1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Last chance for the Phoenix Suns -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

What is Jalen Green's trade value now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 14, 2024.

?

What is Jalen Green's trade value now?

1. 2-4

2. 5-8

3. 9-12

4. 13-17

5. 18-23

6. Late first

7. Seconds

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TimDuncanDonaut

He's 9.8m this year.
    12.4m next year.

If based purely on performance so far, and you are Rockets org, putting aside what his agent would agree to.

What salary per year is reasonable on a team friendly deal?

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

My question is what would market value be for a very inefficient 20 point #2 overall scoring guard with "upside"?
    And the second question is: do we want to pay that or let someone else pay it?

I'm guessing he will ask towards $20M and I want no part of that. I would rather get big man or PG depth in a trade and/or with that space.

My assumption is Green and his agent see:
    * De'Aaron Fox making $32M
    * Bruce Brown making $22M
    * Buddy Hield making $19M
    * Anfernee Simons $24M
    * Jordan Clarkson $23M
    and they consider him in that archetype.

joshuaao and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

we can get a pick in the 3-10 range.

4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I know it would be unpopular, but Cam is becoming an asset other teams might covet pretty highly.
    Like you said, we cant pay everyone. Cam, Tari + the Brooklyn picks could look pretty nice to another team.

5. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

my problem is that I don’t think he’s a true net positive for the team. Yes he can go get a basket, but his shooting is so inefficient and he still has trouble finishing at the rim. I just think even a slightly above average shouting guard would give us more wins. I would rather just recoup some value and move onto other opportunities rather than try to get him on a value deal. I want our development focus on Sengun, Bari, Tari and Cam. Sengun is a star. Cam looks like he has the potential to be. And Bari/Tari are at worst really really good 2-way players in this league for the next 12 yrs. I don’t see Jalen in any of those categories.

BamBam, cml750, GotGame15 and 4 others like this.
  6. splendidchen

splendidchen Member

20 years ago, a 17.4 ppg pure scorer on 52.9% TS would be considered an OK-ish 3rd wheel on a team. Today, such a player is considered a net negative to the team, a below-replacement-level player. That's how much the league has changed. Any trade value is based on somewhat of a reclamation project at this point...

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some time ago scoring 95 would not be seen as a low scoring game....

This is like saying in the past 100 bucks was worth something great.----

HardenReturns and Nook like this.
  8. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Any positive value for him lies in what one might project him to be at some future point. Some sort of gradual improvement.
    And that is both waning for the Rockets and for any landing site in a trade.

But then there is the breakout scenario. And that is about belief. Some may still think that is a possibility.
    Anyone assigning value to him would have to be carrying that belief.

#28 jim1961, Jan 14, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  9. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

lol no tf we can’t

mind you DLo who was a way better player than Jalen by his 2nd year was salary dumped for a pick in the 20s. Especially with Jalen being due for a contract, you rather have a lotto pick who’s on a cost controlled contract for the next 3 years than be the team who has to pay Jalen 20M a season.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I would take a FRP and a role player - and flip that pick with the Brooklyn picks for an upgrade.

Jalen leaving makes us better simply by moving Cam into a starting spot, better defensively, better offensively, just better.

Jalen is in the way...he has been the 2nd best SG on the team his entire 3 years and is somehow still starting.

DD

HardenReturns and maypk like this.
  11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think you might get a late first, but most likely it would be seconds if you didn't want to take back a bad contract.

He's a one way, highly inefficient, bench quality player. If his current contract was longer, he'd be a negative asset and you'd be looking to give up picks just to have someone take him.

12. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

So we can pick another Amen Thompson….NO THANK YOU!!!

13. Imanimal

Imanimal Member

Trade Jalen, Amen, and Jabrari to the Lakers for Anythony Davis.

14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

That is pretty harsh, but may not be wrong.

cml750 likes this.
  15. Jontro

Jontro Member

i dun watch games, but which one of them is amen? need to know in case my friends talk about them

16. karakedi

karakedi Member

17. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

This thread doesn't make any sense. If the z rockets trade Jalen it won't be for a draft pick. We don't need more draft picks. If he gets traded it will be as part of a package for a star.

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It might be for a pick and we can package all those picks for a player we really want.

Green needs a fresh start, he will never fit in with what Ime is asking, he is too small.

DD

GotGame15, clutchdabear and Newlin like this.
  19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Reported for subversive suggestions to front office. Please don't let this happen! lol. Unless it's for a true franchise changer, like a Drexler, McGrady or Harden trade.

cml750 and jim1961 like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I had to chuckle at the wording.....

cml750 and HardenReturns like this.