1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans to hire Bobby Slowik as OC

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Feb 12, 2023.

1. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Chargers, ATL, Wash, Tenn Cosplayers, panthers (lol), Seahawks and Raiders.

The rumors are that the Seahawks will go with Cowboys (lol) DC Dan Quinn. He used to work there. The Raiders will go with Antonio Pierce if Harbaugh goes to San Diego.

Cowboys might fire Mike M and the same with the Eagles if they loose to Bucs. But those are jobs the hoodie might take.

conquistador#11 and red5rocket like this.
  2. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

That is my worst scenario. Theres a guy that I know and cant stand and hes a chargers fan. Harbaugh to anywhere else please.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Washington makes a ton of sense: hired a 49ers GM; top 2 pick; several offensive weapons already in place and cap space. It would actually be a pretty good landing spot.

hlmbasketball likes this.
  4. percicles

ATL is nice too. They have weapons on both sides except a QB. Justin Fields can be had for a 2nd rd pick and he’s from the area.

5. Qan

Qan Member

I bet Ben Johnson will take the Redskins job. Slowik will go Atlanta or Titans, if he leaves. Maybe he'll take the money and go Panthers.

6. Hey Now!

Yep; agree. The Falcons are a QB away from being very dangerous, and in a very winnable division where the best QB, right now, is probably Baker Mayfield.

7. Champs

Champs Member

Amy Adams is obsessed and will make Slowik a priority.

red5rocket likes this.
  8. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

hire the Packers OC. those receivers were wide open. please dont touch Bobby.

9. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

If Slowick leaves, my guess is that he will go to Washington. Reason being, is they have the #2 pick and he will have a chance to pick his QB.

Tenn is in love with Levis and I just dont see Slowick and Levis being a good mix.

Also, my thing with Slowick is, is he a better OC, than head coach? Is he a Demeco type?

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

If Slowick is wise, he will stay away from Tenn. Levis is not who they think he is and I can't see them going for another QB in the draft this yr.

11. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

If Slowick doesnt get ATL or Wash, my prediction is that he will be back

12. dmoneybangbang

I don't think he'll leave this season as I think teams are just getting intel. He's young and this is his first year as the offensive coordinator with amazing talent at the QB position.

There are already a lot of strong head coaching candidates this offseason.

charlieaustin likes this.
  13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I agree, I don't think he has a head coaching resume yet. He wasn't exactly lighting the world on fire with Case out there, and he can't take CJ with him. But who knows.

14. percicles

I think he might end up being the best of the Shannahan Tree OCs because of Demeco and Vice versa. Heard on the broadcast that Bobby went to Kyle and asked to tbe an OC. Kyle was like sure but you need to learn defense. So he put him in as a defensive assistant the same year Demeco started his coaching career for the 49rs. I think they both held the same title. That’s like 5 years of working side by side. So both have come up together. Bobby even said how
    much hes learning from Demeco in terms of motivation and leadership.

One thing I will say is that Bobby has family in the NFL coaching ranks. Dad was a coordinator and his brother is on the Dolphins d staff. So I don’t think he’s gonna go to a cluster funk of an organization like the Panthers or work for an owner that’ll make him Cosplay as dead head coach and look like a clown.

15. Qan

Qan Member

If Texans beat the Ravens (or not) and the offense balled out...Slowik will jump above Ben Johnson as #1 coach candidate. Washington and Titans at that time will go hard to get Slowik...maybe even the Cowboys after McCarthy gets fire.

16. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

IMO, Slowik has just been OK as an OC. Which is fine because it's his first time calling plays. We've had a middle of the pack offense this year. It's just that 9 years of Bill O'Brien, Tim Kelly, and Pep Hamilton combined with the revelation that is CJ Stroud has made the offense seem much more impressive this year.

I don't mind him getting interviews, I just don't think he's ready to actually be a HC yet. Of course, I said the same thing about Vrabel after his one year as DC.

17. Hey Now!

I'm not smart enough to know who's responsible for what. But CJ Stroud is wrapping up the greatest rookie season in the entire history of sports. Nico Collins has become one of the 5-10 best WRs in football; Devin Singletary has been one of the 2-3 best backs in football since getting the RB1, and a team that was 4-763 the past four years is 10-6 when their QB is healthy + you can add another win with the carcass of Case Keenum starting a game.

I would not term that season "OK" by any measure.

18. solid

solid Contributing Member

He and Demeco are very close friends. I think he stays for awhile.

19. percicles

Guys Matt Patricia and Brian Johnson might be available as OC. A clear upgrade over ‘overrated’ Bobby if he leaves. They have like 3 SB rings and 5 SB appearances between them.

20. conquistador#11

The evolution from game 1 to now.

donkeypunch likes this.