1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it’s time to move along from Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCRocket, Jan 10, 2024.

1. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Bradley Beal was a great 3 point shooter from year 1

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is where you are wrong, I am a realist not a Jalen Green anti follower....I do not follow him around, if he is off the team.

Then it would be as if I never talked that much about him.

3. Ancient Moabite

I Am right, being real is fake, same thing diff degrees

Green triggers you like the Joker triggered Dent in the hospital( in Dark Knight film)

And you are not being real thinking LeBron shouldn't have more votes with his 30+ million social media followers?

How can you have 30+ million fanatical followers and only muster 2-3 million votes

But you think Green social media should vote him in? Are you being genuine or fake?

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Again that is where you are wrong, if I had my stash I would not be here most of the time after games.......

I would be tripping somewhere else. CF is the druggy.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do think Lebron can call upon his followers if he wanted....he never had to.....

Shannon Sharpe is his biggest follower, and he is on TV.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, you are very late to the party, I have not seen you defend Jalen Green in the 2-3 years Stephen Silas was the coach.

You are basically raging about the end of what is Jalen's rookie contract.

I cannot even say it is amusing because of your timing.....

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

God I hope so

8. Ancient Moabite

You be lit on your stash.... chasing it with henny(clutchfans)

9. Ancient Moabite

Being late means I Am always on time

I don't need to defend professional players, I discuss what they are showcasing and can relate from actually playing and being very critical of myself after each performance

How is it diff talking about Green first two seasons or his third season, on the same rookie contract?

You fair weather fanatics really be on one(amusing)next month Jalen may be your favorite rocket and you were just being a concerned fan, kudos

10. Ancient Moabite

So maybe Sharpe and his team are responsible for those 3 million votes for Bron

LeBron is always on social media/commercials etc, he is one of the faces of the league and is internationally known so he should be pushing 10 mill votes

Especially since you are questioning Green social media followers voting him in, which is nothing compared to Bron

Maybe you can help Green get his Sharpe someday

LeBron has a famous water boy on TV and Bron can't crack 5 millon+ votes?

Its probably because half of his followers are farm troll bot accounts, fictions run a mock on social media

11. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This needs to be pinned as a special announcement on this board. This is Jalen fanboys special go to when anyone has a valid argument. "you hate him" A lot of us supported him being drafter over Mobley we are just mature to admit we were wrong.

NewAge and jim1961 like this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The question is, if Jalen was a mid first pick, would you be satisfied with him? What would you expect from a mid first if you could trade him for one?

13. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

part of it for me is that he’s midway through year 3. If it was his rookie year (as a mid-round pick) I’d be optimistic. But looking at our other mid first picks, like Tari and Cam, who have even less nba experience, I’d say they are better prospects. I’d trade a Jalen for a Tari or a Cam any day.

HardenReturns likes this.
  14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The point of my question was, if you had a mid first pick and he turned out to be like Jalen, would you be okay or would you be very disappointed like you do now with Jalen? The answer to this question has to do with what a mid first pick is really expected to be worth.

15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The gripe is a lot of teams would not pick a super athletic guy who has limited skills with the mid round pick.....

They would probably go with a 2 way shooter ......a big like Lively, Jaquez or All round guy in Tari.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I really don't care about the gripe of draft decisions in the past. We are talking about moving Jalen Green at the present.

The number one reason presented is this: His value is at the highest now. It will only go down hill and therefore we should sell high. Ironically, the opposite argument is used by those who are against trading him now, that his value is very low and we should not sell low.

But a more important reason for moving him which is seldom straight up stated is this: Jalen Green is a bad player. He is not good for the team and we should get rid of him ASAP. This sentiment is quite similar to what people felt about Wood, KPJ, and Nix. Now they are turning this feeling on Green. My question is, is this feeling caused by Jalen being a bad player hurting the team or caused by disappointment of him being picked at #2?

Or to put it another way, if he was picked at #16 and had been coming off the bench playing about 20 mpg, would we want to move him?

DaDakota likes this.
  17. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

All the off season moves were made for Jalen’s benefit. The Lopez pursuit shows they wanted to prop up Jalen over Sengun. What more can the team do to give him a better opportunity? (Other than send him back to Cali, or play with his boy Barnes in Toronto.)

18. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I would be happy if my mid first turned out to be like Jalen as a rookie, but if he still looked like Jalen mid-way through year 3 I’d be disappointed. That’s what I’m trying to say. So I guess to answer your question, I’d rather roll the dice on a mid rounder than continue to develop Jalen. But given that the 2024 draft is supposed to be very weak, I’d probably hold out for a 2025 pick or later.

Easy likes this.
  19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Then there is no method to determine if he would be an adequate 15th pick or 16th pick.....

His stats do not look bad but the issues are deeper than that, and there would be no way to determine how other teams view him......

That is why a lot of us have suggested both KPJ or Green should try coming off the bench to determine their resolution to fit in......We have no idea if he can even play the Microwave scorer.

You have to start somewhere.

20. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Tari Eason is a #17 pick. He has been coming off the bench playing about 21 mpg. He is very good on defense and somewhat limited on offense. There is very little change statistically from his first year.

Almost everybody is happy about Tari. If people are saying that Tari is a better player than Jalen, I have no qualm about it. I think there is merit about such view. If people are saying Tari has better potential than Jalen, I don't know if I can agree. I don't see much improvement with him, which is one major reason why people give up on Jalen--no improvement.

This is the point I am getting at: Do people want Jalen out because he is bad or because he is a disappointment at #2?