for Amen..it’s just too early to pass judgement.

We have to admit that we got the #2 pick wrong. Jalen may pan out to be a good 6th man, but he’s not a star and I’m not sure he’s even a net positive player for the rockets. Bari isn’t gonna be a star either, but he can be a really good 2-way player with size.

14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Vegas, the media, and fans. I thought they would do slightly better than that personally.

15. invocux

invocux Member

Gsw lost to Grizzlies (without Bane and Morant) lol these clowns are not finishing above us.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Personally, I’m gonna go ahead and pencil in 100% that we hit on Cam Whitmore. Even if he is just scores and never really distributes for others.

So we hit on Smith, Sengun and Whitmore as guys that are a top players on a good team. One of them, hopefully ends up being the guy and the other two strong and supporting roles.

Eason seems to also a top of the rotation guy.

Green likely doesnt have a future here. Thompson is the wildcard. Green to a far lesser extent if he figures it out in the next year.

Brooks and FVV have 2-3 years left on the squad playing at relatively these levels.

Even if we go 39-43, much progress has been made.

17. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

One of FVV's worst games. Jeff Green wasn't very good either. The biggest disappointment for me though was the horrible free throw shooting. Again! 59 percent is just ****ing unacceptable for an NBA basketball team. These guys are in a rut right now.

ramotadab and clutchdabear like this.
  18. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I personally think 1 year of college wouldn't have helped him much, if anything it would have dropped him in the draft with more holes being exposed. I actually don't feel like his problem is necessarily IQ at this point, it's simply shooting skills and layup skills not really being there. He has no problem creating shots, but he can't confidently hit any of the shots he takes from game to game. I think doesn't have the body type to just get away with a lot of stuff at the rim, so he needs to be Kyrie level of touch.

I believe he might be out of the league in a few years if he can't at least become a decent shooter. He doesn't have the tools to be a role player, it's really is prolific scorer or bust.

Richie_Rich and ramotadab like this.
  19. Wizman

Wizman Member

Ok, this is just a ridiculous take. Having lurked here for a while I’ve noticed that you’re the anti-Sengun version of a Sengunatic. Early on the TOs were bad, yes, but the rest of the game he had only 2 and finished with 6 assists (could have been more except for poor shooting). Furthermore on a couple of his early TOs he hustled back to play good D and they didn’t result in Philly buckets. You don’t get that many offensive rebounds with a lack of physicality: that has been an issue in a couple other games but not today. He had 2 blocks against Embid and generally played decent D today.

You can make a point about Jalen (and I do agree with you about the piling on) without anti-Sengun hyperbole.

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

I was glad that Jalen had a good second half. I hope he gets confidence from that and builds on it for the next game