1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ime Udoka on Alperen Sengun vs Bulls: "He played one half of basketball, basically"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 10, 2024.

1. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

punishment and accountability are different things. Silas was holding no one accountable and only punished Sengun. İme holds everyone accountable in different ways suited to the player and sets higher standards for Sengun. It is like the difference between two completely opposite parenting styles.

2. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

thirsting for good boy points a little too hard there, Stan

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. just nobody's like you have no place to be calling out anyone around here. and of all people Clutch lol

I do what i want and always have

4. Zen Tabak

Zen Tabak Member

anyone can be called out if they fall into the pattern that happens way too often here and seriously hampers the discourse:

- person offers a premature hot take unprompted
    - hot take appears to be incorrect over time
    - person seemingly hopes for the player to fail in order to be proven correct, rather than just say "i was wrong"

we've seen this pattern from some of the most obnoxious posters on this forum and none among us should be immune to criticism

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. especially when the reason you're hilarious attempt at calling out Clutch is stupid. "Clutch has been quiet"

Nvm the fact that Clutch has continuously posted Sengun highlights on his page every game. LOL

6. plegus

plegus Member

I mean I dont like people going after this either. I think it wont help anyone and making things harder as a community. However “who are you” argument is also getting sour fast. I do not know how you weigh reputation over the current action but 3rd persons gatekeeping is not better at all. You all collectively fueling a controversy which should have been case closed already in my opinion. I know I am being the 4th person saying this but you shouldt poke a cornered person if you want to make peace with them. In this case only outcome that will benefit literally everyone is making peace and move on. I have no idea where this angry and condescending statements stem from.

Sincerely,
    plegus

#86 plegus, Jan 12, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  7. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

8. plegus

plegus Member

:(:oops:

9. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I like a little trash talk and I'm sure @Clutch doesn't need anyone to protect him from it. It's all part of the game.

Doubt he was dodging his own message board for this reason though lol He owns it, he can hate on Sengun on the front page if he wanted to.

10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Good post. I don't think @Clutch needs anyone to be his white knight.

He can certainly dish it out, so I'm sure he can take a little teasing.

Ultimately, we are all Rockets fans though and should stand together when it comes to the team.

Go Rockets!

P.S.: Time for @Clutch to become a Sengunatic finally and endorse Alpi for the all-star game. :D

11. plegus

plegus Member

You are technically 100% right, which is never the whole story when human connection is involved.

HardenReturns and Mathloom like this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

plegus likes this.
  13. plegus

plegus Member

I think I became the “kid” in the room trying to be the “adult”, thinking wishful lol. Turntables.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  14. jim1961

jim1961 Member

When we discuss whats best for the team is when things go sideways.

plegus and clos4life like this.
  15. clos4life

clos4life Member

I agree, what kind of mentally deficient person wouldn't want Sengun to be the hub of our offense at this point? Clearly, only a moron would make such a claim.

HardenReturns and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. ferrari77

ferrari77 Contributing Member

That's how Ime's dad was to him growing up and pretty much how a lot of Nigerian parents(and Asian to an extent from what i've heard) are.
    Why the B? You can do better. Does the person who got an A have two heads? Get an A next time.