1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Bulls 1/10/2024

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 9, 2024.

1. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

The guy is not around, hence it is my duty:

"GOOD NIGHT GENTLEMEN".

2. roslolian

roslolian Member

Majority here clearly don't support the young core given how they are blaming Green for this loss.

I don't have an "idea" I'm just speaking facts. Rox lost by 5 simple math alone Jalen's one missed layup is being overblown as the one that cost us the game.

gfab-babyboi and BigMaloe like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I was worried about this game from the beginning. We are missing Brooks and Tari.
    Tate needs to be attached with Oladipo's expiring contract and the remaining 2nd round picks by the February deadline.
    Waive Landale ASAP and sign Biyombo.

Patience likes this.
  4. TAB

TAB Member

I'm not complaining, it's just a high number even compared to the other 40+'s. I think it shows Ime's confidence in him.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

I'm not attacking other players and I'm not in love with Jalen Green. If you looked at my post during the game I even said trade Jalen and Nets first for Bald Eagle and Drummond.

What I don't like is inconsistent behavior being posted here in CF. It's fine if you praise Cam but then why are you OK with him missing shots but then Green misses one layup and it cost us the game? I just want posters to be consistent in what they post which unfortunately isn't the case for Green.

BigMaloe and fchowd0311 like this.
  6. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Oh. Ok.

7. invocux

invocux Member

The guy does play for himself. There is nothing worse than a selfish role player. Holiday is the same. At least he can shoot.

Patience and Roomba like this.
  8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Honestly, I'm not mad. That was a playoff type game. And we ended the game with 4 of our young guys. It was very valuable experience for those guys. We're getting there.

Loved Cam getting to play the whole fourth, but he made a few rookie mistakes there, but again, I expect he'll learn and be better for it. I'm so excited about our future.

edit. I'd add that Sengun was a MONSTER in the second half. He, too, made some bad decisions in overtime, but he's only 21. And he's becoming more and more consistent. I think we're going to be seeing games soon enough where he's scoring 25 in both halves.

#1288 Williamson, Jan 10, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
    cryout75, Bo6, j@amc and 15 others like this.
  9. Umut

Umut Member

It's sad to lose but this team is still very new, if they make the playoffs this year I can say they are successful, after all they are a young team and they are learning

burlesk, roslolian, eliefor3 and 2 others like this.
  10. roslolian

roslolian Member

This game doesn't even worry me because we are missing Dillon and Tari who are our premier perimeter defenders. OTH Chicago is carried by their perimeter scorers Coby White, Bald Mamba, Lavine, De Rozan. It was Def a bad match up.

Cam played well but had tunnel vision and along with that 3 he let Lavine drill right in his face it cost us the game. Despite that I think Cam showed he is leagues ahead of Tate and should start ahead of Tate while we wait for Dillon and Tari to come back.

Jalen had an ok game Def wasn't great but also wasn't terribad. I liked the vision and playmaking he showed as well as hustle on D. However he has a problem finishing thru contact and unfortunately he isn't getting superstar calls. So next for him is to get stronger and also keep working on his 3s cuz he shot like ass tonight.

Sengun was ice cold but still proved he is the best player and Jabari showed he is the 2nd best player on this team.

My takeaways for Udoka are start Cam and get Bari more shots.

burlesk, Patience and Roomba like this.
  11. WestendMassive

Just when I thought today was a terrible day I scroll for a bit on Twitter and I see this

LOL

BigMaloe, Bo6, saleem and 8 others like this.
  12. invocux

invocux Member

Pistons next? 19-18 baby

burlesk likes this.
  13. Risingred

Risingred Member

We were 119 vs 117 and Green had the ball. If you looked at the shot clock, we had 12 seconds left when Jalen shot that layup. First, that was not a good shot as he drifted away from the basket. Second, did you really need to attempt such a difficult shot when you had so much time on the shot clock and your team was leading? Third, he lost his balance and we were playing 4 vs 5 in most of the possession. If that is not momentum shift, I don't know what it is momentum shift. We have very small margin to win in OT on the road, those kind of mistakes can be tolerated if you are a rookie - but Jalen is not a rookie. He needs to stick with the game plan and let the better player carry the team. Harden would throw the ball to Embiid when he was in Philly 100 out of 100 times. Nobody said Jalen played a bad game, actually he had a decent to good game. However, he can't keep making those rookie mistakes.

bro2044 likes this.
  14. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

You're not wrong, but most of CF won't hear you. They want him gone or Cam over him and can't see the little things he gets right over the things he gets wrong... for now.

It's as if after 3 years he has plateau'd at 21 and has no room for more improvement. As if 3 years in trumps 21 years young.

BigMaloe and gfab-babyboi like this.
  15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Warriors are ass against everyone except the rockets. makes me sick.

16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

LOVE IT!

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

That is fair but do not force fans to like a player who is not really that likable to everyone......

18. Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut Member

I thought he played with in the flow of the offense tonight, he cut, he put himself in positions to score the ball. He gave up the ball to the starters quite often.

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  19. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Got to hit more than 60% of your free throws. That was pathetic...

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Fred gets away with a poor field goal percentage because he has a high three-point percentage.

2-7 in the second half today.